• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

neos

BmOv3aUIMAAu5i3.jpg:large

edit:
BmO1kvAIgAAUkvp.jpg:large

BmO4Y1rIMAAWmay.jpg:large

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Do you guys think SP have invented a new art form here? Virtual photography. It's not like just taking a screenshot because these images vary in quality, not because of clarity but because of a genuine ability to frame an idea (as would a photographer). I find this incredible.

Each of those photos expresses something that's unique to the eye of the person who took it. That's frigin' art!

I don't think I've seen a low res texture in SS. Everything seems to be using high res 2k? textures including the small things such as the chain Delsin has.

RoKKeR

Do you guys think SP have invented a new art form here? Virtual photography. It's not like just taking a screenshot because these images vary in quality, not because of clarity but because of a genuine ability to frame an idea (as would a photographer). I find this incredible.

Each of those photos expresses something that's unique to the eye of the person who took it. That's frigin' art!

No. There was an absolutely massive screenshot community in Halo 3 that I was a part of and I'm sure multiple games before it. You really should look up some of the best of the best from Halo 3 screenshotters, the things people were able to do in that game still absolutely amaze me.

Some of the things in here are just incredible. Can't wait to get home in a few days so I can not only play the game but try out some photography as well!

Are those eyes how he looks during that power? I don't remember myself.

They look edited/added in, they look so perfectly round and are overlapping his eyelids.

Will have to go back and check for myself. Might make for some interesting screens.

Yeah that is how they look. It's a very quick minute it's right when you suck in neon powers and the animation is near it's end.

iboVREhpvjcA24.png

ib1p7FT095nKla.png

The most interesting part is that it only took a few days to implement.

Matt Durasoff: Photo Mode itself is a simple tool. This was not a big R&D project – that’s what the last two and a half years were for! Camera, depth of field, color grading – the support for manipulating these already existed in our game engine, it was only a matter of creating an interface for them. The real labor behind this feature went into the construction of the game world and characters, and the engine that supports them. So, a feature for taking photos? A few days. Game full of stuff worth taking photos of? Hundreds of person-years!

TLoU pls

jowell24

Second set of pictures. Got quite interested in seeing what happens when I try and turn these photos into the POV of npcs.

Here are the results

87GvYUw.jpg

VV4mcB8.jpg

QAl6oEW.jpg

Top Bottom