• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

ebevan91

I just infiltrated the party (if you know you know), ballpark figure how far into the DLC am I? I have no idea if it's ramping up to a finale (feels like it) or if I'm only halfway or something.

Your decisions in the coming missions will determine how far you are into the DLC, so basically right at halfway or just over halfway through. I'm still going through the campaign myself but I did look at the mission list to kinda know where I'm at, which is near the end.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god, Aurore :messenger_heart:

God bless you, CDPR.

hJpykLu.png

Z5Nrw7K.png

G2UDKge.png

This entire mission was amazing. AMAZING.

The Lizzy Wizzy concert was insane. I swear I got goosebumps, the visuals were so good. Not posting screenshots because spoilers.

QWKhIZJ.jpg

rH9xYdo.png

Q5bDwFJ.jpg

Last edited:

God bless you, CDPR.

hJpykLu.png

Z5Nrw7K.png

G2UDKge.png

The Lizzy Wizzy concert was insane. I swear I got goosebumps, the visuals were so good. Not posting screenshots because spoilers.

QWKhIZJ.jpg

rH9xYdo.png

Q5bDwFJ.jpg

Agreed.

Was taken completely off guard when the concert began but was surprised to just keep watching.

Brilliant mission. Aurore was it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

God bless you, CDPR.

hJpykLu.png

Z5Nrw7K.png

G2UDKge.png

QWKhIZJ.jpg

rH9xYdo.png

Q5bDwFJ.jpg

If you’re playing as female V, the best mission is still in front of you.

shubik

Phantom Liberty is simply incredible! Just everything about this DLC screams quality and worldbuilding. The atmosphere, the music, even the simple side missions. Everything is created with so much love and passion! I'm taking my sweet time with it and just don't want this to end...

Cyberpunk combined with this DLC is one of the best games currently out on the market and there is really nothing like it. Hats off to CDPR. They took all the valid criticism to heart and reacted accordingly.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm probably around half way through expansion. Story starting to really ramp up. Got another
heist/dinner/dress up
to attend.

Last edited:

geary

Phantom Liberty is simply incredible! Just everything about this DLC screams quality and worldbuilding. The atmosphere, the music, even the simple side missions. Everything is created with so much love and passion! I'm taking my sweet time with it and just don't want this to end...

Cyberpunk combined with this DLC is one of the best games currently out on the market and there is really nothing like it. Hats off to CDPR. They took all the valid criticism to heart and reacted accordingly.
People keep saying that it took 3 years to fix the game. They dont take into account that in these 3 years, they also created and expansion of this quality with another 20-30 hours. Almost like the lenght of full fledge AAA from well known studios.

Hell, ER almost takes 3 years to get out an only the expansion.

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finally got Skippy in headshot only mode. It's crazy the game doesn't tell you that there is a maiming mechanic. On my last playthrough I thought I maimed 50 people but it still locked me in puppy loving pacifist mode.

mitchman

Gold Member
Finally got Skippy in headshot only mode. It's crazy the game doesn't tell you that there is a maiming mechanic. On my last playthrough I thought I maimed 50 people but it still locked me in puppy loving pacifist mode.
After 50 kills in maim mode, it switches to headshot mode.

Exentryk

Got delayed by a few weeks starting it, but really enjoying it. Had forgotten how good CDPR is with storytelling and immersion, so great to be back.

Taking my sweet time with it all. Playing on Very Hard and it's great!

Btw, did you notice CDPR's cofounder in the game?

Last edited:

Freeman76

Just watched that concert at the party, incredible! That was some creative genius. How far in the PL story is that? I dont want to suddenly finish it, but feels like it hasnt properly got going yet

Woggleman

That party might be the best party scene I have seen in a game. Also I might be weird but Lizzy Wizzy is kind of hot. She is a chrome and silver hottie.

Freeman76

That party might be the best party scene I have seen in a game. Also I might be weird but Lizzy Wizzy is kind of hot. She is a chrome and silver hottie.

For me its still the Berlin map in Hitman, they nailed the club atmosphere so hard in that, but the one in PL is a very close second

Woggleman

That party showed what a hypocrite Kurt Hansen is. Most of his people live like rats but here he is partying with the rich and famous in utter luxury.

sertopico

Got delayed by a few weeks starting it, but really enjoying it. Had forgotten how good CDPR is with storytelling and immersion, so great to be back.

