• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee: Super TURBO Championship Edition | OT | ¡Livin' la muerte loca!

Gowans

I already asked in another thread, but nobody answered: can you download the GwG version for free and then choose to pay for it later without letting your Gold subscription run out?

I don't see how as it acts as purchased if you already have added it to your library under gold.

Only way you could buy it would be under a different account.

Noi

One 3 hour Hard mode speedrun later...

EaRXaxX.jpg

I can't say I'm fully in love with how the new areas are implemented, but they're still fun to go through. INTENSO is so hilariously broken though, specially once you get the upgrade to break shields in one hit no matter what color they are.
KuGsj.gif

B4D1E

I launched the download of Guacamelee before going to work. I know nothing of that game, only that is a brawler/metroidvania. I saw that it was rated E. Is it suitable for a kid? I plan to play couch coop with my son.

Hatchtag

Banned
I launched the download of Guacamelee before going to work. I know nothing of that game, only that is a brawler/metroidvania. I saw that it was rated E. Is it suitable for a kid? I plan to play couch coop with my son.

Mostly suitable. There's a boss who uses guns (which don't make you bleed) and also drinks often. There's also a joke about being a virgin that your kid probably won't get, and there might be another innuendo or two like that. But other than that, I can't think of anything really non-suitable for a kid.

B4D1E

Mostly suitable. There's a boss who uses guns (which don't make you bleed) and also drinks often. There's also a joke about being a virgin that your kid probably won't get, and there might be another innuendo or two like that. But other than that, I can't think of anything really non-suitable for a kid.

Thanks for the answer, it's very helpful.

I can't wait to play it tonight, seeing the amount of grace this gets from the posters.

jwk94

One 3 hour Hard mode speedrun later...

http://i.imgur.com/EaRXaxX.jpg

I can't say I'm fully in love with how the new areas are implemented, but they're still fun to go through. INTENSO is so hilariously broken though, specially once you get the upgrade to break shields in one hit no matter what color they are. [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

Son, the game's been out for barely a day. How'd you already platinum it?

Hatchtag

Banned
Son, the game's been out for barely a day. How'd you already platinum it?

Most the things are in the same locations, so it's not hard if you've Platinumed the old version. I'll probably have all the achievements in it after about 6-10 hours of playtime.

Hatchtag

Banned
Man, not even offering an upgrade to PS3 owners? I even bought their DLC.

If I didn't get it for free, I'd be upset too. It's still a god damn good game, I mean, shit, Guacamelee is one of my favorite games I've ever played, but it's basically just a game of the year edition.

I don't see how as it acts as purchased if you already have added it to your library under gold.

Only way you could buy it would be under a different account.

Sure, that's how it would work on Xbox 360, but on Xbox One every license has an expiration date (presumably, since that's how it works on PS+) so the system could check that and allow you to set the expiration date to "never" by purchasing.

Arukado

Apparently there is an option to upgrade in europe:

• Guacamelee! Championship Edition Upgrade - 3.99€ + 10% off for one week

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
liking the game quite a bit so far. the npc characters and towns bring a huge grin to my face. very well done.

El-Suave

The upgrade option is a really nice gesture and the fact that they came through (for Mutant Blobs, too on PS3 even though SCEE screwed up the download) reinforces my opinion about DrinkBox Studios. Great games and good people.

Never cared for indie games. This game may change my point of view. Having a blast with it. Kind of hard for me since I'm used to third and first person games. Either way great game and thanks to xbox for giving it away for free.

KooopaKid

Banned
Never cared for indie games. This game may change my point of view. Having a blast with it. Kind of hard for me since I'm used to third and first person games. Either way great game and thanks to xbox for giving it away for free.

You missed a lot. You have to try Mark Of The Ninja next.

Top Bottom