• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online (BETA) JPN Sign Up

(Hope this hasn't been done before)

http://shhhoff.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=273217

Here is a run through on the detail, it gets a little confusing on step 6, but just post in here if you need help

Thanks to the awesome help from _dd_

_dd_ said:
Metal Gear Online (BETA) JPN Sign Up (kudos Shhhoff Of Gametrailers)

------------------------------ Let's Get a Code! ------------------------------

1. Copy/Paste this address into your favorite browser
Code:
https://id.konami.net/login.do
2. Click on the blue button in the top left corner. (Start)

3. Click on the bottom left button. (Age)

4. Click on the bottom left button on the next page. (Disclaimer)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------ Registration Form (1/2) ------------------------------

5. Type in your ID that you will use to login - Use something that's 8-32 characters in length. example: infamousyoyo

6. Scroll down to the first red star and type in your password - twice. It needs to be at least 9 characters long with two characters being numbers. example: password99

7. Scroll down to the next set of stars, this is the 'Secret Question' part. None of this should matter, just put "秘密の答え秘密の答え" in the second box and you'll be good to go.

8. Scroll down to the email section, and put your desired email in (Probably want this to be a legitimate email) - hard to mess this one up, repeat it. (like usual)

9. Underneath that, there is a set of four boxes. Konami is asking for your surname and whatnot, it doesn't matter, copy "メールアドレス" into all 4 boxes.

10. In the tiny dropdown box pick either option, it doesn't matter. (Probably Male/Female)

11. Click the button below the small dropbox to proceed to the next page.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------ Area Code Check ------------------------------

11.5 Type in 120 in the first box and 0013 in the second box and click the button below the 120 to continue. It'll check to make sure you entered a valid zip code or w/e and then click the tiny link on the left that appears.

------------------------------ Registration Form (2/2) ------------------------------

12. After it reloads the form back up again, scroll to the bottom and press the bottom left button.

13. Next page is showing you what all your information will be, press the bottom left button again.

14. Press the button on the bottom.

------------------------------ 'Hard' Stuff is Over ------------------------------

15. Check your email, click on the confirmation link.

16. Press the bottom left link.

17. Press the bottom left link again after the new page loads.

18. Copy/Paste this into your browser:
Code:
https://id.konami.net/mgo_beta
19. Login with your newly created Konami ID example: infamousyoyo / password99

20. Fill out random answers and press the bottom button.

21. The page will give you your beta code and also email it to you.

Edit the OP to include the guide if you want to Mecha_Infantry

^ Cool, his blogspot post was from March so I thought SOMEONE would have posted it! But here it is, especially for the people who can't get their hands on the disc i.e. Europeans

edit* Jet I will show you in a second

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I got my code, this is the first beta in my life i will ever be in, and for one of the awesomest games ever as well.

:D

We're gonna need a Japanese Playstation Network account, right? I'm assuming this code'll only be of use in the Japanese store.

vercity82

Signed up hope this goes live the same time as the new store and maybe a home public then i can play for a week til GTA IV :)

JPBrowncoat said:
We're gonna need a Japanese Playstation Network account, right? I'm assuming this code'll only be of use in the Japanese store.

Yea, but it is better than nothing for us (me) Europeans with no beta news :(. Also playing the JPN version might have more perks! Who knows?!

angelfly

vercity82 said:
Signed up hope this goes live the same time as the new store and maybe a home public then i can play for a week til GTA IV :)

It'll be downloadable on 4/14 and playable starting 4/21

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
After the beta starts you guys should record your sessions and and put it up on youtube for us unfortunate Europeans!

_dd_

Autofill forms could simplify this alot <_<

Thanks for the info. I got a code (But don't have a PS3 don't shoot me)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ughh I still cant get this to work and I tried yesterday.

Can someone copy and paste the text here that you need to put in the boxes?

My id and password are 9 characters long,have two numbers and no capitals.I have to be f-ing up on the stuff you have to paste.

*feels stupid*

Jurai

Banned
someone should repost the guide without random pictures thrown in that dont follow his instructions at all

_dd_

Metal Gear Online (BETA) JPN Sign Up (kudos Shhhoff of GameTrailers) (kudos Mecha_Infantry)

------------------------------ Let's Get a Code! ------------------------------

1. Copy/Paste this address into your favorite browser
Code:
https://id.konami.net/login.do
2. Click on the blue button in the top left corner. (Start)

3. Click on the bottom left button. (Age)

4. Click on the bottom left button on the next page. (Disclaimer)

------------------------------ Registration Form (1/2) ------------------------------

5. Type in your ID that you will use to login - Use something that's 8-32 characters in length. example: infamousyoyo

6. Scroll down to the first red star and type in your password - twice. It needs to be at least 9 characters long with two characters being numbers. example: password99

7. Scroll down to the next set of stars, this is the 'Secret Question' part. None of this should matter, just put "&#31192;&#23494;&#12398;&#31572;&#12360;&#31192;&#23494;&#12398;&#31572;&#12360;" in the second box and you'll be good to go.

8. Scroll down to the email section, and put your desired email in (Probably want this to be a legitimate email) - hard to mess this one up, repeat it. (like usual)

9. Underneath that, there is a set of four boxes. Konami is asking for your surname and whatnot, it doesn't matter, copy "&#12513;&#12540;&#12523;&#12450;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;" into all 4 boxes.

