• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

jmd494

jstevenson said:
Hahaha.. they flank in groups now...
damn...I am incredibly excited about this game...but I really think you guys should show less Chicago. It is by far the least interesting setting IMO.

My favorite settings in descending order are:
- Iceland (drools)
- Scotia (forget the new name)
- The small suburban town (the one featured in the new trailer)
- San Fran

...a large gap...

- Chi-town

Don't get me wrong...the grims are fantastic; however, the setting (as displayed so far) is rather forgettable.

Edit: which is a real shame because I think the design is pretty awesome but the color palette is a little dull and I don't see what kind of atmosphere the team is trying to portray with it.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Hahaha.. they flank in groups now...

YES!
batman.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Loudninja said:
Do the Chimera talk more this time around?

I think they are all controlled by one of them flying bitch things, forget the name, well thats what i gathered from the first game............... sorta like the Zerg and the overmind thing........ i forget that name as well :lol

Loudninja

Kittonwy said:
Yeah dey go, "oh teh reclaimer killz teh demon".
batman.gif
:lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I think they are all controlled by one of them flying bitch things, forget the name, well thats what i gathered from the first game............... sorta like the Zerg and the overmind thing........ i forget that name as well :lol

Huh? :lol

My only complaint from Resistance 1 was the Hit-Response system. It felt stale when shooting the Chimera. Having no rumble made it even worse.(Played and beat Resistance around Launch) That said, I'm hyped for Resistance 2.

Alias03

Angel

Madman

Are you thinking of the Angel?

Alias03

Just thought of something Ive been meaning to ask. Any mention of Widowmakers reappearing? I loved fighting them in R1.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
slicedking said:
My only complaint from Resistance 1 was the Hit-Response system. It felt stale when shooting the Chimera. Having no rumble made it even worse.(Played and beat Resistance around Launch) That said, I'm hyped for Resistance 2.

Really? I think it's solid as hell, especially with the bullseye.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Alias03 said:

Yeah them things, when Hale goes up to the captured one in R1 and freaks out they are talking about it controlling them or something and trying to learn how to use it against them.....

Well thats what i remeber, it was a while ago since i beat it...... will have to replay before R2.

FightyF

Banned
will have to replay before R2.

Yeah I have to replay it with my Dual Shock...sorta funny that I never got around to that yet, but I agree, it would be best to do it just before R2.

msdstc said:
Yup, I mean, I didn't get that "good" feeling when shooting the Chimera like in other FPS, felt kinda stiff. Then again, it could be to the fact that I were playing an FPS with the sixaxis(And the only FPS I Played on the PS3), being so light and there was no rumble at the time....But I'm not that worried for R2 after hearing about the dismemberments.

Fady K

For a game that did multiplayer SO WELL, the 1st Resistance had a VERY GOOD single player campaign. Very very few FPSs do that - All three SP campaigns in the Halo series were pretty average whereas the multiplayer was great.

I can only imagine good things for the SP campaign of R2 after seeing Ted's E3 demonstration.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
slicedking said:
Yup, I mean, I didn't get that "good" feeling when shooting the Chimera like in other FPS, felt kinda stiff. Then again, it could be to the fact that I were playing an FPS with the sixaxis(And the only FPS I Played on the PS3), being so light and there was no rumble at the time....But I'm not that worried for R2 after hearing about the dismemberments.

Yeah the dismemberments will definitely solve that... not the mention the DS3 is out now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Loudninja said:
Do the Chimera talk more this time around?

They fucking better not have any speaking Chimera! Unless they are the top of the food chain ones.

*Were the hybrids in R1 speaking or was that just jibirish?

Loudninja

Elbrain said:
They fucking better not have any speaking Chimera! Unless they are the top of the food chain ones.

*Were the hybrids in R1 speaking or was that just jibirish?

They did speak a little in the first one.

dalin80

Banned
Elbrain said:
Well either way they better not be talking in the second one.

I would be OK with them quoting shakespear in exchange from the scraping the 2 weapon system and bringing back the weapon wheel.

J-Rzez

I think it'd be ok if they spoke some stuff. I thought that the mindless random chatter from the grunts and elites in Halo was great. Just so it's not along the lines of R6V2:

Person 1: "Got you now bitch"
-you then kill them:
Person 2: "Omg, they killed him"
Person 3: "Shit, he owed me money"
Person 4: "Me too".

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
J-Rzez said:
I think it'd be ok if they spoke some stuff. I thought that the mindless random chatter from the grunts and elites in Halo was great. Just so it's not along the lines of R6V2:

Person 1: "Got you now bitch"
-you then kill them:
Person 2: "Omg, they killed him"
Person 3: "Shit, he owed me money"
Person 4: "Me too".

