• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid (PSP) announced - aka Monster Hunter Warriors

duckroll

In next week's Jump, Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid has been announced for the PSP. This new Dynasty Warriors title is based on Chinese mythology and features multiplayer co-op play where players band together to fight hordes of monsters and presumably bosses.

So, Musou = 1 million, Monster Hunter = 2 million......... biggest PSP game ever confirmed? Oh wait, this isn't a Namco Bandai game.... nevermind! :lol

Vorador

Banned
Then why it's called Shin Shangoku if it's not related to the historical period? :p

I guess Koei just want to use the name of the franchise for a new title.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Coming right off the Gundam Musou 2 and Musou Orochi Maou Saorin PSP announcements too, LOL. Koei's crankin' 'em out!

Defuser

I wonder how if Koei will blatantly do the same of commercial like Sega tried to do the same thing similar to Capcom.

The pie sure is so nom nom nom.

Well, Warriors Orochi on PSP has been a sleeper hit with me. It's a solid game, definitely not breaking new ground, but doesn't lose a frame as you slam twenty or so fellows into next week. I'm looking forward to this one.

Sort of doing the balance thing at the moment, playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI for the strategy workout, while enjoying the gratuitous silliness of Orochi for kicks.

(Pimpspace - RoTKXI on PC is glorious. Well worth the cash. PuK or not.)

Koei, I'll always be there for you. As will a stack of other classy folk.

Shadow780

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
GIANT ENEMY CRAB ATTACK!

ATTACK ITS WEAK POINTS FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

lbp-giantenemycrabs.jpg

Jonnyram said:
Will wait for the inevitable PS3/360 version. Should be fun with voice chat.

I doubt it this time, even given the history of Koei making every Musou game multiplatform. This will be the first ORIGINAL (ie. non-port) PSP title from Koei I suppose, and we all know why they choose to release it on PSP this time.

duckroll

Oh and looks like the game is slated for "this Winter"..... another title planning to ride the hype wave of the PS3 ad-hoc matchmaking service?

Mr. Pointy said:
In conclusion, the PSP will get nothing but MH-clones and anime games for the rest of its lifespan.

well if those are the types of games that are actually selling can you blame them?

the comp for MH styles games is still pretty low right now (MHP2G and PSP) so they might be able to grab some sales right now.

also if the rumor about Agito being a MH style game are true, koei would be wise to try to get a little market share before SE joins the battle.

Riskbreaker23 said:
also if the rumor about Agito being a MH style game are true, koei would be wise to try to get a little market share before SE joins the battle.
Man, that'll be a bloodbath.

I was kind of expecting some more fighting games from this PSP upswing. Macross Ace Frontier looks nice.

Top Bottom