Taking my sweet time with it all. Playing on Very Hard and it's great!

Btw, did you notice CDPR's cofounder in the game?

I thought it was David Guetta.

shubik

The gigs and sidequests in Phantom Liberty are just top-tier! They all offer interesting plot lines, concepts of this dystopian society and often even a glimpse of horror. The one gig in the children's sports academy was fantastic. And I love that the choice you make actually matters and has some form of consequence.

The gigs and sidequests in Phantom Liberty are just top-tier! They all offer interesting plot lines, concepts of this dystopian society and often even a glimpse of horror. The one gig in the children's sports academy was fantastic. And I love that the choice you make actually matters and has some form of consequence.
Yup. The conceit of there always being a heavy choice at the end eventually starts to wear because you know one is coming, but it’s a clear step forward in side quest design that the industry needs to study and build on.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yup. The conceit of there always being a heavy choice at the end eventually starts to wear because you know one is coming, but it’s a clear step forward in side quest design that the industry needs to study and build on.

I just agree to whatever so they gave me the reward and then kill them.

yamaci17

Finally finished it last night. GOAT-ed DLC for me. I'd put it above blood and wine, personally. Also helps that they revamped gameplay in the wake of this DLC.

Damn the endings hit hard like a truck. I felt similar when the main story ended but they somehow raised the stakes further. I don't know, maybe I really established a strong connection to the characters. I literally saw V in Songbird's eyes. That is too valuable. And made a very different experience than any other game achieve. Got the king of wands ending, and satisfied with it. I will keep fighting on.

Also played the king of swords + things done changed ending... damn. hit like 3x more. not a truck, a boatload of trucks hit me. I wouldn't want that fate for V. it just isn't... for me. but I can see the appeal for some.

This DLC was INCREDIBLE. almost every mission/quest is memorable and full of details and no FILLER quests. EVEN SIDE GIGS, most of them, are meaningful and packed with details and story telling. this DLC is the ultimate redemption for Cyberpunk. 100x more meaningful than fixing water physics or whatnot (still appreciated though). I want to replay now, I also want to replay in future. It is that good. Money well spent. Worth every penny. Preem stuff. Gonk out.

This DLC is by itself is great, right? But it also enhances the base game and its endings too. Gives a whole meaning to everything you did, you do and you are about to do. Adds another perspective to your relationship with Silverhand as well. It is just amazing.

Why I am satisfied with king of wands ending

I kill Reed. And this is good. He becomes miserable otherwise. He's just a shell of his former self. He's clearly contemplating his life choices. Practically I did him a favor

Saving Songbird. You remember how Kratos had to kill Baldr to break the "cycle" so they can 'better'? No one breaks the cycle for V. Sure, a lot of people try, but it is literally impossible for V to break the cycle. So what happens here? V has the chance to break that cycle for Songbird. So I saw that chance and took it. At the expense of me becoming miserable (but still having choices of my own with Arasaka/Alt), I gave Songbird a chance to live and survive and endure.

Alex still lives. And she's happy with me. The fact that she's not mad at me for killing Reed also tells me that she also approves his death (I know their relationship is weakened at that point but still. She recognizes what Reed has turned into at this point)

I don't care about being in the hit list Myers/NUSA. they cannot touch NC realistically. Also I became a NC/ afterlife legend, and be ally with Rogue regardless

So practically, back to square one. But with Songbird having a chance at survival. An actual chance this time, no twists (hopefully?) She may yet to get her "happy" ending.

In other words, I became aware that I won't able to make a good ending for myself, so I did my best for someone else to have their "happy" ending. So practically, story became about Songbird rather than me. AND I'M OKAY WITH THAT! Maybe that is V's destiny.

Jackie died so V can prosper.
V may die so Songbird can prosper.

Last edited:
Just finished the DLC. Wow. Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOAT. The spy narrative was meh, but what a ride and...

That ending hits hard asf, especially if you put in the time.

The conclusion of V's story is masterful, as everything comes full circle, it feels resolved with a finality that few stories are ever able to achieve.

