• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
deepbrown said:
Wait, what? I'm sure 1080i HDTV owners would grab onto this comment and swear blind at Sony...

Nothing you should hold against us or Sony, honestly. When you're building a launch game, info is always changing on hardware and software specs.

deepbrown

jstevenson said:
Nothing you should hold against us or Sony, honestly. When you're building a launch game, info is always changing on hardware and software specs.
Don't think anyone would hold it against you guys at Insomniac (you're incredible...2 games in a year...T.W.O!!?). But they might hold it against Sony if there was originally going to be hardware scaling, but it was taken out last minute, leaving developers without a chance to make a solution.

deepbrown said:
Don't think anyone would hold it against you guys at Insomniac (you're incredible...2 games in a year...T.W.O!!?). But they might hold it against Sony if there was originally going to be hardware scaling, but it was taken out last minute, leaving developers without a chance to make a solution.

You're envisioning the "freak out" that would happen on N4G and others huh? 1000 degrees and 300 posts in two hours. All over something that's not even an issue anymore.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
deepbrown said:

That also wouldn't be accurate, actually, but I can't say any more!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
deepbrown said:
Wait, what? I'm sure 1080i HDTV owners would grab onto this comment and swear blind at Sony...
Apparently you weren't here the first few months the PS3 was out...

Enojado

Don't know if I missed it or not, but has Insomniac revealed what the awe inspiring tech in the game is? They talked about it in a podcast a bit ago, but I haven't heard anything since.

JS, assuming I haven't missed info on what it is, can you comment on if we've seen it in action or if you guys will fill us rabid fans in on what it is?

deepbrown

Fenderputty said:
You're envisioning the "freak out" that would happen on N4G and others huh? 1000 degrees and 300 posts in two hours. All over something that's not even an issue anymore.
It is still an issue actually. There's a whole host of games that still dont support 1080i.

jstevenson said:
That also wouldn't be accurate, actually, but I can't say any more!
Haha, well i was just warning you that you might have already said too much! Over and out.

mik

mik is unbeatable
deepbrown said:

At this point, I'd place any blame for a lack of 1080i support on the developer--ever since Evan Wells of Naughty Dog dropped this gem on just how complicated it must be to implement:

GS AU: We understand the team actually surfed forums a bit and implemented some gamer feedback into the final game. Is that right?

EW: That is correct. One of the most noticeable ones was just a few weeks ago, I had put a blog entry up on the US PlayStation blog, and I got a bunch of responses asking me about the resolutions we support. Up until that day, we were only supporting 720p and it never really crossed our minds to support anything else. In the US, we have this issue where a lot of early adopters with HDTVs have TVs that only support 1080i. So if you have a TV that supports 1080i and the game only supports 720p, the PS3 will default to 480p, which isn't even high-def and is not the way Uncharted should be experienced. So they brought that to my attention--I mean, it was kind of embarrassing that we didn't know that before--and literally within the hour we had 1080i support up to take care of all those people.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181783.html?sid=6181783

Will Resistance 2 have f*cking gamma correction options?

I'm playing through Resistance for the first time now, and some of the shitty pitch black sections are pissing me the f*ck off big time. Such a time waster and stumbling around in the virtual dark.

Those asshats (in game) can make space guns and crazy robots; how about some god damn night vision goggles?! :mad:

JB1981

The Take Out Bandit said:

I'm playing through Resistance for the first time now, and some of the shitty pitch black sections are pissing me the f*ck off big time. Such a time waster and stumbling around in the virtual dark.

Those asshats (in game) can make space guns and crazy robots; how about some god damn night vision goggles?! :mad:
get rid of your lcd.

Norml

Why not use the flashlight.

Azrael

mik said:
At this point, I'd place any blame for a lack of 1080i support on the developer--ever since Evan Wells of Naughty Dog dropped this gem on just how complicated it must be to implement:

Bear in mind, at the time Evan Wells said that, Naughty Dog was working with a more advanced SDK than developers of launch games had. There's no excuse for lack of 1080i support now, but that isn't the case for first-generation titles.

Tideas

Banned

why don't you just use the flaslight like it was intended?

Aliens don't need night vision so that technology wasn't there for us to steal :D

But seriously, the game has no such thing as pitch black sections. There's some dark sections that you can pass them properly even without using the flash light. Tune ur HDTV properly.

Madman

There's a flashlight?

Sorry, Gamefly doesn't send instruction manuals.

You mean to fucking tell me I've managed to get two fucking stages away from the end of this god damn game without using one of the key features?! >:O

How does a flashlight work?! For reals, what button do I need to press?

Me and my buddy up to this point.
Right on the d-pad I think.

