• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 bundle official

Doc Evils

Just checked Game, UK's largest retailer:

10roizq.jpg

16bhl5s.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Hardware/.../Sony-PlayStation-3-with-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/

This bundle will be delivered on Grand Theft Auto IV launch day - 29.04.08!

This bundle contains:

Sony PlayStation 3 Console - 40GB
Grand Theft Auto IV
PlayStation 3 40GB Console

PlayStation 3 is the industry's most advanced next-generation home console hardware, realised through the combination of Cell and RSX processors.

With the 40GB PlayStation 3's Giga-bit Ethernet and a pre-installed 40GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) as standard in PS3, PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to download a variety of contents as well as access on-line games and services over the Playstation Network.

Equipped with basic input/output ports, PlayStation 3 supports a broad range of displays from conventional NTSC/PAL standard TVs to the latest full HD (1080i/1080p) flat panel displays, offering PS3 owners the joy of the most advanced computer home entertainment content. For use in living rooms, maximum heat and noise reduction has been achieved with a noise level equivalent to that of the current slim-line PlayStation 2.

With the overwhelming computational power of the Cell processor, Playstation S3 is capable of playing back content from Blu-ray (BD) disc at a bit rate of multiplex 48Mbps with ease, the maximum bit rate defined in BD standards.

The new SIXAXIS controller for PlayStation 3 refines and improves the original popular PlayStation controller. The PlayStation 3 capable of delivering motion-sensing tilt control, plus delivering full freedom and control over the PlayStation 3''s wide range of games and services.

The PlayStation 3 40GB model does NOT feature:

Backwards Compatibility with PS2 Games
Memory Stick Card Readers
SACD Playback
Ethernet Cable
4 USB Ports, (The PS3 40GB model features 2)

Grand Theft Auto IV

What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Bellic, fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity.

As they slip into debt and are dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.

Same day as GTAIV launches.

Price?

£319.99

Finally offical PR from gofreak:

Grand Theft Auto® IV to be bundled with 40GB PLAYSTATION®3

April 23rd 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today confirmed the release of an official Grand Theft Auto IV bundle exclusively for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).The bundle, available on April 29, 2008, will consist of a PLAYSTATION®3 40GB model, a SIXAXIS™ wireless controller and a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise, all for just €439 (RRP).

“We are delighted to offer the millions of PS3 and GTA fans the ultimate gaming package,” said David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) is the eleventh, upcoming installment of the best-selling Grand Theft Auto video game franchise.

First poster ad thanks to Wax Free Vanilla:

15s9b8h.jpg

Sony PlayStation 3 Console - 40GB
Grand Theft Auto IV
PlayStation 3 40GB Console

Oh wow... You are getting two PS3 and GTA4 for the price of one? That'll bump up the NPD sales!

The PlayStation 3 40GB model does NOT feature:

Backwards Compatibility with PS2 Games
Memory Stick Card Readers
SACD Playback
Ethernet Cable
4 USB Ports, (The PS3 40GB model features 2)
Grand Theft Auto IV

WTF! Either you're getting GTA4 or you're not! Make up your mind stupid website!

Yes Yes. I know

Doc Evils

Psychotext said:
Price isn't great... you've been able to get a PS3 with two new games for under £300 easily for a while now.

I'm sure other retailers in time will offer better deals (shopto)

KZObsessed

Wow on launch day too?

It's strange how late they left to announce it. I guess they wanted to sell as many GT5:p bundles as they could first.

Loudninja

FFObsessed said:
Wow on launch day too?

It's strange how late they left to announce it. I guess they wanted to sell as many GT5:p bundles as they could first.

I think they will announced it a week before GTA 4 comes out.

Elios83

I told you! :D
Official announcement tomorrow? Seems the right time although they could wait an other week if they really want to ride on their GT5P bundles until they get rid of them.

Jim

Ok, yeah, it's definitely now going to be a launch day, official bundle now. Got confirmation (not that you need it at this point).

Big-E

Goldrusher said:
I don't get it. What does that have to do with 2 instead of 4 USB ports ?

Its a joke. Shane Kim was telling things you can do with the now discontinued HD-DVD drive and he mentioned how it adds two usb slots.

Big-E said:
Its a joke. Shane Kim was telling things you can do with the now discontinued HD-DVD drive and he mentioned how it adds two usb slots.
Okay I know this is a ridiculous argument to begin with but really it only adds one. It has two but then it takes up the one on the 360 so there's only a net gain of one extra slot.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Whilst its happening, clearly, Sony still hasn't announced it.

I wonder how/if they'll be promoting it.

FrankT

Bossman said:
Nah. The X360 bundle is a lot cheaper, so I think casual gamers want to buy that.

Agreed, at first I thought this would be a serious coup for Sony, but now with the pricing structure of the latest retail bundles/ads going for the 360 over their not so much now.

h3ro

Gary Whitta said:
Okay I know this is a ridiculous argument to begin with but really it only adds one. It has two but then it takes up the one on the 360 so there's only a net gain of one extra slot.

Shane has no time for your useless "logic"... :p

we should just be happy he knew that hd-dvd was dead...

Gary Whitta said:
:lol My stomach hurts...

Burai

shitonmychest57
Gary Whitta said:

The third slot comes in the spring update along with the fourth core, Blu-ray and waggle.

Majmun

WinFonda said:
I've searched google and all I get are PS3 + Europe returns, is there an official 360 bundle or are these guys talking about retailer deals?

Retailer deals. There's no official X360 + GTAIV bundle
...yet?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sony Europe wins!

*score shows up*

Top Bottom