• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Prinny

I think I have network issue.
I saw you teleporting into the hole as soon as I put a banana!

Oh no, I hit the windmill.

Shooting more than 3 fireballs at once make the last one disappear.

I think I have network issue.

I saw you teleporting into the hole as soon as I put a banana!

Oh no, I hit the windmill.

Shooting more than 3 fireballs at once make the last one disappear.

Ha, I wondered what slowed you down. Stop typing and driving.

This new kart setup is much better btw, I can actually see you now when you cross the finish line! That's something right?

:'(

Oh, and I'm tring to get rid of that useless fireflower. What the hell I'm I supposed to do with that or the raccoon tail when I'm a half mile behind you?

Prinny

Ha, I wondered what slowed you down. Stop typing and driving.

This new kart setup is much better btw, I can actually see you now when you cross the finish line! That's something right?

:'(
Don't worry, I was using my old horrible stuff.
And I'm not typing while playing lol.

Fireflower fireball go very far. And you were close, you could have aimed at me.

Edit: Noooooooooooooo! Why did you hit that car :(

Well last two races were really close.

Turning computer off, might try to post with 3DS.

Very good game, and first as a gaffer (Tony).

What are the most active times of day on 150cc community?

Right around now actually. Check the board as most people will post here when they want to race.

What happened on Maple Treeway Prinny? My network went crazy again and next thing I knew I was in first :/

Edit: open lobby with three if anyone is interested

Nice banana throwing in Kalimari!

Maple was funny, I think you hit me 10 times :)

Last race ending was... lol

That was a nice role reversal on Maple :) I knew you'd get me before the finish though...

I don't even know what to say about Wahu, I felt bad about using that blue shell but I played it and soon as it was dealt to me ;)

Future MKs could definitely use an item drop feature in all seriousness. I'd love if they'd let you trade any item for a boost for example. I can't tell you how many times I've had an item I didn't want (and blue shells seem so unfair in two or three man races) but you're forced to use them or not be able to pick up anything else :(

First time playing Mario Kart 7 with the community channels. Is there a community code I need to know or a place where I can join other gaffers to play?

Mik2121

So... I was just playing my first online game and it all went smooth until the last track... the Japanese name is 'Uufuu Island 2'. Dunno the name, but it's one of those tracks with 3 segments instead of 3 laps.

Anyway, I was playing and I was on 2nd position, quite far from the rest of the players except the 1st guy. Then I see the first guy jump on this side of the track but I didn't really care much. Then before I notice, I'm on 7th position... and I just can't see anybody else.
I take it there's a shortcut there? Or is it some sort of bug? Either way, it's messed up...

If I barely enjoyed this game online before, with crap like this I just won't even bother again. Hopefully there are no other tracks with this kind of bs going on, because my gf will be playing it and I wouldn't want her to get pissed off too because of this cheap stuff...

So... I was just playing my first online game and it all went smooth until the last track... the Japanese name is 'Uufuu Island 2'. Dunno the name, but it's one of those tracks with 3 segments instead of 3 laps.

Anyway, I was playing and I was on 2nd position, quite far from the rest of the players except the 1st guy. Then I see the first guy jump on this side of the track but I didn't really care much. Then before I notice, I'm on 7th position... and I just can't see anybody else.
I take it there's a shortcut there? Or is it some sort of bug? Either way, it's messed up...

If I barely enjoyed this game online before, with crap like this I just won't even bother again. Hopefully there are no other tracks with this kind of bs going on, because my gf will be playing it and I wouldn't want her to get pissed off too because of this cheap stuff...

It's a very well-known glitch; that technique has basically become standardized for that track in online play. You can learn it and do it with everyone else, or play the track normally and expect not to take first. It's not going to be patched, and it's not going to stop at this point. :-/

There's one other track - the other multi-section track on Wuhu Island - that has a much more limited glitch near the end that allows players to gain a few seconds on their opponents. Other than those two tracks, the others play normally.

Mik2121

It's a very well-known glitch; that technique has basically become standardized for that track in online play. You can learn it and do it with everyone else, or play the track normally and expect not to take first. It's not going to be patched, and it's not going to stop at this point. :-/

There's one other track - the other multi-section track on Wuhu Island - that has a much more limited glitch near the end that allows players to gain a few seconds on their opponents. Other than those two tracks, the others play normally.

