• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 09/10/08 - Jeff Green's Final Podcast

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Hey lybertyboy will you guys have the video up in WMV by any chance? I know it'll be super long so I understand if you can't do it.

senahorse

A sad day indeed. Hope to hear you on occasion (especially considering Ziff is 'kind of' on your way home from the new gig) and again all the best at EA Jeff.

mileS

:lol I was in tears after the second break omg that was great.

I really don't know what to say. My msg to Jeff was in the big thread so i'm not going to bother saying the same shit all over again here.

Gonna miss you a bunch Jeff GL with everything and i'll gladly buy you Peggle 3 when it comes out :D

Best part of this podcast and Ryans best contribution thus far

Robert mentions he was treated differently when wearing glasses in college.

Ryan: "Did they punch you more?"
Robert: "Uh, no"
Ryan: "No?"
Robert: "No. Not at all."
*uncomfortable silence*
Ryan: "You had a better school life than I did..."

Broseybrose

thanks to jeffs new blog i have learned that brodeo is in the urban dictionary!

1. Brodeo

A get-together or a party where the attendance is prodominantly male.
So many dudes got wasted at Lou's brodeo out in Idaho.

2. Brodeo

A reference to GFW radio, known as 97.5 The Brodeo.
I was listening to the Brodeo on my way to work.

how awesome is that?

seriously, shawn... ryan... keep the show alive. its what jeff wouldve wanted, were he still alive.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Ending the show because Jeff left? Don't get me wrong, I like Jeff and all, and its a big loss. But I think you guys are certainly up to the task of carrying on without him. Do it.

Truant

Is the 'DON'T CLICK.EVER' link from Shawn's Twitter really that bad?

It seems like just a .jpeg, but I don't want to have infinite popups or whatnot.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Truant said:

It seems like just a .jpeg, but I don't want to have infinite popups or whatnot.

You'd probably be best off without that picture in your mind.

Of all the putrid shit Shawn has sent me, I was more than glad to send that pic his way.

Even if you're self employed, you'll get fired for looking at that shit.

Variable

Getting my GOG.com beta invite today does not outweigh the sadness I feel. Jeff, I really hope you guest on GFW radio at least a few times each year.

eznark

Banned
I was sort of on the fence about Jeff Green until Robert's endorsement of "you're not a total fuck-wit," now I am on board.

John Wesley Harding seals the deal.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Truant said:

Goddamn curiosity.

Goddamn.

gloone

I know which site that image is from. There's a whole site with disabled people having sex with each other.

A membership is like $70!

An all-time classic podcast, very fitting ending for the original Brodeo. Good luck to Jeff, and I expect great things from the new Brodeo or whatever it will be known as.

Raide

Thats was some good stuff. Not really laughed at a podcast like that in ages! :D

Sooo..when can we expect the BrodEA is kick off with Jeff as host? :D

randomwab

Wow, the podcast was amazing. I was laughing so hard at times, Shawn calling out his "haters", Bobito's comments about "Can you put your nuts in it?" and the ending was fantastic with Jeff killing his mouth on air.

I will miss Jeff, but I agree with him and some other guys here, you can continue the podcast Shawn and co. Take this as your chance to relaunch it without the GFW branding (just don't drop the Brodeo name!) and come back stronger than ever.

I'm waiting with anticipation for next weeks GFW to see what's going to happen.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
sykoex said:
Hey lybertyboy will you guys have the video up in WMV by any chance? I know it'll be super long so I understand if you can't do it.

Due to time constraints, just .mp4.

yonder

Excellent final podcast with Jeff. Really looking forward to seeing what the guys do from now on with the show. I have total faith that they can do something awesome (as they've proved before) on their own.

And once again, good luck Jeff! :)

Yonn said:
Excellent final podcast with Jeff. Really looking forward to seeing what the guys do from now on with the show. I have total faith that they can do something awesome (as they've proved before) on their own.

And once again, good luck Jeff! :)

On a positive note I can't wait to hear what they do. I think it will be part 70's variety hour and part journey into madness.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i'm sorry to keep requesting this, but i dont think anyone has responded yet.

does anybody have a clip or link to the gfw radio promo rap voiced by jeff? i've been itching to listen to this since it was announced he was leaving, and i havent been able to find it anywhere.

Archaon

"Delivering trash" had me in tears. :lol

Good luck to Jeff and hopefully he can make guest appearances on the Brodeo (please continue doing shows) occasionally.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Jeff was a good man, but I think the show must go on. It will feel empty without him however.
Maybe after a few months some poor bastard could fill his shoes.

I'd kindof like an "off topic" podcast with these cats.

DangerStepp

Truant said:
I'm at work, but I have my own office. What is it?
Yeah... no one ever needs to see that picture. I clicked on it before heading out for work and couldn't finish my frosted mini wheats.

It's quite possibly the most damaging picture I've ever seen.

That said, great podcast, guys. It's a sad day knowing that it's Jeff's last. Kudos! ;)

Yeah yeah, I'm sorry for doubting you, Shawn. I just know the couple of times Jeff's been on vacation you usually do something different. Which, you know, is probably just because it's a chance to do something different. I didn't mean to bring anybody down on the whole "Jeff keeps Shawn in check" thing. I mean, you probably already know that I will of course keep listening despite me saying the dumb thing I said in the other thread.

Gowans

great show, really enjoyed it this week and with it Jeff Green will definitely be missed as a trusted and entertaining media source. All the best in the future work in EA, hope you have a great time and enjoy it and that we hear how you do (bookmarked your blog).

But with every change it gives a new opportunity, GFW Radio is my easily my fave podcast and it smainly down to all the guys who contribute to it. Its really entertaining and to me always felt like the silent observer of some great guys bullshiting about stuff.

Here's hoping the remaining team keep together and give us something different but just as good.

Top Bottom