• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse Son of Rome coming to PC this fall [no port begging other games]

RyseGame: It is time to Rise: This Fall, #Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to PC! http://t.co/4usZPbKUmO

BuccQJcIEAEdECl.jpg

Crytek will self-publish the digital version of the gory action game. Publisher Deep Silver will distribute a boxed version.

The PC release supports 4K resolution and includes all Ryse DLC packs that have released since the game's launch on Xbox One in November 2013.

The DLC includes the Colosseum Pack, the Mars' Chosen Pack, the Duel of Fates Pack and the Morituri Pack. The PC version also grants instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the Legionnaire's Trust sword, which were initially bundled with the special edition of the game.

"4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what's now possible in high-end PC games," Crytek business development chief Carl Jones said.

"We've given our team the opportunity to show what CryEngine can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, sweet. I've been hoping this would happen as I don't mind the occasional "mindless" action game. I gave up trying to convince my X1-owning mate to pick it up on the cheap.

Domstercool

Random game drop. :D

Ryse: Son of Rome, is coming to PC this Fall. While Crytek will publish the game on digital channels, they will collaborate with the co-publishing partner Deep Silver for the boxed version distribution to retail stores. In addition, all of the Ryse: Son of Rome DLC packages that have been created and released since launch will be included in the PC version.

“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.”

Tagg9

Really? Color me surprised. Could be part of a move by Microsoft to put some of their biggest games (*cough* Halo MCC *cough* on PC).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Dat exclusive line up, isn't Halo coming too or was that BS?

I had a great time with the game on the Xbox One and it looks phenomenal. Can you imagine those visuals at 4k @ 60fps+? hhhhnnnnggg..

..and play the game at the hardest difficulty. Its a better game that way with no visual cues and stuff when in combat.

Begaria

Huh. I wonder if this is why Crytek wanted to keep hold of the IP? To be able to port it to other platforms.

Krejlooc

Banned
The game finally gets 1080p

Won't double dip, though. Found the game to be very boring personally. I'm much more looking forward to double dipping on DR3.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
It's funny when developers say "4K support!" for PC versions.

I enjoyed Ryse, but eh not gonna double dip for it.

we're a master chief collection away from some really, really amusing meltdowns.

i can't wait.

probably pick this up for $5 because it looks incredible and doesn't seem to have much depth to it from the impressions i've read.

Ovek

7Member7
Dat exclusive line up, isn't Halo coming too or was that BS?

Halo games have been in the Steam database on and off for some time. It doesn't mean they will be coming out though.

EDIT: I'm going to buy this and play it on my PS4 pad just to be subversive ;)

Top Bottom