• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Loaded this up after a long hiatus to try out Fukua. Saw that I don't own Squigly. Wasn't she supposed to be free with all preorders?

Ravidrath

Loaded this up after a long hiatus to try out Fukua. Saw that I don't own Squigly. Wasn't she supposed to be free with all preorders?

No, you had to manually download her during her free period, which is over now on Steam.

Uh, I'll see if I can get some codes to help you out, but I'm swamped and make no promises.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
No, you had to manually download her during her free period, which is over now on Steam.

Uh, I'll see if I can get some codes to help you out, but I'm swamped and make no promises.

Oh, I thought she would just be unlocked automatically. My mistake. Don't sweat it if you can't get a code. I was pretty garbage when I played with her in endless beta, anyways. Gotta stick with my main ladies Filia and Cerebella.

Hope to see Fukua stay in the game. I wasn't expecting her to be as much fun as she is, but I played through arcade mode and had a blast. Having a projectile gives her interesting options, and I love the way they work.

MikeZ updated Fukua in the beta:

Fukua

- Visual effect to differentiate her from Filia.
- Improve the animation of ground Love Dart and Blown Kiss; projectile makes dust when it hits the floor and disappears; less intense lighting on the projectile itself, more intense light on the characters around it; Palette #4's projectile is now the proper color.
- BFF! loses invincibility as soon as the twin can no longer hit; fix bug that left Fukua invisible when DHCing out of a certain part of the attack. Thanks Skullheart people!
- Lv5 explosion timed with taunt, easier to combo off of, consistent on everyone.
- Inevitable Snuggle startup now has voice and a visual effect so that you can react to it more easily. Scrubs. (Taking a cue from other fighting games, if you don't have frames, COVER IT UP WITH AN EFFECT! Nobody will notice.)
- 360 anti-jump detection is only active when she has 5 bars, for easier tigerknee'd fireballs. Thanks Severin!
- Improved and added voices/sounds for Lv5, Lv3, Blown Kiss, Platonic Drillationship, and j.HK.
- Stand and crouch LP are now called Double's custom assist names, instead of Filia's.

Woot woot!

What's the new visual effect?

She has green particles floating around her.

lys0lat.gif

Using the money earmarked for Robo Fortune to make EX versions of everybody would be interesting but might be getting out of hand.

They have no plans to do this.

Fukua serves as something of a, "test," for Robo Fortune, but does she also herald the coming of other Clone/Ex characters somewhere down the line?
MIKE Z: Fukua doesn't mean jack squat for any other EX characters. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

There were relevant jokes to be made, there was a holiday where such things are encouraged, there was a previous Skullgirls joke to capitalize on, there were old move ideas to begin with if they still worked, there were old unused animations to use as new things, and UI for her already existed. That, and if we're gonna do an April Fools joke it's gonna be whole hog, since everyone always says "Oh that should be a real thing!" So the idea of making a trailer where people would comment "I WOULD SO PLAY HER" and then having them really be able to do that...was irresistible. The perfect storm, minus three nights of sleep.

Is there anything else you wan to add?
MIKE Z: Consider her a very special bonus. Or don't. But don't hold out hope for anyone else not already announced, and don't bother us either way. :^)

Fukua Q&A

Beats

The visual updates on Fukua are great. Love Dart was bothering me the most before, but it looks a lot better now.

edit: Is that Marvelous logo new?

I tried out Fukua last night. I like her special moves and her supers. Especially the qcf lk+mk where the opposing character crumples then you can otg. That super is pretty useful when your doing a grab or command grab in middle screen.

I've been playing the glorious PC version of Skullgirls, but I recently got a PS3 again and I wanted to download Skullgirls Encore for it(I bought the Vanilla version already), I read that I should have received a voucher but I don't see any on my received messaged.

Who should I contact or ask to resolve this issue?

NEO0MJ

I've been playing the glorious PC version of Skullgirls, but I recently got a PS3 again and I wanted to download Skullgirls Encore for it(I bought the Vanilla version already), I read that I should have received a voucher but I don't see any on my received messaged.

Who should I contact or ask to resolve this issue?

I guess Ravi/Pete.

Grr, OK.

Uh, e-mail me at indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com and I'll send you a code once we get them from Sony.

New update in the beta:

General
- Parasoul's speech bubble for Egret Call and Peacock's whistle speed bubble for SoID are now white in all palettes.

Fukua
- All her voice lines are louder. Thanks Vinceley.
- Real startup frames for Inevitable Snuggle*, removed temp visual effect.
- BFFs is now QCB+KK / 214+KK.
- New special move Forever A Clone, QCB+K / 214+K. Projects a low, mid, or overhead shadow of Fukua forward. Special thanks to OMF2097 for the reasoning behind the decision that you can't hit the shadows. <3
- New super The Drill of my Dreams, QCT+KK / 236+KK.

This completes my original design for Fukua - the extra stuff that I didn't have time to do in 3 days.

