• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LiquidMetal14 LiquidMetal14 here are the benches (All settings max, 4k, DLSS Quality, Frame Gen on, Ray Reconstruction on, lens flare off, film grain off, chromatic aberration off):

2R3B:
db0WJM.png

3R2B:
db0gFx.png

3R3B:
db0Roc.png

These are the other mods I also have installed for now:

i08CPIk.png
Here you go. 3R3B

X5fwdFl.jpg

Reactions: GHG

Moochi

Pleasantly surprised to be getting 60 fps with full path tracing on at 1440p on my 3090 with DLSS set to balanced. Very nice. This game feels meant to be played with a controller. I've found that even at lower fps, with motion blur, controller movement doesn't produce the same visual annoyances for me. Loving 2.0 so far.

manlisten

Am I the only one who feels that your character’s POV in first person is too low? Feels like I’m 5 feet tall and at neck level with every NPC. It’s something that has always bugged me but it definitely stands out after just having played another first person game (Starfield) to
compare directly against. Am I just imagining this?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is this patch bugged on steam/PC? I've had it download 30 some GB. Then install 100GB. Then repeatedly it tries to install 10.6GB, and at some point restarts it from scratch without any rhyme or reason.

Can't play the game anymore now, and if I gotta get rid of the entire game and reinstall, I'm done. I'll just watch a new ending online. Can't be bothered with this kind of horse shit in 2023.

sertopico

Is this patch bugged on steam/PC? I've had it download 30 some GB. Then install 100GB. Then repeatedly it tries to install 10.6GB, and at some point restarts it from scratch without any rhyme or reason.

Can't play the game anymore now, and if I gotta get rid of the entire game and reinstall, I'm done. I'll just watch a new ending online. Can't be bothered with this kind of horse shit in 2023.
They messed up much more than that. The whole thing cost them 125 Million but they're still not able to properly do QA, and after all that happened!

Last edited:

GymWolf

I've tried to love pathtracing but the oil painting effect on characters is way too distracting.
Also, the game still has ghosting, i don't know if it is dlss or framegen but it is pretty noticeable when you actually move the camera outside of photomode.

Rtx psycho seems the way to go for me, pt is transformative (in many scene but not all) but it is far from perfect and way too fucking dark, i don't care if this is supposed to be realistic when i can't see shit and the game doesn't have a torch, you lose a lot of world details.

About so mi, her hologram is kinda ugly in the face but she still looks like a human, the real model has way nicer face but she looks like a fucking android.

Is there an explanation in the cyberpunk lore about why people decide to turn into robots and give away real skin, and arms and legs and tits and asses etc.

Like, ok you are more powerfull but you are basically a toyota corolla more than a person at this point...it just feel so silly and unrealistic that people would turn into robots as a form of improvement.
Is the future in cyberpunk so fucked up that people love metal implants over real tits and limbs?

Btw the game still has a lot of perks not working properly or being downright negative like the one that randomly consume your ram in the intelligenge tree (feedback loop perk i think).

They haven't tested the game properly.

Last edited:

T4rz4

Pathtracing is only playable with 4080-4090? I'm afraid that i'mn stuck with vanilla with my 3070ti

hlm666

About so mi, her hologram is kinda ugly in the face but she still looks like a human, the real model has way nicer face but she looks like a fucking android.
There's nothing here that spoils anything really but im gonna put it in tags anyway, you seem far enough along that this comment wont spoil anything for you.
I think she is actually ment to be almost an android, as far as I can tell the only organic thing in her from the waste up anyway seems to be some portion of her brain. Johnny straight up calls her an android during one of the endings.

Last edited:
There's nothing here that spoils anything really but im gonna put it in tags anyway, you seem far enough along that this comment wont spoil anything for you.
I think she is actually ment to be almost an android, as far as I can tell the only organic thing in her from the waste up anyway seems to be some portion of her brain. Johnny straight up calls her an android during one of the endings.
Yeah, basically a Smasher tier borg

Pathtracing is only playable with 4080-4090? I'm afraid that i'mn stuck with vanilla with my 3070ti
It really needs framegen to be playable.

Alex11

No, I`m playing with a 4070 and an R 5600X at 4K DLSS Performance and averaging in the 50s.

It`s not ideal, but given my pc and playing with PT and mostly stealth it really doesn`t bother me. If anything can go with 1440p DLSS Q and the average is 70.

