• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom : Biohazard UC 1 million shipped

king zell

Capcom is pleased to announce that "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles", which was released in November 2007 for the Wii® has shipped over 1 million units worldwide.

The Resident Evil series, which has sold over 34.5 million units globally (as of February 29, 2008), is one of Capcom's most critically acclaimed and beloved franchises. As a testament to Resident Evil's longevity and success, the series remains as innovative and original today as when the first title shipped in 1996.

"Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles" is a gun shooting game which features a variety of characters from past Resident Evil titles, and fleshes out key storyline elements of the series. This title takes advantage of the Wii's unique remote control-styled controller, the "Wii Remote" and "Nunchuk", and when these two components are combined with the special Wii controller, the "Wii Zapper", it turns into an even more engrossing and exciting experience.

The Resident Evil series is not limited to the realm of gaming though, as evidenced by its popularity with many non-gaming fans around the world. Autumn in 2007 saw the continued success of the series on the big screens when the Hollywood blockbuster "Resident Evil-Extinction" opened in theaters worldwide and went on to generate 16 billion yen ($147 million US dollars, $1 US = \108) in revenues. And now, in cooperation with Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd., Capcom is currently in the middle of producing a full-length CG movie, "Resident Evil:Degeneration".

As always, we at Capcom will continue to strive to develop new and original games that appeal to a broad audience around the world while expanding our properties for single content multiple usage. We believe that by bringing this to multiple platforms, it will help the franchise reach an even greater number of users eager for its unique game play.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e080304.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213969_1124.html

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Well it was a fantastic game, even if it was an on-rails shooter

I actually WANT a sequel to this >.>

takotchi

king zell said:
point that it was able to enjoy a real cancer shooting by installing the Wii remote control and nunchakus in peripherals "Wii zapper" was popular, too.

Oh, crazy machine translations! :lol

(for those that don't know, 'gan' means cancer in Japanese, but it's also "gun")

RBH

'Biohazard umbrella Croniclz' that defeats zombi who attacks it by making good use of Wii remote control and nunchakus while tracing story of current seriesThe point that it was able to enjoy a real cancer shooting by installing the Wii remote control and nunchakus in peripherals "Wii zapper" was popular, too.
wat

{Mike}

Banned
king zell said:
'Biohazard' series of Capcom that records 34.5 million total shipment numbers or more. It was clarified that soft 'Biohazard umbrella Croniclz' for Wii put on the market as the latest work had exceeded one million all parts of the world total shipment numbers (at the time of, February 29, 2008). Europe is November 30 November 13 November 15, 2007 Japan 2007, North America 2007, at release dates of various places.

'Biohazard umbrella Croniclz' that defeats zombi who attacks it by making good use of Wii remote control and nunchakus while tracing story of current seriesThe point that it was able to enjoy a real cancer shooting by installing the Wii remote control and nunchakus in peripherals "Wii zapper" was popular, too.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213969_1124.html

:lol :lol :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
-COOLIO- said:
id perfer an RE4 style game muuuuuuuuuuuch more and i barely enjoyed UC

Did you use the Zapper? it makes the game go from 'alright' to OH..MAY..FREAKING..SWEET

plus then you totally outscore anyone not using the Zapper

regardless, I am not a fan of RE-main series but really want a UC2

Lobster

Banned
Capcom's "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles" Breaks 1 Million!
- Following the Breakaway Success of "Resident Evil 4 Wii edition" -

Capcom is pleased to announce that "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles", which was released in November 2007 for the Wii® has shipped over 1 million units worldwide.

The Resident Evil series, which has sold over 34.5 million units globally (as of February 29, 2008), is one of Capcom's most critically acclaimed and beloved franchises. As a testament to Resident Evil's longevity and success, the series remains as innovative and original today as when the first title shipped in 1996.

"Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles" is a gun shooting game which features a variety of characters from past Resident Evil titles, and fleshes out key storyline elements of the series. This title takes advantage of the Wii's unique remote control-styled controller, the "Wii Remote" and "Nunchuk", and when these two components are combined with the special Wii controller, the "Wii Zapper", it turns into an even more engrossing and exciting experience.

