• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Sales Age) February NPD Expectations - Another historic month (NeoGAF, TSE, Pachter)

My Feb NPD prediction was closer to Pachter's than TSE or NeoGAF average.

TSE's 450k for the Wii would be a nice rebound from the anemic Jan sales.

Tabris

I think I should get my own category outside NeoGAF as I don't agree with NeoGAF's predictions.

All these predictions have PS3 being outsold by the Wii when the PS3 is going to be selling a lot better than people are expecting. 2008 is the year the PS3 outsells the Wii for the year and I can guarantee no one else will be predicting it :p

Tabris said:
2008 is the year the PS3 outsells the Wii for the year and I can guarantee no one else will be predicting it :p

There's a few other people who have predicted it here. I think you guys are all out of your minds, though.

How can Pachter predict that the PS3 will beat the 360 in March but then it be reversed in April. Does he have access to anticipated shipments or something?

Shamrock

Banned
Baiano19 said:
If I recall last NPD, if Ps3 still beats 360 in HW in this NPD it will be epic...

Expect a lot of "it begins" posts.

So if "it begins" because the PS3 outsells the 360 by a few thousand units while MS is trying to clear out old stock. Then what happens when MS releases the new 360's with 65nm GPU's and CPU's with a price cut? Will there be a lot of "It has ended" posts?

mr_bishiuk said:
How can Pachter predict that the PS3 will beat the 360 in March but then it be reversed in April. Does he have access to anticipated shipments or something?

Come on Man. MS owns two manufacturing plants in China, It doesn't take 3+ months to replenish holiday supply. They obviously slowed resupplying stores because they want old stock cleared out to release the new units with redesigned motherboards (Jasper).

They learned there lesson with the Falcon Boards, once they started releasing Falcons no one wanted the older models.

Innotech

Banned
Ive completely lost track of all the fucking SKUs for both HD consoles. but I dont really care anymore. Once they pare it down to one I will buy in. Possibly.

Tmac

Shamrock said:
Come on Man. MS owns two manufacturing plants in China, It doesn't take 3+ months to replenish holiday supply. They obviously slowed resupplying stores because they want old stock cleared out to release the new units with redesigned motherboards (Jasper).

So they sold less consoles because they wanted to clear out faster? Hmmm, that makes sense. :lol

The Hermit

Shamrock said:
So if "it begins" because the PS3 outsells the 360 by a few thousand units while MS is trying to clear out old stock. Then what happens when MS releases the new 360's with 65nm GPU's and CPU's with a price cut? Will there be a lot of "It has ended" posts?

You bet! :D

Btw, never change Tabris.

beef3483

Innotech said:
Ive completely lost track of all the fucking SKUs for both HD consoles. but I dont really care anymore. Once they pare it down to one I will buy in. Possibly.

Same here. I hope they do away with them next-gen and just make each system more easily modifiable.

The HW Numbers are off the chart. TSE will probably be the happiest, but some of the numbers are beyond... Our numbers are going to suck soooo bad. :lol

sonycowboy said:
The HW Numbers are off the chart. TSE will probably be the happiest, but some of the numbers are beyond... Our numbers are going to suck soooo bad. :lol

GAF will melt down. This place is so crazy with it's number worship.

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
Oh wow. Up accross the board?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy said:

I'm betting Wii hardware was significantly higher than most estimated.

Davidion

sonycowboy said:

I can smell the meltdowns from here. Who's TSE?

Davidion

Ahhh, cool, thanks.

Edit: just looked up their numbers, so that means...high wii and DS, followed by relatively static 360 and PS3 numbers, with PSP scoring high? Interesting.

GhaleonEB

Talamius said:
Wii >>>>>>>> PS3 >>> 360?

Hmmmm....
That'd be my guess in light of SC's hint and Microsoft's preemptive damage control.

Threi said:
Um guys...this is 2008.

You all know what that means ;)
As I said last month, the year of the PS3 beings in January. :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thought Lost Odyssey would do better... sigh. Let's hope that TSE's predictions are more accurate than NeoGAF's :p

donny2112

DS had a new color and a replenishment from January shortages. I predicted 460K based on that, but most predicted much lower. I don't think they took into account the new color and the fact January was a shortage month.

For Wii, I just guessed that they went back to their ~100K per week that we were seeing before November. They might've gone higher, though.

If 360 is signficantly up with all the Microsoft shortage talk, I'll be very surprised. Maybe PS3 was > 300K? That'd be amazing, in my opinion, if so.

KZObsessed

sonycowboy said:

I wonder if that was intentional? :lol Probably not...

duk

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Oh shit. Now you've done it. You've just called in the hounds on why tie ratio doesn't scale linearly (blah, blah, blah). I think I've seen enough of the back and forth on that over the past month to last 2 lifetimes.

yeah.... im tired of that too...

h/w installed base =! linear mapping to s/w sales

djtiesto said:
Thought Lost Odyssey would do better... sigh. Let's hope that TSE's predictions are more accurate than NeoGAF's :p

wait you saw the LO numbers already? if so then damn i was hoping it would do good.

Agent Icebeezy said:
The Play Beyond slogan

Nope. Sorry, I wasn't thinking about that. I just mean that 2 skus are so far above (and beyond) predictions, it's going to be fun to see the reactions.

Now I'm really gone. I've closed my laptop and hit the door.

f@luS

More than a member.
sonycowboy said:

TSE 360> PS3! Confirmed

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm way more interested in software this month. Very curious to see how a few titles performed.

Top Bottom