• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for May: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Humanity, Watch Dogs: Legion

hemo memo

Gold Member
Rift Apart. If you don’t have a plus get it from a friend or subscribe for a month to play it. The game is:

james franco GIF

oji-san

Banned
It is just cheap enough for me to keep. Maybe. Subs don't work for me. I think ratchet, which I intended to buy and play, is the first game I tried waiting to hit a sub. And here goes 67 months/$50 of not using the service. More than it costs for the game!

If I had different habits it would be a great deal but I already have a massive collection of games to try out... mostly curated by me. So a sub is somewhat redundant.
I'm kinda like that also, when a game i want reach 30 bucks i buy it, so probably will not continue with PS Plus. Game Pass is bit different for me and so far i had more games i wanted and didn't buy yet on GP.

Crayon

Sony just casually dropping a sub service where for £80 a year (or £50 during Black Friday) you can get games like DeS, Horizon FW, Ratchet, Sackboy and Returnal. They just love eating Microsoft’s lunch.

Without an insane marketing/influence blitz and just a handful of ps5 games. And without giving it away for years. This is why I think it's premature to say anyone else owns the sub business.

bender

What time is it?
Great month! Looking forward to Sakuna, Humanity and Pursuit Force. Already have R&C and Risk of Rain but people should check those out.

Sethbacca

It is just cheap enough for me to keep. Maybe. Subs don't work for me. I think ratchet, which I intended to buy and play, is the first game I tried waiting to hit a sub. And here goes 6 months/$50 of not using the service. More than it costs for the game!

If I had different habits it would be a great deal but I already have a massive collection of games to try out... mostly curated by me. So a sub is somewhat redundant.
The way I look at it, most of us are going to pay for essential regardless, and it's only an extra $40 a year for Extra. So about $3.34/mo for access to the library I think is a more than fair deal. Premium at the moment is a waste though.

Crayon

The way I look at it, most of us are going to pay for essential regardless, and it's only an extra $40 a year for Extra. So about $3.34/mo for access to the library I think is a more than fair deal. Premium at the moment is a waste though.

That's exactly the impression my consumer monkey brain got. It just feels like I'm getting all that for $40 because I'm already resigned to coughing up the 60. The total $100 a year feels pretty cheap. The switch one is just a nice little stack of snes games (to me) but for $20 im like... sure. A meal with a shake at carls junior is like $17 now.

Fabieter

We used to say that about their PC games, then putting their games on the service. And now look at this.

The market is changing and Sony is reacting to that change.

They won't put their games day1 in 2-3 years though. They will do it slowly, like they did with their PC games.

I hope everyone is ready for budgets going off the cliff if this will actually happen. There is no way around it.

[Sigma]

Ratchet is great for the lineup.

They're not playing with the Syphon Filter games lol. I think they're only missing 1 game at this point.

I have to check my library because I think I already bought Sakuna: Rice of Ruin. I have so many games that I bought but haven't played so I have to check these lists half the time on games im interested in.

Going to try out Humanity though at some point.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I have almost all of these but recognize this is a great month overall.
That said I'm still bitter that Sony is removing first party titles for no reason.......

Muffdraul

Thats a damn great month. Always wanted to play legion even tho i heard it sucks. Finally i can
IMO it's like Dead Space 3; not as bad as everyone says, but definitely the weakest of the trilogy no matter how you look at it.

The change that pissed me off the most was that unlike the first two where you had full access to every weapon and gadget you'd acquired up to any point, Legion makes you choose a loadout... and you can't change it while you're in a secure zone or under pursuit, engaged in combat, etc. Made the whole thing feel like way more of a pain in the ass than the previous WDs.

Supposedly it was updated to allow you to play the entire solo story campaign as Aiden Pearce instead of generic NPCs and it's a big improvement. I haven't tried it that way personally, maybe now I finally will.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
More Syphon Filter. Yes!

Hopefully the releases of the franchise on ps+ premium is setting up a new Syphon Filter reveal soon. I know Bend are making new IP but one can hope.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Of course there's a reason.

Msvv3F2.gif

Short sighted, a lot of people are going to sign up and stay signed up if all Sony first party is on the network. I would have stayed on it basically forever, however, If they keep taking off first party titles there is a strong change I leave when my sub is up.

TrebleShot

Much like the PS plus monthly games took over from games with gold. This soon will eclipse gamepass if it hasn’t already.

nial

Gold Member
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light is a first-party Japan Studio PSP game that NISA and Ignition picked up for the west. I wonder if Sony acquired the publishing rights of the game in NA, Europe and Australia? If so, I hope they do the same with titles like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Work Time Fun, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, Wild Arms XF, etc.

Leonidas

Feels great never having bought a game on PS5, despite owning one for over a year, PS+ Extra comes through again. Can't wait to try Ratchet A Rift Apart and Humanity :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

skit_data

I’m actually a bit surprised how little comparisons are made between the two services from mainstream gaming media.
Some type of monthly comparison between the services offerings would be some decent journalism and way more valuable than a lot of shit they regurgitate.

sachos

Interesting how many Bethesda games they've added recently to the service, i wonder if it has to do something with the ActiBlizz deal.
Also some nice additions to the classic catalog. Pursuit Force! I think i saw Metal Jesus Rock talk about that game in one of his PSP videos, looked pretty cool. They still release way too few games for the Classic Catalog, where are the PS1 games and especially PS2???

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Gamepass edges with PC and EA. Without that, PS+ would have been better service.

15$ for PC, EA(console+PC), and day1 games is steal.

But EA is 99% garbage. The PC part I'll give you, if you've got a capable gaming rig. Which I, and many other console owners, don't. For us PS+ is definitely the better deal now.

zomboden

Banned
Great month but still surprised at how greedy it was to release the spiderman remaster for $50 then simultaneously remove spiderman ps4 shortly after.

i was hoping the remaster would replace the ps4 version but we gotta wait til they cash out on it before they put it back on

Last edited:

Lupin25

Damn, Sony lol

I’m kinda pissed I spent over a $100 CAD on this nearly 2 years ago. 😳

Definitely could’ve waited.. even though it’s a pretty good platformer.

Damn…

classic film fml GIF by FilmStruck

Last edited:

sachos

They really need patch the dishonored games to 60 fps or release a collection remastered edition. Leaving those master pieces capped at 30 fps on current gen console is a disgrace.
Thats an easy win for Xbox if they want to make them exclusive, remastered 4k60 pack with Prey included too. In fact i would not be surprised if thats one of the collections Phil talked about in the KF interview.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They really need patch the dishonored games to 60 fps or release a collection remastered edition. Leaving those master pieces capped at 30 fps on current gen console is a disgrace.

FYI Dishonored 1 DE and Death of the Outsider have FPS boost on Series. Both run at 60 FPS.

For some reason they skipped over the second game for FPS boost and went for Outsider instead.

Last edited:

Davesky

Finally I’ll be able experience a virtual tour and drive around of my favourite areas of London without having to actually waste my money buying the game.

Top Bottom