• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
I believe all of this is fake (there's a lot of proof just comparing the Digital Event trailer with this leak), yet the amount of work that the leaker put in these screens is incredible.

Ahnez

MRbYnE9.jpg
This Shulk looks pretty nice actually

Have a hard time believing any UX designer would sign off on that abominable layout of a 3DS screen. The renders look nice, I'll give them that.

I really don't want this to be real, I really don't know how to feel, the inconsistency in the bottom screen between the two images is a red flag, same with Shulk's art looking good but not as polished as anyone else.

Edit: Actually the biggest red flag is that Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario are separated from their franchises, and Shulk is in the row with the 3rd party characters. Maybe they're leaving space open for DLC/not the final roster... but this is probably fake

Berordn

Now this makes me suspicious...you can barely make out the stages that haven't been seen yet, bar the obvious GB Kirby Level.

And they're just pumping it full of Brawl stages to make it look complete. Which isn't impossible I guess, but I think we all know to expect more than half the stage roster to be original?

This all seems pretty real to me, with a few exceptions of course. I'll happily eat crow if this all ends up being an elaborate fake. I don't want this to be real.

But I will say, this all reminds me almost exactly of how people reacted when the Brawl leak that no one wanted to be real ended up being real.

Pikma

Banned
At this point, I seriously don't know.
Seriously, what the fuck? I take a nap and when I come back, everything went to shit.

All I know that can help is that ESRB doesn't play any of the games they rate, that's not their job, so that ESRB tag is bullshit. I doubt they even own game systems there, I mean, why would they?

Just upload them all to imgur and post them all at once, this drip-feed stuff is really dumb. If you've got stuff, regardless of if you think it's fake or not, post it.

Masked Man

I said wow
I want to believe, but not if it means Lucas is cut. ;____;

Based on that CSS, there's still room for five or so more characters (including Mii Fighters). I assume that Chorus Kids have not yet been unlocked? Assuming that it's real, of course.
Even if it's fake, that Duck Hunt render is incredible!

4kpaWhS.png

what a cruel world we live in...

A cruel world, indeed... (Captain Toad is love!)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
And they're just pumping it full of Brawl stages to make it look complete. Which isn't impossible I guess, but I think we all know to expect more than half the stage roster to be original?

Honestly, I've been thinking Sakurai might skimp out a bit on the 3DS with stages...

I mean no DK or Metroid stage is suspicious, and how we've seen their old stages already.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hmmm.

Guys and gals.

I. Don't. Believe. This.

Although.....

Wasn't there a leak about this similar roster before? With Duck Hunt Dog? Maybe from Smashboards..

Kouichi

If this is true, then my guess on why Lucina, Dr.Mario, and Dark Pit are together is because they are all former alt costumes turned playable characters. If this is fake, then that was probably the reasoning the faker had.

Thorakai

brehs it isn't a big deal if people think this is true and it turns out to be fake

there ain't no competition going on to see which person gets fooled the least

I hope not anyway. I don't post much here to know.

Vuapol

I don't believe this 'leak' is real, nor do I really want it to be, but I gotta give kudos to the 'leaker'. Looks like a lot of effort went into it.

Very entertaining, and I have gotten a bit of my hype back after seeing what the game may look like.

Hmmm.

Guys and gals.

I. Don't. Believe. This.

Although.....

Wasn't there a leak about this similar roster before? With Duck Hunt Dog? Maybe from Smashboards..

Yes, there was, a few weeks to go. Plenty of time for someone to look at that roster, say, "hey, this rumor is getting some traction! Lemme make some fake photos to 'confirm' it!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmmm.

Guys and gals.

I. Don't. Believe. This.

Although.....

Yeah.

Popular theory was Smashboards made that leak to trick fake leakers.

This could be them all working together to make a huge fake leak and trick everyone...although it's risky. For example, what if Sakurai revealed, say, Ness or Wario tonight? It's all for naught.

Ryce

Username is ESRB implying that this is a rating copy
Uh, the ESRB doesn't actually play the game. This leak is dead on arrival.

HowStuffWorks said:
When a publisher plans to release a game, they submit an application to the ESRB. Then they send a video of footage from the actual game, including the most extreme examples of potentially offensive content and overall game play. The raters view this footage -- they never actually play the game -- and assign it an ESRB rating (for example, E (Everyone) for a game that is suitable for ages 6 and over).

Oswen

If this is true i'll be mad for the Ice Climbers cut (and Mewtwo, again).

I don't want to believe it though! Something seems off despite Duck Hunt and Shulk renders being well done.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
brehs it isn't a big deal if people think this is true and it turns out to be fake

there ain't no competition going on to see which person gets fooled the least

I hope not anyway. I don't post much here to know.
Yes there is. It's time for #TeamFake vs #TeamReal to rise up once more!

Juansho

Banned
I have absolutely no talent. I assure you.

Anyway,

B2BOrgt.png

Fake because:

1.- Characters that are yet not confirmed officially, look really off, like ganondorf, wario, and G&W
2.- Yoshi is badly placed, he separates Rosalina and Bowser JR from the Mario franchise characters, and yoshi is not considerated to be a Mario franchise characters, since he has his own icon and franchise.
3.- Why put Dr mario, Dark Pit, Lucina at the bottom? Since toon link and falco are already on the right places where their franchises belong?
4.- Shulk should not be at the bottom, since he is no 3rd party, and does not belong to the "3rd party line", he should be placed at the upper line, doing that, the penultimate line would be completed and no blank spaces would make the roster ugly

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If this is true, then my guess on why Lucina, Dr.Mario, and Dark Pit are together is because they are all former alt costumes turned playable characters.

That would make sense but why the space seem to be weird unless they are making a space for DLC characters in the future?

I'm going to backed up the pictures since people linked 4chan. best fake ever ever since Palutena.

IuO4n9P.jpg

mwvdGUO.png

Are people seriously contemplating that this might be real? What is wrong with you?
I don't understamd if people are joking. The roster is fake. DHD and Shulk look cool but come on... would Sakurai really make the dog look like that and not the way everyone knows?

9FwvSOn.png

aRsuQDz.png

esrb certainly does not play the games and if they did they certainly would not play them on their magical no-gap-between-top-screen-and-bottom-screen 3DS

Yeah, being an "ESRB leaker" is impossible because they don't get the games, they get documents detailing the content of the games and then video footage of what those documents describe.

Top Bottom