• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA Game for Wii: Celebrity Sports Showdown

Celebrity Sports Showdown coming to Wii

Release (Europe): 23.10.2008 for 39,99 Euro

It 'a collection of 12 mini-games sports including canoeing, badminton, slalom (skiing), leap obstacles on horseback, shooting with the bow etc.… played by the celebrities (caricatures) es of the world of cinema and music.

The game will be accessible to all and easy to use for ì fun playing alone and in the company of friends.

Before someone asks: retailer informations

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
you dumb fucks if you have to make a shitty casual game, make smarty pants 2 with dlc questions and more variety.

Stumpokapow said:
you dumb fucks if you have to make a shitty casual game, make smarty pants 2 with dlc questions and more variety.

This. Smarty Pants, Boogie and Boom Blox are the three EA Wii franchises that could be casual blockbusters if handled and marketed correctly.

Unfortunately, Boogie Superstar seems to remedy none of the faults with the original, there's no sign of a Smarty Pants sequel and the marketing for Boom Blox - key for reaching beyond the more informed and aware core audience - has been shite.

Milabrega

Leezard said:
There has been an MTV show like this for a long time. I don't think they are going to sue more due to a game.

Rock nd Jock? They still have it? MTV games should seriously consider 1-uping EA with their roster.

linsivvi

Zoramon089 said:
how many times can different companies keeping making the same sports minigame collections? I mean, wtf

About the same number of times those companies release the same sports games with different rosters?

Flakster99

More mini-games? Alright, but most of the ones mentioned have already been packaged in other mini-games. This time with celebrities? Really?

I'm not one to talk shit about casual, mini-games, as I do enjoy my fair share, but this is absolutely reaching for the bottom of the idea barrel.

Cosmonaut X said:
This. Smarty Pants, Boogie and Boom Blox are the three EA Wii franchises that could be casual blockbusters if handled and marketed correctly.

Every one a fun, engaging, unique, well thought out experience, and a sequel to any of these would be most welcome, not this Wii: Celebrity Showdown tripe.

More sports mini-games? That market is getting more and more crowded by the minute. Making casual games is not an excuse for lack of imagination. And at 40€ no less? EA's pricing is really optimistic with their casual titles.

Smarty Pants 2 make it happen EA. Also I heard that the Boom Blox team is hiring people for their next game, pimp that Boom Blox team game EA!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
With this and Animal Crossing, how can the Core gamer be dissapointed?

basik

bring back mutant league football/hockey... I dont buy madden/nhl games but I'd buy mutant league. Its sort of like EA's version of mario strikers...

Top Bottom