Uhm.. I see. I think I might remember reading somewhere that there was a glitch in one level (this one I guess) and that Nintendo didn't want to fix it because it would be unfair to new players. Is that true? That's quite the weird reasoning...

Oh well, I'll try to remember this and also the other one. Otherwise the other 3 tracks were fine and it was fun. Though, and I know this happened on the Wii version too, there's one other thing I don't like. The fact that you are locked to the same 7 other people playing 4 tracks, which takes about 15 minutes or so (between waiting and the like), and by the end a bunch of them have left so you're there racing against 4 or 5 other guys. It reminds me of Halo multiplayer :(

Uhm.. I see. I think I might remember reading somewhere that there was a glitch in one level (this one I guess) and that Nintendo didn't want to fix it because it would be unfair to new players. Is that true? That's quite the weird reasoning...

Oh well, I'll try to remember this and also the other one. Otherwise the other 3 tracks were fine and it was fun. Though, and I know this happened on the Wii version too, there's one other thing I don't like. The fact that you are locked to the same 7 other people playing 4 tracks, which takes about 15 minutes or so (between waiting and the like), and by the end a bunch of them have left so you're there racing against 4 or 5 other guys. It reminds me of Halo multiplayer :(

Yeah it's true, and it's odd reasoning. I don't really know the technical aspects of the game enough to make an informed opinion, but you'd think they could do something. I guess not.

And playing the GP online can be fun under the right circumstances, like playing in a full room in the GAF community. The vast majority of the time, though, I've been playing in Worldwide, which like the Wii version is just a continuous series of races that you can drop out of at any time. You usually get a good mix of players over a long period that way, and you're never "locked in".

Pachimari

I have finally started playing my review copy of Mario Kart 7 and it's awesome.
I also just made myself a Mii (as I can't import my Wii one) and found my friend code.

So please add me gaffers:

4253 - 3519 - 2223

:)

Edit: Prinny, I added you. I'll add more gaffers now.

Bullza2o

I added Prinny and Anastacio. Please add me back! 5412-9913-4988
I can't play MK7 today, but I will see you guys sometime soon!

I'd really like to hear from the mentality that starts a room with very few people in it. I would think it'd be more fun to race with more people.

They must also realize many people drop or are dropped during the races and so more is better as a buffer at the least.

Prinny

Lobby with 2 players (GAF 150cc all items)! [8:38 PM EST]

I miss the days when we were 6-8 per game... I hate you community forum!

Anteo

Well that was fun!!
For me..
I think I should try a different car next time.

Edit : Well 1 out of 4. Progress!! :lol

Anteo

:) You waited until the very end to get first in Rock Rock, that was evil!

Edit: Open lobby with two players!

I was lucky xD I got 3 mushrom in the item box just before the glide jump.

For some reason I feel my kart is sliding way too much.. but I cant blame the kart for all the bananas I've been driving into.

Edit : Lobby with 3 players (GAF 150cc all items)!

Playing Worldwide, can anyone finish a race? Every race I get communication errors at some point during the race. It's pretty frustrating for an otherwise decent online experience. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Pachimari

Seriously, how can I get a boost at the start of a race?
I did it two times on my first tries, now I can't do it.

Isn't it about pressing the accelerating button just before the lights turn green (the GO)?

Gintoki

Seriously, how can I get a boost at the start of a race?
I did it two times on my first tries, now I can't do it.

Isn't it about pressing the accelerating button just before the lights turn green (the GO)?

Start accelerating when the count is at 2 and is about to fade in to 1.

Pachimari

Thanks Gintoki,
I'll probably know how to do it right away.

Anyone up for some races/battles later?
I got to test out the online part for my review, and it would most awesome to have actual respectful players to battle it out with first and foremost.

Pachimari

Any gaffers up for some races on the 'NeoGAF 150cc All Items' community group?
I just added myself to the group, but I haven't tried playing online yet.

Edit:
Crap, didn't know I were double-posting, sorry. :(

Top Bottom