• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Beta Official Thread -- NEOGAF DRAWS AGAINST KOJIPRO, video inside

IzumiK said:
You have no idea how many people just pass me and I just pop out and blow a hole through them with my shotty. Or on blood bath at point 5, I killed one guy four times by hiding at different points in a cardboard box. He gets killed the first time, I hide somewhere else. He heads to where I hid last time, and I sneak on him with my shotty. Goes on for two more times until we win.

What I love when you use the cardbox is when everyone become paranoid after you have fooled them :)

It's also fun when two teammates use the cardbox a the same place :lol

The magazines are also very effective on bloddbath with the capture the zone mode.
Setting traps is very rewarding.

snack said:
I have been playing for quite a bit now but I still haven't got my head around how CQC works. Can somone explain how it is done effectively and the different moves that can be done? I also don't understand how to use the knife that slashes out when I hit triangle while I have a weapon drawn. I can't seem to hurt anyone. I wish the training went more in-depth with the CQC.

Almost forgot, what is a SOP destab?
Quoted so it gets answered. It was the second to last post on the last page and I didn't want it to get buried.

Kyoufu

Ynos Yrros said:
You guys should see Castro in action. He straight up owns (even though he is kinda cheap :p).

He is definitely a monster. I'd love to see a video by him.

snack said:
Quoted so it gets answered. It was the second to last post on the last page and I didn't want it to get buried.

Do you remember the E3 2007 trailer for MGS4? You too can do that in Base mode. Purchase the SOP destab (primary weapon, final choice) for 5000 points and then go plant it in the enemy's base. It'll stun every enemy on the battlefield.

Kyoufu said:

Do you remember the E3 2007 trailer for MGS4? You too can do that in Base mode. Purchase the SOP destab (primary weapon, final choice) for 5000 points and then go plant it in the enemy's base. It'll stun every enemy on the battlefield.
Are you serious? That is the most badass powerup in any game ever! Are their any videos of it in action in MGO?

carlos

nice video smik; I can't believe the amount of noobs out there; you were mowing them down with little resistance even when they could've gotten the first shot X)
did most of these "beta testers" even play the original MGO? lol

And seriously guys, does anyone else out there think that this "Beta" will amount to nothing? I mean, once it's over, there's barely a month until the game is supposed to be on the shelves. Hardly the neccesary amount of time to make the changes that many of you are suggesting. Aside from perhaps FPS bump/stability, I'm sure this is pretty much the final product.

Oh and I finally got rid of my rage from being blocked out of the beta....just think...little over a month to go....relax..relax....
But if somehow the beta stats aren't wiped once this is over and I'm forced to play on day one against you guys and your mastered skills, I'll be pissed ;)

Kyoufu said:
Last time he as running near our spawn point and got like 10 kills, at least 3 of those on me. I could probably take him out with a gun, but at that point I HAD to knife him.

snack said:
Are you serious? That is the most badass powerup in any game ever! Are their any videos of it in action in MGO?

No videos (yet). Its a great powerup, but it requires the effort of going to enemy's base undetected since it becomes your primary weapon. Very effective when on the verge of losing the game: plant it and turn the tables.

Kyoufu

carlos said:
And seriously guys, does anyone else out there think that this "Beta" will amount to nothing? I mean, once it's over, there's barely a month until the game is supposed to be on the shelves. Hardly the neccesary amount of time to make the changes that many of you are suggesting. Aside from perhaps FPS bump/stability, I'm sure this is pretty much the final product.

I've reached the point where I've fallen in love with the game the way it is, I don't really care too much if they end up not changing the gameplay. Its so fucking unique and awesome.

My question is, who developed MGO? Isn't it outsourced? I ask because its the most refreshing shooter I've played since...well...ever. Bravo Konami, Bravo.

Ynos Yrros said:
Last time he as running near our spawn point and got like 10 kills, at least 3 of those on me. I could probably take him out with a gun, but at that point I HAD to knife him.

I can kill him with a shield but with anything else, I'm sooo fucked lol.

Kyoufu said:
I've reached the point where I've fallen in love with the game the way it is, I don't really care too much if they end up not changing the gameplay. Its so fucking unique and awesome.

My question is, who developed MGO? Isn't it outsourced? I ask because its the most refreshing shooter I've played since...well...ever. Bravo Konami, Bravo.

QFMFT! I complained about a few things but now they have grown on me.
Oh and i don't think anyone outside Kojima Pro made MGO.

i think the CQC is fine. knife is not overpowered at all -- it should DOMINATE at close ranges or there wouldn't be a point to using it.

-_- play against me (which u did but not as opponent) and i'll show u knife's power! :p

IzumiK

Banned
Hurray for autoaim.

mgostats.jpg

smik

carlos said:
nice video smik; I can't believe the amount of noobs out there; you were mowing them down with little resistance even when they could've gotten the first shot X)
did most of these "beta testers" even play the original MGO? lol

Oh and I finally got rid of my rage from being blocked out of the beta....just think...little over a month to go....relax..relax....
But if somehow the beta stats aren't wiped once this is over and I'm forced to play on day one against you guys and your mastered skills, I'll be pissed ;)

thanks carlos,

i was thinking the same with this beta, i dont think this will change any of the main gameplay as i think this was done purely to check the usage and trafficing.

in saying that MGO is very unique, its proudly stands on its own feet and there is nothing out there that can compares to its versitlity.

dfyb

Banned
shagg_187 said:
-_- play against me (which u did but not as opponent) and i'll show u knife's power! :p
someone named Drew was really good with the knife and i use it quite often myself. i think insta-stun and quick kills are perfectly balanced -- considering you have to be up close.

otherwise, nobody would use the knife and when people would get close, they'd just run around trying to shoot eachother from 1ft away and it would be retarded. MGO offers a close range solution that most games don't have, and it's able to be a solution because it's so powerful.

if you see someone with a knife, keep your distance -- if you let them get close enough, you deserve to die.

Kyoufu

MGO is back up. *equips his sword and shield*

OMG! Konami does it again. I just went to create server and it had saved what I made earlier today. WOW!

Konami :bow

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kyoufu said:

I can kill him with a shield but with anything else, I'm sooo fucked lol.
welcome to my world (in respect to mgo1 i havnt played 2 yet : \)

Kyoufu

Ken Masters said:
what is snake mode?

link to this news?

Snake mode is Snake VS everyone else. Its called "Sneaking Mission".

I don't have a link, its in the game right now. I just made a server with the new stuff for Euro GAF. Join bitches!

dfyb

Banned
how was the network performance when i hosted the game? it was called "neogaf 3?" curious how my connection holds up.

angelfly

New maps and mode? I thought I was done for the night but I guess I'm going back in :D

dfyb said:
how was the network performance when i hosted the game? it was called "neogaf 3?" curious how my connection holds up.

I had no problems with it at all.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
JaCk BuRtOn said:
ok what's the goal of the "sneaking mission" ?
i thiiiiiiiiink snake has to collect dogtags while 2 sides fight it out to kill snake and whoever kills snake becomes the new one

Top Bottom