* What? But Mike, I thought you said "no new art"!
Well.
Skullmageddon (aka Karoon) volunteered to help out with some Fukua fixes, so this was the test. I'd say he (I assume it's a he) did okay! :^)
NO, THIS DOES NOT MEAN SHE IS GETTING [change you want to ask for]. Don't ask

Geniuzz

I suppose X360 Encore is still in parts unknown? At this point it would be at least something to hear wether it has been rejected or approved. Any news would be welcomed.

The nice thing about MS - and this is pretty much the only one - is that once it does pass, it should be able to come out really quickly.
I feel like Warframe patches go through certification much faster than Skullgirls patches. Do you think they get priority as a PS4 title or something?

Ravidrath

I feel like Warframe patches go through certification much faster than Skullgirls patches. Do you think they get priority as a PS4 title or something?

This is Sony we're talking about, right?

Patching is a different system, and a much easier one for Sony.

The Skullgirls patches are already approved on PS3, but it's the store that's holding things up with their release.

I promise you I am like 900% angstier - this has been such a fucking ordeal getting these games back out.
I really admire the team's perseverance in the face of all the ill fortune you come across. Especially since the whole Skullgirls re-listing debacle seems to have left a huge number of your customers without the keys they were supposed to receive, which means a lot of manual labor on your end. I know I would have thrown several rage-induced fits if I were on your end.

Ravidrath

I really admire the team's perseverance in the face of all the ill fortune you come across. Especially since the whole Skullgirls re-listing debacle seems to have left a huge number of your customers without the keys they were supposed to receive, which means a lot of manual labor on your end. I know I would have thrown several rage-induced fits if I were on your end.

Fingers crossed, but all the relisting shit should be over pretty soon.

I say this, but there's always the chance that someone will throw more roadblocks in our way.

MS and SCEJ have been just... unbelievable.

Beats

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to make a new OT for Encore when Big Band plus the patch hits PS3/360/PC?

shaowebb

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to make a new OT for Encore when Big Band plus the patch hits PS3/360/PC?

Incorporate some webm of combos and gorgeous stuff in general and put a nice section on the roster being added so folks realize how big the cast is getting and 100% YES do it.

Card Boy

Banned

If only to get out of Community graveyard. Or you can update this threads OP and ask a mod to move you to Gaming if you want to retain the subscribers to this thread.

I dunno, I think a separate thread reminding people to download bigband and showing off its release will suffice. As significant an update BigBand is to the game if Gaming had a habit of moving every community thread over to Gaming after a character update then the place would be MOBA heaven. :p

Fingers crossed, but all the relisting shit should be over pretty soon.

I say this, but there's always the chance that someone will throw more roadblocks in our way.

MS and SCEJ have been just... unbelievable.

I wish all the luck in these submissions.

I think it's better to update the OP and ask a mod to put the thread back on gaming for a month.

Beats

I dunno, I think a separate thread reminding people to download bigband and showing off its release will suffice. As significant an update BigBand is to the game if Gaming had a habit of moving every community thread over to Gaming after a character update then the place would be MOBA heaven. :p

Well, I wasn't really planning on making a new one for every character update. But I was thinking of making it mainly because of the major differences between Encore and the last console version. Big Band's release just seems like a convenient time to do it. The game has a new title too! : p

If only to get out of Community graveyard. Or you can update this threads OP and ask a mod to move you to Gaming if you want to retain the subscribers to this thread.

I think it's better to update the OP and ask a mod to put the thread back on gaming for a month.

Hmm, yeah that seems like a good idea.

Astarte

Yeah you guys have been amazing in how you've been handling this; it's like luck itself shits on your lawn every morning.

I could work on a Big Band primer and combo video. I know a guy for some custom-made music too. :eek:

Geniuzz

The nice thing about MS - and this is pretty much the only one - is that once it does pass, it should be able to come out really quickly.

Can you tell us why they have been so difficult working with you guys? Or is this just a case of Murphy's Law? Here's keeping them fingers crossed that this will be over soon and you guys can take a little break.

Ravidrath

Can you tell us why they have been so difficult working with you guys? Or is this just a case of Murphy's Law? Here's keeping them fingers crossed that this will be over soon and you guys can take a little break.

I probably shouldn't get into this until it's out, because I have nothing nice to say about everyone other than SCEA.

Ravidrath

In case you didn't see it on FB or Twitter...

Big Band will be hitting PSN next Tuesday, April 22nd in the US!

Should be April 23rd for EU, but SCEE hasn't confirmed. But that's what it shows in their system.

Geniuzz

I probably shouldn't get into this until it's out, because I have nothing nice to say about everyone other than SCEA.

I understand. Good to hear Big Band is coming out on PSN next week, congrats on that at least. I just hope this will be behind you guys soon. I can't imagine the frustration and anger some of you guys must have felt dealing with all of this stuff so far. I appreciate you hanging in there and keeping us informed as much as you can. Thanks.

Top Bottom