T4rz4

No, I`m playing with a 4070 and an R 5600X at 4K DLSS Performance and averaging in the 50s.

It`s not ideal, but given my pc and playing with PT and mostly stealth it really doesn`t bother me. If anything can go with 1440p DLSS Q and the average is 70.
But did you use FG?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Can y'all please put spoiler tags instead of posting 50 pictures in a single post? Jesus Christ.

I've tried to love pathtracing but the oil painting effect on characters is way too distracting.
Also, the game still has ghosting, i don't know if it is dlss or framegen but it is pretty noticeable when you actually move the camera outside of photomode.

Rtx psycho seems the way to go for me, pt is transformative (in many scene but not all) but it is far from perfect and way too fucking dark, i don't care if this is supposed to be realistic when i can't see shit and the game doesn't have a torch, you lose a lot of world details.

Is there an explanation in the cyberpunk lore about why people decide to turn into robots and give away real skin, and arms and legs and tits and asses etc.

Like, ok you are more powerfull but you are basically a toyota corolla more than a person at this point...it just feel so silly and unrealistic that people would turn into robots as a form of improvement.
Is the future in cyberpunk so fucked up that people love metal implants over real tits and limbs?

Btw the game still has a lot of perks not working properly or being downright negative like the one that randomly consume your ram in the intelligenge tree (feedback loop perk i think).

They haven't tested the game properly.
Don't use RT Psycho, it's a pure waste of resources. Use High or whatever setting below it. The oil painting effect is also not due to path tracing but to DLAA which still ghosts a whole fucking lot to this day.

Path tracing with DLAA looks amazing in stills and bullshot photo mode (which increases the resolution) but in motion, it has too many issues. Anyone walking through indirect lighting will ghost like hell. Cars leave a smearing trails and NPCs in the distance have blurred faces and movements. I get that we're excited for a groundbreaking graphical tech but let's be honest with everyone. It has MANY issues. Glad that you're not blinded by shiny new options and path tracing.

Last edited:

Schmick

Yeah I'm going to wait til 4080 prices drop in a year or 2 or get 5xxx series and build a new PC before I play this.

It looks so much better with pathtracing that I can't accept not playin it like that. And honestly, 2fps isn't going to cut it.
Thankfully Geforce Now Ultimate works perfectly for me so I'll be playing it through that.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Why does he seem to keep trying the same save over and over again. The game autosaves on a few different saves every few minutes, did he even bother to try a different one to see what happens..?
Good question maybe he's stubborn and doesn't want to lose it?

drotahorror

I ran the benchmark on Geforce Now Ultimate and this is the results I got with Path Tracing on.

24GB RTX4080!?

ohkwvAs.png

So the GFN 4080 is some sort of insane GPU actually hah.

The GeForce Now "4080" comes with 24GB VRAM and 18,176 CUDA cores

Regular 4080 - 16GB and 9728 CUDA cores.

GymWolf

Can y'all please put spoiler tags instead of posting 50 pictures in a single post? Jesus Christ.

Don't use RT Psycho, it's a pure waste of resources. Use High or whatever setting below it. The oil painting effect is also not due to path tracing but to DLAA which still ghosts a whole fucking lot to this day.

Path tracing with DLAA looks amazing in stills and bullshot photo mode (which increases the resolution) but in motion, it has too many issues. Anyone walking through indirect lighting will ghost like hell. Cars leave a smearing trails and NPCs in the distance have blurred faces and movements. I get that we're excited for a groundbreaking graphical tech but let's be honest with everyone. It has MANY issues. Glad that you're not blinded by shiny new options and path tracing.
But...i'm not using dlaa...to use that you have to disable dlss and the perf hit is too big.

Well, yeah, it's barely playable on 4090, let alone on a mere 4070. Sorry, forgot to mention, both FG and RR.
Barely playable? Never drops below 60 for me, usually in the 70s/80s with DLSS quality. The only setting I don't use max is screen space reflections. Psycho setting is a complete waste.

Alex11

Barely playable? Never drops below 60 for me, usually in the 70s/80s with DLSS quality. The only setting I don't use max is screen space reflections. Psycho setting is a complete waste.
Meant barely playable with PT at 4K native without DLSS and FG, as that has a connection of what I was asked about.

Top Bottom