The Resident Evil series is not limited to the realm of gaming though, as evidenced by its popularity with many non-gaming fans around the world. Autumn in 2007 saw the continued success of the series on the big screens when the Hollywood blockbuster "Resident Evil-Extinction" opened in theaters worldwide and went on to generate 16 billion yen ($147 million US dollars, $1 US = \108) in revenues. And now, in cooperation with Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd., Capcom is currently in the middle of producing a full-length CG movie, "Resident Evil:Degeneration".

As always, we at Capcom will continue to strive to develop new and original games that appeal to a broad audience around the world while expanding our properties for single content multiple usage. We believe that by bringing this to multiple platforms, it will help the franchise reach an even greater number of users eager for its unique game play.

.http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e080304.html

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
lsslave said:
Did you use the Zapper? it makes the game go from 'alright' to OH..MAY..FREAKING..SWEET

plus then you totally outscore anyone not using the Zapper

regardless, I am not a fan of RE-main series but really want a UC2
nope didnt use the zapper :\

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Tenbatsu said:
UC is a very fun rail shooter with alot of depth. Good for Capcom.

Probably the best on-rails game I have played in a LONG time!

And more replay than Ghost Squad >.> lol

Capcom said:
As always, we at Capcom will continue to strive to develop new and original games that appeal to a broad audience around the world while expanding our properties for single content multiple usage.
When taking biohazard 0 for Wii into consideration, that's at least three contradictions.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lsslave said:
Probably the best on-rails game I have played in a LONG time!

And more replay than Ghost Squad >.> lol
Really? I bought this game, played it 2 player for about 2 hours, said "meh" and went back to playing Ghost Squad.

Tenbatsu

Rentahamster said:
Really? I bought this game, played it 2 player for about 2 hours, said "meh" and went back to playing Ghost Squad.

Did you go for the critical shot or you just anyhow shoot everything in sight?

Dragmire

I told my friend not to buy the Zapper or Umbrella Chronicles at first, but he did and we've had a blast with it in co-op. I actually like the Zapper a lot, too. Both the Zapper and RE:UC surprised me.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Rentahamster said:

Yeah, have had friends who prefer Ghost Squad, I didn't like the arcade style of gameplay though, then again the only games I have ever really liked in an arcade were Dance Dance Revolution and Initial D... I am more of the console style gamer

cvxfreak

13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg

13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg

13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg

13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg
13zqvee.jpg

lsslave said:

Very true. The Zapper's nature stablizing feature (having your left hand at the rear acting as a weight to keep your gun/Wiimote stable, as your right hand does the main aiming) is pretty much a necessity in this game, IMHO. Not only because the Zapper's Tommy Gun design is perfect for most Wii shooters that don't have 1:1 light gun recognition, but also because of how 'slippery' (for lack of a better term) the aiming is in RE: UC...having that extra stability is a must.

As I said in the other thread, I'm glad this game has done well. It's not great, but it's a lot of fun...one I plan on keeping in my Wii collection for the long haul.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Tenbatsu said:
Did you go for the critical shot or you just anyhow shoot everything in sight?
We were trying for the critical shot, but it was mostly a bullet spam fest. It was really hard trying to see when the reticle would change color to indicate a critical shot, and it only seemed to work on zombies.

I dunno. I'm definitely going to give it a second chance, but the first impression left me wanting.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Toy Soldier said:
Very true. The Zapper's nature stablizing feature (having your left hand at the rear acting as a weight to keep your gun/Wiimote stable, as your right hand does the main aiming) is pretty much a necessity in this game, IMHO. Not only because the Zapper's Tommy Gun design is perfect for most Wii shooters that don't have 1:1 light gun recognition, but also because of how 'slippery' (for lack of a better term) the aiming is in RE: UC...having that extra stability is a must.

As I said in the other thread, I'm glad this game has done well. It's not great, but it's a lot of fun...one I plan on keeping in my Wii collection for the long haul.