Shame they won't dedicate a team to release DLC every 2 years until the sequel. I'm going to really miss Night City, Chooms.

Hugare

Came here to say this, because I've also just finished the sport academy gig and went "WOW, cant believe this was a gig"

The amount of unique stuff (setting, characters, animations) for a mission that many players may never experience is just madness. I was blown away.

CDPR went above and beyong with this expansion.

I’m really not sure how this fits into the main game - where to start it on my next playthrough. The stakes are so high that doing it as soon as it becomes available feels wrong. But the loot is so good that you’ll want to tool up asap. Anybody got any ideas?

In a way I wish it became available at a much later point in the main quest. Or that it was contingent on completing some later side quests.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I’m really not sure how this fits into the main game - where to start it on my next playthrough. The stakes are so high that doing it as soon as it becomes available feels wrong. But the loot is so good that you’ll want to tool up asap. Anybody got any ideas?

In a way I wish it became available at a much later point in the main quest. Or that it was contingent on completing some later side quests.

It become available once you are done with Voodoo Boys in Pacifica which depending on how you play the main game might be the last thing that you do before meeting Hanako in Embers. That's how I played the 2.0 update.

yamaci17

Just finished the DLC. Wow. Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOAT. The spy narrative was meh, but what a ride and...

That ending hits hard asf, especially if you put in the time.

The conclusion of V's story is masterful, as everything comes full circle, it feels resolved with a finality that few stories are ever able to achieve.

Shame they won't dedicate a team to release DLC every 2 years until the sequel. I'm going to really miss Night City, Chooms.
I still want my space citadel dlc dammit

Came here to say this, because I've also just finished the sport academy gig and went "WOW, cant believe this was a gig"

The amount of unique stuff (setting, characters, animations) for a mission that many players may never experience is just madness. I was blown away.

CDPR went above and beyong with this expansion.

that gig was top notch

Last edited:
Some games you want to end but with this game I just want more in this world.
I feel the same way. I just finished the main story today and am about 1/3 through the DLC. I'm 80ish hours into the game and I don't want it to end. I found myself just roaming around exploring the nooks and crannies of night city just to extend my playthrough. This game is an all timer. It was worth the wait!

hinch7

Man this game destroyed me.. lol. Finished all the PL endings and its been such a rollercoaster. Everything done near perfection with so many spectacular and gut-wrenching moments.. well all except from maybe one, and thats from a gamplay perspective
damn stupid robot.
CDPR really hit it out of the park with this expansion. Absolutely one of the most best DLC's I've played if not games I've played in years. It'll be hard to fill the boots of something so extrodinarally done and put together. I think the next game to do this for me may be GTA VI, but we'll see.

Sad to see we aren't getting anymore CP2077 for a good while, or universe.. at least as games go. Hopefully we'll get a new anime from colab before Studio Trigger and CDPR soon.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I actually just beat this today as well. I got one of the endings and probably will just YouTube the rest. Man there is so much to do and as somebody said earlier in the thread, even the side missions feel pretty relevant and cool with extra little story bits.

For me personally, this has to be one of the best if not the best expansion I've played ever. It's almost as long as the campaign and I didn't even do a lot of side stuff. And I love going back in tonight City and back and forth into the dlc. At one point when I was taking a break from phantom Liberty and went back to do a mission with Panam, I got a call back from Reed regarding a mission in dogtown. It just gave the game such a grand ceiling and like there is so many big things going around. It's kind of hard to appreciate and put a finger on things but the atmosphere with the characters and overall I have this sort of GTA fun Factor with killer visuals and aesthetic is pretty good.

In the meantime as I was beating the dlc, I received another call the which reminded me that I have so many other things that I haven't even done and little cool story but it's which I really want to see through because it's going to be hard to leave this world and wait however long for a sequel.

I'm going to have to alter my score and give the base game a 7.6 and PL a solid 8.7.

I love the possibility of the choices and like I ended up doing for the base game, I'm going to have to go and look at a breakdown of the different endings.

Looking forward to wrapping up a lot of the story and I still have a few weeks until Star Ocean 2 and that leaves me plenty of time.

Robust and worthwhile expansion.

Top Bottom