I wouldn't mind hearing that from the Chimera ! :lol

Seriously I want nothing but grunts and roaring from the Chimera unless the ruling caste is shown in the game.

B-Ri

B-Ri said:
Hey JStevenson, do me a favor, give this to your boss:

sonypresscon-2-1-600x396.png

and tell him thanks for stopping, and talking for a second, and that i wish i did get to try out Resistance, but like i told him we didnt get convention center passes :'(

quoting cause i think jstevenson missed it :'(

also, waiting on hearing where besides Qore we can get the beta :eek:

lupinko

Insomniac please don't do console region validation like the first game, because I know even with a NTSCU/C copy of R2, it'll end up censored on my NTSCJ PS3 like the first game and Drake, athough unlike Drake, by having a NTSCU/C savefile everything is uncensored.

Stupid Cero!!! *shakes fist*

Basch

Will switch preorder to LE if announced. ^_^

We need HD video of Euro demonstration stat. So beautiful. San Fran is gorgeous. I love how the light shines off the rifle as Hale steps on deck. I hope the rest of the game looks that good. The E3 video up on the PSN store is a nice tease, especially with that Titan and Leviathan models.

So just a question. I would love to see some future crossover between R2 and Resistance: Retribution. Will there be one? Maybe in R3, but still would be nice to hear some references. Enriches the franchise, as well as acknowledges your peer's work. Provides greater depth and universal appeal to the series. Most importantly, it would make us fans even more excited than we already are.

I find it cool how the Americans and Europeans explore different ways of reacting to the Chimeran threat. While the Americans attempt to discover a cure and with it, possibly, a psychological/telepathic link to the Angels/hive mind, the Europeans task themselves with reverse engineering Chimeran tech to find an origin to the matter at hand and use it against them. Two sides; two very different approaches. Each has their fair share of positives and negatives.

Hair bleeding Medusa balls, I just got this crazy idea! What if, alone, America nor Europe would be able to stop the Chimeran threat. What if they had to come together with each of their discoveries to triumph over the Chimeran menace. It would all go down in Russia. Don't ask me why. That's where everyone else seems to want it to be. Personally, I would like to see other places get thrown into the mix, but whatever (Africa, South America, Avalon 1, the usual... :lol ).

Alright, that's enough Resistance fantasizing for one day. Back to other things... Anybody else notice Hale sounds different than the Hale from R1. *Checks Project Abraham* Ah, good GAF. Brown was voted on as our next specimen for the experiment. Great choice. Wonder if Insomniac rigged the whole thing, and Brown was set to be the next from the beginning. I thought more would have fallen for Oster because of his no fear bull$hi+. Mark your calendars: this Tuesday... Okay, I'll stop. I'm leaving now. :D

Basch said:
Hair bleeding Medusa balls, I just got this crazy idea! What if, alone, America nor Europe would be able to stop the Chimeran threat. What if they had to come together with each of their discoveries to triumph over the Chimeran menace. It would all go down in Russia. Don't ask me why. That's where everyone else seems to want it to be. Personally, I would like to see other places get thrown into the mix, but whatever (Africa, South America, Avalon 1, the usual... :lol )

Indeed, Resistance 3 needs to take place in Russia.

Basch

Holy sh!t! I want my Resistance shirt. Why didn't I hear about this sooner. I am so far behind on all this news. Just cranked through the American Alliance Autonomy and SRPA-Tech.net sites. I'll be buying this shirt. Hopefully it's at my local Hot Topic... that place is scary by the way. But whatever... for the shirt!

Here's a look at teh sexy shirt: R1 only for now.

Basch said:
Holy sh!t! I want my Resistance shirt. Why didn't I hear about this sooner. I am so far behind on all this news. Just cranked through the American Alliance Autonomy and SRPA-Tech.net sites. I'll be buying this shirt. Hopefully it's at my local Hot Topic... that place is scary by the way. But whatever... for the shirt!

To quote Kurtz, "You want me to advertise, pay me."

I'm a newer PS3 owner so I went to get Resistance today for the $29.99 Greatest Hits price and both places I went still had it marked $59.99. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Basch said:

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys about that.

So this will hopefully be the beginning of many Resistance (and Ratchet shirts). Obviously this isn't the most subtle of t-shirts, but that's what Hot Topic is going for right now. We do have some really cool ones that we hope will get picked up by retailers that I know you guys would love.

Top Bottom