And whats funniest is that people who dont give the Zapper a chance bash the Tommy-Gun style but once you use it you see JUST how great it is ^-^

Maybe not for all games, but for on-rails shooters it is fantastic :D

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Toy Soldier said:

Hmmm, maybe we should try again and use the zapper next time.

Innotech

Banned
lsslave said:
And whats funniest is that people who dont give the Zapper a chance bash the Tommy-Gun style but once you use it you see JUST how great it is ^-^

Maybe not for all games, but for on-rails shooters it is fantastic :D
I think it works great for the game it came with. Definitely got my dad interested in playing for sure. My brother played Links Crossbow training all night the day he got his Wii last week.

VerTiGo

Banned
I really enjoyed this game. Easily the most play time I've ever gotten out of an on-rails shooter. It's difficulty is threatening and challenging, co-op is great, and all the Resident Evil goodies are the icing on the cake.

Christine

I want the game but I don't want to pay $50 for it. Damn, did the American price for RE4:Wii Edition ever spoil me. I know it was a port but it makes Okami feel full price and RE:UC even moreso, if that makes sense. Sorry Capcom, I'll probably buy new but I'll be waiting for dealzzzz.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
VerTiGo said:
I really enjoyed this game. Easily the most play time I've ever gotten out of an on-rails shooter. It's difficulty is threatening and challenging, co-op is great, and all the Resident Evil goodies are the icing on the cake.

Threatening? On harder difficulties playing solo is nearly impossible unless you can find that wonderful little item hidden in most (every?) level XD

Christopher

TwinIonEngines said:
I want the game but I don't want to pay $50 for it. Damn, did the American price for RE4:Wii Edition ever spoil me. I know it was a port but it makes Okami feel full price and RE:UC even moreso, if that makes sense. Sorry Capcom, I'll probably buy new but I'll be waiting for dealzzzz.

it was 35 bucks on amazon quite a few times I even posted about it.

It was a pretty meh game alround to be honest.

TwinIonEngines said:

Ahh, you missed a great one late last year. Amazon sold it for at least a couple of weeks straight at around $30 or so (free shipping, no tax - for most people...and I see Christopher corrected me, it was $35). That's when I picked it up, I was wavering a bit on paying $50, as you are now.

But being a $50 title, I can't imagine this not getting a price dip pretty soon; being a popular game that I figure has had a natural sales slide. Keep your eyes peeled, it'll come.

Teknoman

Eh, Ghost Squad would've been SO much better if it retained it's 60fps gameplay. Rail shooters at 30fps just seem off these days (unless they've got tons of detail like UC).

Toy Soldier said:

Ummmm Wat? That's NOT how you're suppose to hold the Zapper for this game. For this game you're suppose to NOT have the nunchuck connected to the zapper, and you're suppose to hold the zapper with just one hand and the nunchuck in the other. For this configuration to work you have to make sure to change the control options to ZAPPER MODE in the menu. You reload by shaking the nunchuck, and also swing the knife with the nunchuck. Icons that appear as A will appear as Z if you're in Zapper mode. This mode is best because you can reload without moving your aim reticule.

With your method of playing with the zapper to slash with your knife you'd have to move the enitre zapper up and down; reloading is similar.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Mockingbird said:
Ummmm Wat? That's NOT how you're suppose to hold the Zapper for this game. For this game you're suppose to NOT have the nunchuck connected to the zapper, and you're suppose to hold the zapper with just one hand and the nunchuck in the other. For this configuration to work you have to make sure to change the control options to ZAPPER MODE in the menu. You reload by shaking the nunchuck, and also swing the knife with the nunchuck. Icons that appear as A will appear as Z if you're in Zapper mode. This mode is best because you can reload without moving your aim reticule.

With your method of playing with the zapper to slash with your knife you'd have to move the enitre zapper up and down; reloading is similar.

Yet oddly enough holding the Zapper in Tommy-Gun mode works wonderfully, your accuracy is so good that you can kill the 'knife' enemies with a pistol before they even hit you... just saying >.>

Top Bottom