• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Awesome update! Nice to see the game still getting support.
Any plans on a PC patch to allow replaying levels out of order, and maybe fixing the issue where you needed to restart your machine to play at full speed?

Ulme

There's some other improvements like being able to choose your character faster. The patch is also available in the U.S., by the way.

The game has been updated to v1.01 on PS3 & Vita:

- Improved performance (Both versions)
- Fixed game freezes after long play sessions (Vita)
- Drawing distance has been doubled (Vita)
- Shorter loading times (Both versions)
- Fixed several little visual and performance issues (Both versions)
- Now it's possible to repeat a level just after clearing it (Both versions)
- Improved image import, solving errors and adding more compatible image formats.
- Saves can now be shared between PS3 and Vita, including progress and scores. Only on the first save slot, thou.

:)

Any chance some of this gets rolled in to the Xbox version at some point?

Jubern

Holy shit does that means you don't need to re-do the entire story mode in order for the Jet rankings?

I didn't launch the game yesterday as I thought it'd be a minor update but I'll definitely give it another look.

So how does the cross-save work?

You have to upload manually via Content Manager or is it uploading to a cloud everytime you save connected to WiFi?

Ulme

First, it's very important to note that cross save only works on the first saveslot, the rest don't support cross save function.

The cross save is cloud based, so you don't need to do anything special to have it working, it's fully transparent, apart from the fact
that the first time you save in the 1st slot and are signed into PSN, it will take a bit longer to perform the save (and if you make a xtra large graffiti, you'll notice longer saves too).
Once you have saved your progress at least once in one platform, it will automatically sync to the first slot in the other one. You'll notice a small "sync" icon next to the 1st save slot date and time, indicating that there is new data online that will be synced on load.
The data sync works differently for custom graffitis and save data:
- For graffitis, the newer ones overwrite the older ones, that is, if you create a new graffiti on PS3, and save while online, when loading the game in vita, it will replace the one there.
- For save data, when a platform notices updated save data online, it will download it and combine with the current progress, so the progress is added.

Skyzard

Banned
Wish you could go back and play completed levels but other than that please take a bow, definitely deserved, done JSR justice for 2012/13.

Ulme

Do trophies also ping on a cross save?

In order to have the trophies syncing, you need to do something that causes a trophy to be unlocked (or tried to unlock, even if it's already unlocked) while you are online. This will refresh the trophies information in the cloud, and the trophies will start unlocking in both platforms in sync.

Probably the easiest way to do that is starting a game in a new save slot (not the first one or one you have already used) and play till you unlock gum and tab. This will cause the "unlock gum and tab" trophy check to trigger and it will notice the cloud data and the local data are desynced and will update it.
Then start the other platform and the trophies will sync.

Any chance some of this gets rolled in to the Xbox version at some point?

W7Q2tiL.gif

cloudbot

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is still a way to get borderless windowed fullscreen mode on PC? That option went away for me after this update.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Since this was bumped it's worth a shot: does anyone know if there's a way to restart a stage in the PC version if you get grabbed that doesn't invalidate the Detached achievement? Alt-F4 doesn't work, so I'm assuming there isn't (apparently quitting to the dash without going back to the garage worked for this in the 360 version).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
oIhlgYw.png

!!

Posting this here too since what I said above was wrong:

Awyeah. Turns out I was mistaken, forcefully quitting the game does work for the Detached achievement in the PC version.

I believe what went wrong the first time was that, according to some people online, bumping into Onishima counts as being grabbed. I'm not sure if that's really the case but I avoided him this time and it worked.

Sakujou

Banned
i had two crashes and now downloaded the patch. i hope no one has experienced any lags or crashes after the patch. i have to admit, the game still "lags" a bit.

i own the original version for dc, i know the problems.

also the camera problems... i dont have them this obnoxious in my mind from back then...sometimes the cam started to wildly spin around,.... i hope this got solved with the patch.

this game looks awesome on the vita! is this a crossbuy title or standalone?

I was up to the part where you acquire Combo in a race with Beat. I was screwing up where you're supposed go through the gate on the half pipe (sewer section) but kept on doing tricks when I wanted to go through it, very frustrating! Took me a number of times to get through it and beat Beat to tag first. So glad that I completed it. Anyone else have difficulties on this race? Still looks great on the vita 2k despite changing to lcd.

Yeah, Bantam Street and Grind Square weren't in JSR.

Yup, those are the two missions I'm currently doing now. Just completed Bantam street with combo now doing grind square with all those damn lifts and grinding to get to one place to another :).

Alcibiades

Loved this game back on the Dreamcast and dedicated weeks to it. I want to show it to some of my students so I'd like to get the game on Steam.

