• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lazy Hockey players lead to 'Controller Disconnected' meme

I'm not sure if this should be in gaming, OT, or the NHL thread .. . any way. . .

Sidney Crosby being lazy . .
The view from the corner camera was rather incriminating re: Crosby’s effort on the play. Which led to one of the Internet’s burgeoning memes being applied to Sid – the Xbox controller disconnected meme. This one’s by the great Ann Frazier:
4fe535c0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_crosby-controller-disconnected.gif

Ovechkin being lazy:
bf095bc0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_fc8f6fcb523463de5b60ad3e618a8212.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...e-disconnected-xbox-controller-180131158.html

Scrawnton

Funny because these 2 players are considered the star players in the league/.

Don't belittle Crosby like that. Ovechkin was good for one season and useless ever since. Crosby is consistently amazing every season when looking at stats.

bigkrev

That Ovi one is just brutal- If he gave 1/10000000th of a shit, he could probably have disrupted that shot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So did he get interviewed about wtf happened there?

B3N1

It'd be funny to see some more of these.

It took me some time to figure, that the red thingy presents P1. The T-shirt doesn't help this either. :/

bigkrev

Don't belittle Crosby like that. Ovechkin was good for one season and useless ever since. Crosby is consistently amazing every season when looking at stats.

As a Flyers fan, somehow, I think I hate Ovi more than Crosby, and your fucking crazy. Its hard to compare them because Crosby is hurt all the time!

The Flash

Banned
I have zero interest in sports but that's just pathetic. Always give your best even if you know you're going to lose. That guy needs to sit down and watch Miracle.

Tabris

Ovechkin was the most dynamic exciting player in the league bar none from when he came into the league to 2010. Then Bruce Boudreau changed the team's style in attempt for better playoff success and took him years to recover.

Tabris

I have zero interest in sports but that's just pathetic. Always give your best even if you know you're going to lose. That guy needs to sit down and watch Miracle.

Miracle is American propaganda. The best hockey ever was the Canadian vs USSR Summit Series. Game 8 is greatest game ever.

Sheroking

What?

Ovechkin had the best rookie season in modern history. Two seasons later he set the record for goals by a LW with a ridiculous 65. The next two years he had 110 and 109 points. Last year he won the Hart, this year he's going to score 60 again. Even his worst season saw him score 38 goals. I'm not sure there's ever been a time in his career you could legitimately claim he wasn't a top-10 NHL player, most often top-3 or top-5.

Crosby is better, but that's like saying Lemieux was better than Sakic. I don't think anyone in Colorado was unhappy with what they had.

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I LOVE CANADIAN BACON. ANYTIME I TAKE A BITE, I FEEL MORE CANADIAN, EH. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE MORE? NOT COMMUNISM, EH.

ANYHOW. WHAT'S THIS DOOHICKEY CONTROLLER THINGAMABOB ON SID'S HEAD, EH? YOU SAYIN' HE AIN'T PUTTIN' EFFORT IN HIS GAME? BOY, THAT JUST AIN'T RIGHT.

LET'S BREAK IT DOWN, EH:

4fe535c0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_crosby-controller-disconnected.gif

SID WAS EXPECTIN' MALKIN TO PLAY SOME DEFENCE, EH. IF THERE'S ONE THING SID IS GUILTY OF, FOLKS, IT'S TRUSTIN' A NO-GOOD RUSSIAN, EH. WATCH MALKIN PUT EFFORT INTO A FRUITLESS ENDEAVOR, EH. NOW WATCH AS SID IS OBSERVIN' HIM. THAT'S LEADERSHIP, FOLKS. YOU LOOK AT YOUR PLAYERS AN' YOU LET 'EM SPREAD THEIR WINGS, EH. MALKIN'S A RUSSIAN, SO HE AIN'T GOT WINGS TO SPREAD. GOTTA RELY ON US CANADIANS TO DO THE WORK, EH. LESSON LEARNED FOR SID, LET ME TELL YOU.

NOW, LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THAT GOOF OVECHKIN, EH:

bf095bc0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_fc8f6fcb523463de5b60ad3e618a8212.gif

LOOK AT THAT. NO EFFORT, EH. HE'S THE CAPTAIN AN' HE AIN'T PUTTIN' ANY EFFORT. THAT'S DISGUSTIN', LET ME TELL YOU FOLKS. ANOTHER MISTAKE IS NAMIN' HIM CAPTAIN, EH. RUSSIANS CAN'T BE CAPTAINS! THAT'S AGAINST THEIR COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, EH. READ IT UP - ACTUALLY, DON'T EVEN. THAT AIN'T RIGHT, EH. UNLIKE SID, OVECHKIN'S A NO-GOOD, LAZY, VISOR WEARIN' RUSSIAN.

LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW OVECHKIN WALK IN THE BATHROOM. BEIN' A REAL EMBARRASSMENT, HE LEFT THE DOOR OPEN. ANYHOW, HE GOT IN, SAT DOWN, AN' STARTED TEARIN' OFF PAGES FROM THE CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AN' FREEDOM, EH. HE WAS LAUGHIN' WHILE DOIN' IT, TOO, EH. THEN I SAW HIM GRAB THE CANADIAN FLAG AN' STARTED WIPIN' HIMSELF WITH IT. BOY, I WAS SO STEAMED, LET ME TELL YOU. SID WALKED IN THE BATHROOM, GOT IN A STALL, EH, LEFT THE DOOR OPEN ('CAUSE THAT'S WHAT GOOD CANADIAN KIDS DO, EH), AN' SAT THERE WRITIN' THE CHARTER ON TOILET PAPER ALL FROM MEMORY. HE STARTED SINGIN' THE NATIONAL ANTHEM WHILE FINISHIN' UP. OVECHKIN WAS SO EMBARRASSED, HE RAN OFF WITHOUT EVEN WASHIN' HIS HANDS AN' BACK TO MOTHER RUSSIA, EH. PROBABLY APOLOGIZIN' TO STALIN FOR EMBARRASSIN' HIMSELF, EH. I STARTED TEARIN' UP, I WAS SO PROUD, EH. YOU KNOW WHO SID REMINDED ME OF? BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

Futureman

Crosby one really doesn't sense for this meme. Sorry CREWWWWSBY haters.

he was out of that play unless he's Superman.

Sheroking

They only the reason why the NHL completely changed the rules two years in a row to cater to Crosby's skillset so he'd improve as the hyped next Gretzky.

I'm not sure how the minimial rule changes impact Crosby's game at all, since he already was the leagues dominant player.

They need more scoring from every team in general.

Futureman

They only the reason why the NHL completely changed the rules two years in a row to cater to Crosby's skillset so he'd improve as the hyped next Gretzky.

Fuck Crosby and fuck Gary Bettman.

yea it's not even hockey anymore. They should call it something else!

Top Bottom