• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

quantum_break_3_by_raziel1992-d7k6zzn.gif

Why the hell hasn't Microsoft acquired Remedy yet?

Not sure, but Phil said that they would rather start new studios than acquire 3rd/2nd parties that way they can ensure that everyone working there actually wants to work for them.

Basically I think they wan to prevent what happened to Rare from reoccurring with another studio.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Hmm seems no one has a problem with the word "cinematic" in this thread.
If you want to call someone out for being a hypocrite then you must quote them. Just alluding to a group and not backing it up is weak and is one of my GAF pet peeves.

On topic: I especially like the melee animations, even though they stop right before the impact so you can't judge the response that well.

mcrommert

Banned
I expected better visuals TBH, it has a good setting and effects of "paused explosions", "hundred of lenses in the enviroment" and "air waves distorting light", but the amount of assets on screen, their complexity, lightning... it all looks... basic.

However, if the gameworld is large and the game offers a long campaign, then all will be OK. Remedy is not a big studio, and with Alan Wake they made TOO MUCH assets. That gameworld was so full of unique assets...

What? I hazard you to name one console game that looks better other than perhaps second son or ryse...great looking games are coming out and people just complain about their expectations that make zero sense

velociraptor

Graphics look fine (although not as impressive as the original reveal trailer). I don't own an Xbox One but this definitely looks like the most interesting game on the console.

Direct feed footage please, Remedy/MS.

Stop posting new footage to YT. Send it Gamersyde's way instead. YT does the visuals absolutely no justice.

Begaria

Psh, this is just Microsoft copying Sony again - releasing their graphic show case big third person shooter until next year. Geeze, Microsoft, stop "stealing from Sony's playbook".

In all seriousness though, this game does sound pretty promising and it's gorgeous to look at. Remedy does not disappoint.

Gurish

The IQ is the main difference, and the original was always too clean to be real.

It still looks stunning, and I can believe that it actually looks like that for a change.

Don't get me wrong it looks great! but it doesn't have the same level of detail and fidelity as the reveal, and some of the scenes looked OK while others were more impressive, but overall it looks like how i would expect from a Next gen linear-cinematic game, no more and no less, and I'm sure that down the line it will only get better.

meta4

Man, I guess I'm not getting what's looking so great about this at all. Think I need to see some direct feed game play or something. Cold on this reveal.

Looks like a set piece driven game which is fine by me. I like me some cinematic shooters as long as the set pieces are fun. The TV show thing seems like an extremely stupid and jarring way of expanding on the story.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Best looking next gen graphics so far. Looks utterly amazing.

Gestault

What happened to this?

quantum-break-gameplay-to-debut-at-vgx.jpg

QuantumBreak.jpg

Next time any game has a new trailer/teaser, I'm going to go into the discussion thread and post still images of scenes from the previous trailer, asking or implying that the segment that wasn't shown again is somehow missing, much like a dog or baby might believe something obscured from its view has disappeared from existence.

Or I won't, because I'm not a baby or a dog, and the premise is ridiculous. If that wasn't the intended purpose of your post, tossing a few extra syllables might help others understand you.

It looks impressive, though I'm curious about the scale of each playable scenario. Alan Wake had some surprisingly vast zones (probably a carry-over from its original open-world engine design), but I wonder if these will be along the lines of a series of crime scenes with overlapping events (paradoxes?) that you're influencing with the time mechanic.

Game will be awesome no doubt can't wait for it.

Visuals are a big mixed bag. At points it looks good but then others just looked relatively normal.

The Order looks like a big leap above it but that could be because the footage is kind of uninspiring. I actually think Ryse looks better based on this showing

DieH@rd

Banned
This looks better than Infamous. And this is on the Bone.

I sure hope that [let's say summer] 2015 game will look better than open world game that came out 4 moths after console launch. They will most likely stick again to their old tight-linear game formula.

mcrommert

Banned
Next time any game has a new trailer/teaser, I'm going to go into the discussion thread and post still images of scenes from the previous trailer, asking or implying that the segment that wasn't shown again is somehow missing, much like a dog or baby might believe something obscured from its view has disappeared from existence.

Or I won't, because I'm not a baby or a dog, and the premise is ridiculous. If that wasn't the intended purpose of your post, tossing a few extra syllables might help others understand you.

ROFL

shandy706

This is my most anticipated game of this gen right now(I love Remedy). The wait is going to feel like forever!

If E3 has bigger news than my anticipation for this game....I may need to be resuscitated.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Looking very nice! Gamescom? Great, I will be there.

So, Wii U is the only current gen console with 1st party games this year.

Top Bottom