• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Innocence R coming Stateside?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
User sora_hold from GameFAQs found an interesting piece of DLC on the US PS Store. A costume for Ruca, a character from Tales of Innocence R, can be seen in the Store. Currently the game is out only in Japan and there has been no plans to release it stateside. Could this be a possible confirmation or is this just a mix up?

Source: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=859

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember in an interview with Siliconera that Namco said they would have tried to find a way to bring ToI outside of Japan. And since R's announcement, I thought it was the way Namco was talking about.

Rarutos

I hope it does come out, it'd actually be pretty smart for Namdai to release Innocence early on in the Vita's life. :eek:

Heck, I might even buy a Vita if it gets localized! I do want one, but I'm waiting for a game that I actually really want first.

kayos90

Ugh, despite me hating remakes, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes over if Graces does well.

B.K.

I wonder if the Vita version is better than the original version. The original version of the game is horrible. I gave up on the game after about five hours.

Takao

Banned
Usually I'm a big supporter of "Screw you third parties, advertise yourself!" but given Graces F maybe SCEA should chip in a little? Do some preview events or something.

Seda

Isn't Tales of Innocence supposedly the worst one? Is the remake any better than the original?

EDIT: I clearly got it mixed up with Tempest. Thanks, GAF.

Nairume

Banned
Isn't Tales of Innocence supposedly the worst one? Is the remake any better than the original?
It's not bad. Just insanely boring.

The DS version also had some nasty balance issues that the Vita version may or may not have fixed.

duckroll

Ugh, despite me hating remakes, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes over if Graces does well.

The Tales producer in Japan has said that one game in the series doing well or doing poorly doesn't have an impact on any other games being released overseas. They judge the suitability and fan interest for each game individually.

Aeana

Worst Tales? Certainly not. Tempest and Legendia, at the very least, are considered much worse.

I don't like Innocence, though. The remake fixes some things I didn't like about the original, but I'm not going to spend money to buy the Japanese version to find out.

kayos90

The Tales producer in Japan has said that one game in the series doing well or doing poorly doesn't have an impact on any other games being released overseas. They judge the suitability and fan interest for each game individually.

Oh, didn't know that. Hm... I wonder if this is really coming over or if this is a mistake...

Toki767

Tales of Innocence R has a new battle system and gameplay system I believe. So the only thing that stayed the same is probably the story.

Takao

Banned
So I finally have proof that people don't love this game? Where were you when Duckroll said I was talking out of my ass!

The one made by Dimps (Tales of Tempest) is the worst Tales game. It's so bad it was dropped out of the main series.

It'll be sensible to release this in NA early in the Vita's lifecycle to bank on the small amount of rpgs on the vita.

But, then again, this is Namco. That'll be too sensible for them to do so.

kayos90

It'll be sensible to release this in NA early in the Vita's lifecycle to bank on the small amount of rpgs on the vita.

But, then again, this is Namco. That'll be too sensible for them to do so.

It doesn't matter if it comes out. If NB isn't willing to advertise/market it then it's going to bomb.

Worst Tales? Certainly not. Tempest and Legendia, at the very least, are considered much worse.

I don't like Innocence, though. The remake fixes some things I didn't like about the original, but I'm not going to spend money to buy the Japanese version to find out.

Legendia was way better than Innocence DS. I have my gripes with it's pacing and area re-use, but the total package was at least solid. Innocence may have had a more interesting premise and maybe overall story (I couldn't finish it), but it also had a ton of shoddy gimmicks that were slapped together half assed like the dungeons and coin collecting. I'm willing to give the remake a chance if it comes out here.

duckroll

It doesn't matter if it comes out. If NB isn't willing to advertise/market it then it's going to bomb.

I think it really depends on what the definition of "bomb" is. Do you really think that strong marketing is required to sell 80-100k in the US?

Takao

Banned
And/Or they'll release it within a week of Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts Vita and wonder why it doesn't sell.

Those things would have to exist first.

They'll obviously launch it on the same day as P4: The Golden so niche RPG fans can duke it out.

kayos90

I think it really depends on what the definition of "bomb" is. Do you really think that strong marketing is required to sell 80-100k in the US?

Yeah, I was exaggerating. Sorry, whenever I say that I mean it's not going to sell as much as it could. Though the fact a game with a lot of value/content is lacking on the Vita, people might by Innocence.

duckroll

Yeah, I was exaggerating. Sorry, whenever I say that I mean it's not going to sell as much as it could. Though the fact a game with a lot of value/content is lacking on the Vita, people might by Innocence.

I agree that big publishers tend to do a disservice to niche products because they're less important and they really give it as much attention as they could for them to sell to their full potential. But since Namco Bandai has made it clear that they don't intend to let anyone else get a shot at Tales if they don't do it themselves, I guess they're happy with the place Tales has in the market and isn't really looking to expand it much internationally.

kayos90

I agree that big publishers tend to do a disservice to niche products because they're less important and they really give it as much attention as they could for them to sell to their full potential. But since Namco Bandai has made it clear that they don't intend to let anyone else get a shot at Tales if they don't do it themselves, I guess they're happy with the place Tales has in the market and isn't really looking to expand it much internationally.

Yeah. It really sucks because the battle systems in Tales are so great but it doesn't get the chance it deserves. I guess visual fidelity factors into there somewhere.

Seda

Personal anecdote, but I have several friends who aren't big gamers, but they love Tales of Symphonia. However aren't even aware of Tales of Graces, and only know about Tales of Vesperia because I told them about it.

This is why it doesn't make sense for this to be true. I haven't seen much fan interest in this game. Most of the fan interest is in Xillia and the PS3 version of Vesperia (as far as unannounced games go). There's been so much negativity toward Innocence that it seems like many people are just completely turned off by it. I'm sure some people would still by it, but I can't see how it's a big priority if fan interest is one of their key factor in determining which game to bring over.

kayos90

This is why it doesn't make sense for this to be true. I haven't seen much fan interest in this game. Most of the fan interest is in Xillia and the PS3 version of Vesperia (as far as unannounced games go). There's been so much negativity toward Innocence that it seems like many people are just completely turned off by it. I'm sure some people would still by it, but I can't see how it's a big priority if fan interest is one of their key factor in determining which game to bring over.

You must've missed pre-Xillia. People wanted Graces really bad. At least judging from what I saw. After Xillia people want that. Tales fans are.... fickle, I guess...

redlemon

I thought Innocence was okay. I stopped playing though because I saved over 7 hours of progress by accident so I don't know if I'd be bothered playing through the whole game again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How's the Vita version compared to the original NDS version? The NDS version bored me to tears after 7-10 hours due to the dungeon design.

Rpgmonkey

You must've missed pre-Xillia. People wanted Graces really bad. At least judging from what I saw. After Xillia people want that. Tales fans are.... fickle, I guess...

Yeah, but most of the constant begging and fickleness is with the console games. I'm sure the cycle will continue when the next console Tales game(s) is/are announced for Japan within the upcoming few weeks or months.

When it concerns the handheld Tales games there's a more noticeable and consistent level of disinterest or lack of awareness that they even exist.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't really know why people are concerned about Xillia, if they're bringing a Wii port over, I think they'll certainly bring the real PS3 one over (not that the difference really shows).

Top Bottom