• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut PC cross-play and system requirements revealed. PlayStation overlay, cross-play, and Trophy support!

Console wars, consoles wars never changes. Only the ammunition used.
Let the MAU warz begin
Vm059U7.gif

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
What about Switch? Out of all PC gamers I know almost all have a Switch, some have it for their kids but some for themselves. Xbox and Playstation basically don’t exist though. I know one who used to have a PS4 Pro and PSVR, but don’t use them anymore.

Switch is easily the best console choice for PC, because it has the least overlapping features and contents.
  • Lots of exclusive games not on PC
  • portability before Steam Deck or ROG Ally exist
  • Lots of console players has a Switch. PC players can easily trade Switch games or find players for multiplayer for Switch games easily
  • Cheap and easy for local multiplayers. 2 pairs of joycons is all you need for 4 players, and it already comes with a pair by default.
  • Lots of local multiplayer games to entertain guests. Also can use multiplayer Nintendo Switch to play together locally in some games

BlackTron

Switch is easily the best console choice for PC, because it has the least overlapping features and contents.
  • Lots of console players has a Switch. PC players can easily trade Switch games or find players for multiplayer for Switch games easily
  • Cheap and easy for local multiplayers. 2 pairs of joycons is all you need for 4 players, and it already comes with a pair by default.
  • Lots of local multiplayer games to entertain guests. Also can use multiplayer Nintendo Switch to play together locally in some games

Thank you for this post it arranged my thoughts into a neat bulleted list.

Fahdis

I still hate Nintendo even though they have some of the best IP.

- Money grab for every release ever made by not giving backwards compatibility.
- Online is still like in 1996.
- Expensive Games.
- Anti-Consumer in every way.
- Fuck Em.

Just MY opinion.

Topher

Gold Member
I can certainly see that happening. Now that Sony is increasing their efforts to release games onto PC, there's no much choice but to just embrace it and shift the battlefield there

I'd say that's primarily due to Microsoft releasing games on PlayStation alongside their "every screen is an Xbox" campaign. Pretty easy to see where first blood was drawn from the warriors.....

IDappa

Not sure how many there are of us but would imagine there are plenty of us who buy consoles and nice gaming PCs

Now give me all Sony day one on PC and maybe even I drop out of that crowd
My thought would be they push a gaming on the go type system while incentivising cross buy and cross save on their own storefronts with a proper console to still catch the people who won’t be buying pcs.

I would also assume they release on steam and other platforms to get customers that don’t want to leave their chosen platforms/storefront. Maximise potential customers while also having your own slice of the pie.

Top Bottom