10. In the tiny dropdown box pick either option, it doesn't matter. (Probably Male/Female)

11. Click the button below the small dropbox to proceed to the next page.

------------------------------ Area Code Check ------------------------------

11.5 Type in 120 in the first box and 0013 in the second box and click the button below the 120 to continue. It'll check to make sure you entered a valid zip code or w/e and then click the tiny link on the left that appears.

------------------------------ Registration Form (2/2) ------------------------------

12. After it reloads the form back up again, scroll to the bottom and press the bottom left button.

13. Next page is showing you what all your information will be, press the bottom left button again.

14. Press the button on the bottom.

------------------------------ 'Hard' Stuff is Over ------------------------------

15. Check your email, click on the confirmation link.

16. Press the bottom left link.

17. Press the bottom left link again after the new page loads.

Code:

20. Fill out random answers and press the bottom button.

21. The page will give you your beta code and also email it to you.

Edit the OP to include the guide if you want to Mecha_Infantry

Got my code and used this to make a Japanese PSN account. I ordered MGS4 online so I doubt I'd get the US beta code so now I can at least try it this way. I know I won't be able to understand anything most likely but I just want to see how the game feels.
PetriP-TNT said:
It took a while until I got the KONAMI ID-part right, now just to wait the email... any idea how long it should take?
I got it right away but after you submit the code should also be displayed on the website for you. Edit: Oh you're not on the beta part yet...silly me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet that worked with ease,thanks for the easy instructions _dd_

RobertM

_dd_ said:
1. type in your ID that you will use to login Use something that's 8-32 characters in length. IE infamousyoyo

2. scroll down to the first red star and type in your password twice. It needs to be at least 9 characters long with two characters being numbers. IE password88

3. Scroll down to the next set of stars, this is the 'Secret Question' part. None of this should matter, just put "&#31192;&#23494;&#12398;&#31572;&#12360;&#31192;&#23494;&#12398;&#31572;&#12360;" in the second box and you'll be good to go.

4. Scroll down to the email section, and put your desired email in (Probably want this to be a legitimate email) - hard to mess this one up, repeat it x2

5. Underneath that, there is a set of four boxes. Konami is asking for you surname and whatnot, it doesn't matter, copy "&#12513;&#12540;&#12523;&#12450;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;" into all 4 boxes

6. In the tiny dropdown box pick either option, it doesn't matter. (Probably Male/Female)

7. Click the button below to proceed to the next page and type in 120 in the first box and 0013 in the second box and click the button below the 120 to continue, It'll check to make sure you entered a valid zip code or w/e and then click the link on the left that appears.

8. After it reload the form back up again, scroll to the bottom and press the bottom left button.

9. Next page is showing you what all your information will be, press the bottom left button again.

10. Press the button on the bottom.

11. Check your email, click on the confirmation link

12. Press the bottom left link, then, Press the bottom left link again after the page loads

13. Copy/Paste this into your browser:
Code:

14. Login with your newly created Konami ID

15. Fill out random answers and press the bottom button

16. The page will give you your beta code and also email it to you

-- Will edit and clean up in a sec

I never got the stuff from step 15

Goldrusher

_dd_ said:
8. After it reload the form back up again, scroll to the bottom and press the bottom left button.

I'm stuck here. For some reason, it keeps saying I haven't entered the zip code...but I did.

_dd_

Goldrusher said:
I'm stuck here. For some reason, it keeps saying I haven't entered the zip code...but I did.

I have no clue... I'd suggest just redoing everything or trying a different browser etc. (I used Firefox2)

RobertM said:
I never got the stuff from step 15

Code:

20. Fill out random answers and press the bottom button

21. The page will give you your beta code and also email it to you

Sandman7

Code obtained. As a European, I am slightly apprehensive about whether this will actually work and whether I will be able to understand it if it does.

The guide for playing the Japanese beta is going to be so much more confusing than the guide for getting the beta code.:lol

itxaka

Defeatist
I got mine thanks to FabCam!!

Also, the beta is out the 14, and the 15 is the new store with a possibility of region locked (was it confirmed or not?) so be prepared to download it as fast as you can as it the new store is locked by region you won´t be able to download it the 15 but will probably be able to log in from the game :)

FabCam

I sent this to a few people by PM, I think they all got codes. I think there's pretty much an unlimited supply.

Ephemeris

Got a code as well. Followed the guide _dd_ posted (I actually messed up the email address at first :lol Stupid .net)

Thanks guys

Arg! It won't let me register. It keeps asking me to input a Game ID password.
No matter what I put in, I even tried "password99", it won't go through!

lupinko

Hmm, what if you already have a Konami and Game ID? I made one last year, and since I'm at work (and no Japanese font support on these machines) I cannot use my own account (I forgot my password and since I just see garbage characters instead due to lack of Japanese font support I cannot recover my password since I can't see the question) nor can I reregister at this very moment.

Dave1988

Arghhh, I can't make heads or tails of the FAQ starting from the 6th step :/

Someone make a vid how to register!

JPBrowncoat said:
The guide for playing the Japanese beta is going to be so much more confusing than the guide for getting the beta code.:lol
Which in turn, will be less confusing than trying to communicate with your Japanese teammates.

Top Bottom