Madman said:
Right on the d-pad I think.

jr8llt.jpg

This is like that time I played Tenchu and didn't know about the triangle jump, or Tomb Raider 2 and didn't know about the speed boost button for vehicles. >:O

I'm sure somewhere out there, Sea Manky laughs yet again. :mad:

nyong

Banned
I just put down my preorder at Gamestop. I got close to $500 trade-in today, which is close enough to what Ebay would have brought, minus the hassle. For instance, $42 on Smash Brothers for Wii. They have tons of promotional deals going on right now.

methane47

This is like that time I played Tenchu and didn't know about the triangle jump, or Tomb Raider 2 and didn't know about the speed boost button for vehicles. >:O

I'm sure somewhere out there, Sea Manky laughs yet again. :mad:

>:O There was a speed boost button???!! DAMMIT

Kittonwy

Banned

I thought they sez R2 will have light scattering tech so maybe in dark places it won't be so dark. But then I use sonar no prob.
batman.gif

Tideas

Banned
There's a flashlight?

Sorry, Gamefly doesn't send instruction manuals.

You mean to fucking tell me I've managed to get two fucking stages away from the end of this god damn game without using one of the key features?! >:O

How does a flashlight work?! For reals, what button do I need to press?

Me and my buddy up to this point.

this my friend, is when the word, "failure" totally applies

Nizz

I know I'm late but was that you with Ted Price during that IGN livewire demo of R2? I just remember the person playing and dying and him just shaking his head like "I can't believe I just died!" I also remember Jessica Chobot being like "oh that's ok" :lol
Link here http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14211237/resistance-2/videos/resistance2livewire_072308.html By the way, the part where you're overlooking the bay with the Chimeran ships flying overhead destroying San Francisco looked great! The lighting was tight...

Andvary

fps fanatic said:
I know I'm late but was that you with Ted Price during that IGN livewire demo of R2? I just remember the person playing and dying and him just shaking his head like "I can't believe I just died!" I also remember Jessica Chobot being like "oh that's ok" :lol
Link here http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14211237/resistance-2/videos/resistance2livewire_072308.html By the way, the part where you're overlooking the bay with the Chimeran ships flying overhead destroying San Francisco looked great! The lighting was tight...

Yeah, it was him, it was funny :lol
and embarrasing jstevenson :p

mr_nothin

Banned
YEA I WAS RIGHT BITCHES.
All of you told me I was crazy when i said all of the ships were moving.
WHO's crazy now?1
Muahahhahaa.
They arent stationary or static. Ted Price says so!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Andvary said:
Yeah, it was him, it was funny :lol
and embarrasing jstevenson :p

Yeah and that was my only r2 demo death during e3, missed a couple of jumps in q4b demos as well...

And yeah sucked to die on a live show... But it was a grims arm that caught my 40mm a bit too close to me... Oh well.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
fps fanatic said:
I just watched that video... and I gotta say that I'm very disappointed. That guy with Ted Price looks nothing like Sam Cassell. :p

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:
Yeah and that was my only r2 demo death during e3, missed a couple of jumps in q4b demos as well...

And yeah sucked to die on a live show... But it was a grims arm that caught my 40mm a bit too close to me... Oh well.
You did an awesome job!

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

I like when a game is demoed and the player dies, it means there's some level of challenge, I would like to see some shooting with hybrids trying to move from cover to cover to outflank the player though.

Cesar

Banned
fps fanatic said:

Never noticed this before but during the part where JS is being attacked by the grims and he trows a grenade it blows the legs off of at least two grims.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Cesar said:
Never noticed this before but during the part where JS is being attacked by the grims and he trows a grenade it blows the legs off of at least two grims.

Yup, limbing is going in right now. It was pretty rough at E3, but should be cooler next time you see it. Limbs, heads, all sorts of body parts go flying.

Kittonwy said:
I like when a game is demoed and the player dies, it means there's some level of challenge, I would like to see some shooting with hybrids trying to move from cover to cover to outflank the player though.

We had some hybrid gameplay right after the SF Bay Area sequence we were showing that wasn't quite good enough to show in video, but we showed to some select journalists. Tons of hybrids, lots of Marksmen gameplay and of course, trying to dodge the Hybrids using their bullseye alt fire to create the bullseye trap grenades...

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Yup, limbing is going in right now. It was pretty rough at E3, but should be cooler next time you see it. Limbs, heads, all sorts of body parts go flying.

We had some hybrid gameplay right after the SF Bay Area sequence we were showing that wasn't quite good enough to show in video, but we showed to some select journalists. Tons of hybrids, lots of Marksmen gameplay and of course, trying to dodge the Hybrids using their bullseye alt fire to create the bullseye trap grenades...

You have flanking goin on? Hybrids using bullseye trap? That's awesome.
gladtomeetya.gif

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:

Fuck yeah for limb dismemberment! :D

dralla

jstevenson said:

Is this in the campaign only? or can I blow your head off in multiplayer?

Facism

are hale's buckles and straps going to be modelled or textured in a way that doesn't look like one big uniform skin over the model?

It was really jarring in the video.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Facism said:
are hale's buckles and straps going to be modelled or textured in a way that doesn't look like one big uniform skin over the model?

It was really jarring in the video.

He isn't in that uniform for long (see Gamepro cover)

FightyF said:
Did someone say gibs? DID SOMEONE SAY FUCKING GIBS?!?!

:D

That too.

Top Bottom