I don't have a Steam account and haven't played a PC game since Wing Commander 2 on DOS. Will the game run fine on a laptop computer with Windows XP from back in 2007/2008?

It is a 2710p Tablet (back when tablet meant pen-input laptop):

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-2710p/

I will be outputting it through VGA probably (maybe mirror mode?).

Also, is there a really good controller for this that mimics the Dreamcast controls. I can't imagine anything coming close but maybe there is?

ezodagrom

Loved this game back on the Dreamcast and dedicated weeks to it. I want to show it to some of my students so I'd like to get the game on Steam.

I don't have a Steam account and haven't played a PC game since Wing Commander 2 on DOS. Will the game run fine on a laptop computer with Windows XP from back in 2007/2008?

It is a 2710p Tablet (back when tablet meant pen-input laptop):

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-2710p/

I will be outputting it through VGA probably (maybe mirror mode?).

Also, is there a really good controller for this that mimics the Dreamcast controls. I can't imagine anything coming close but maybe there is?
Old Intel integrated graphics... While JSR runs well even in old PCs, I don't know if it would run well in something like that... Back then Intel integrated graphics were pretty much the worst ones for gaming.

Alcibiades

Old Intel integrated graphics... While JSR runs well even in old PCs, I don't know if it would run well in something like that... Back then Intel integrated graphics were pretty much the worst ones for gaming.

Hmm, I might have to wait on this then... thanks for the feedback.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So I bought in on PC and...31FPS!?

Restart your computer and it should fix it.

EDIT: Actually no, the game is locked to a certain framerate (30) because of the way framerate is tied to animations and game speed. Running the game any faster would make it double in speed at 60FPS, etc. I was thinking of another bug, what you're experiencing is the game at its normal speed.

Thrakier

Restart your computer and it should fix it.

EDIT: Actually no, the game is locked to a certain framerate (30) because of the way framerate is tied to animations and game speed. Running the game any faster would make it double in speed at 60FPS, etc. I was thinking of another bug, what you're experiencing is the game at its normal speed.

Plays like crap, want my money back. :( Feels so laggy.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh this thread is revived :O. I got this from GMG a few days ago, wonderful game and I can't believe I missed it two years ago, having a blast with it too, I like how it's not simply a score-attack game, really digging how platform-y the game is.

Prelude.

Hell yeah, necrobump.

So, I just started my Jet playthrough and fuck, the graffiti are a pain in the ass to do. I'm fine with the game being hard but failing to get Jet just because I failed that one graffiti combo is bullshit. I wish there was a more reliable mechanic than rotating analogs considering the Jet ranking is completey dependent on that.
Using the touch screen on Vita doesn't help either, it's even less reliable.

Hell yeah, necrobump.

So, I just started my Jet playthrough and fuck, the graffiti are a pain in the ass to do. I'm fine with the game being hard but failing to get Jet just because I failed that one graffiti combo is bullshit. I wish there was a more reliable mechanic than rotating analogs considering the Jet ranking is completey dependent on that.
Using the touch screen on Vita doesn't help either, it's even less reliable.

Not that it matters any but last I checked the analog detection for graffiti in JSRHD was kind of busted. Sometimes you just fail a tagging motion even if you're doing it "right." It is a lot more forgiving in the Dreamcast version.

A lot of Sega's PC ports have weird busted analog stick stuff like that. Both NiGHTS HD and Crazy Taxi HD wouldn't actually detect analog stick motion at all, it treated it like an 8 way d-pad. NiGHTS got patched to fix this, Crazy Taxi never did.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD has weird analog stick stuff too, it's most easily noticeable on grind rails where you have to move the stick to lean left or right. Even if you move the stick gently, your character will often twitch in the wrong direction or sometimes lean too hard and it makes you slow down. That never got patched, either.

Prelude.

Not that it matters any but last I checked the analog detection for graffiti in JSRHD was kind of busted. Sometimes you just fail a tagging motion even if you're doing it "right." It is a lot more forgiving in the Dreamcast version.

A lot of Sega's PC ports have weird busted analog stick stuff like that. Both NiGHTS HD and Crazy Taxi HD wouldn't actually detect analog stick motion at all, it treated it like an 8 way d-pad. NiGHTS got patched to fix this, Crazy Taxi never did.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD has weird analog stick stuff too, it's most easily noticeable on grind rails where you have to move the stick to lean left or right. Even if you move the stick gently, your character will often twitch in the wrong direction or sometimes lean too hard and it makes you slow down. That never got patched, either.
I had a lot of issues when I started because I kept jumping in a completely skewed direction after grinding but I thought it was just really sensitive and I got used to it eventually. But damn, this is annoying.
If it was just normal button presses it would have been fine.

Top Bottom