• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Win 8 tablet and use all of that stuff and think it's great, but I don't really use it on my desktop and don't like it much with the mouse.
I generally stick to the desktop on both my SP2 and main PC but I can't say I dislike it at all. It's not even something I think about, it's as basic a motion as can be. Takes less than a second to put the mouse in the corner and move it up, although I do use a high DPI mouse :p

In totalbiscuit's case, he actually is great at making videos.
image.php

Rizzi

Whenever steam tries to download the update for Wasteland 2, it uses all the available space on my hdd, and stops downloading.
halp

Jawmuncher

Finished both routes in Pyrite Heart.
Thought it was a nice little game for the 1.5 hours it took for both endings.
The choices here are pretty straight forward since it's a small VN. So getting the actual endings is very easy.
There's only one other part to see after getting both endings, which is who wins and who looses a Jeopardy game.
there's some funny scenes regarding who wins that. It's worth playing if you have any interest in it or want to dabble into some Otome.
It's also very tasteful for younger audiences nothing worse here than a PG film if even that

Ok stay with me here

What if hl3 went the beyonce/jay z/yeezus route and was stealthily released with steam os?

8488c835_66awbkn.gif

a man can dream ;_;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok stay with me here

What if hl3 went the beyonce/jay z/yeezus route and was stealthily released with steam os?

8488c835_66awbkn.gif

a man can dream ;_;

If anything, L4D3 would be released alongside SteamOS. The JIRA leaks from last year paint a rather clear picture that it's further along in development than HL3.

I feel like a stealth release is right up valve's alley. Too bad they rolling in the dota/steam bucks to have any real motivation

WE DESERVE AN ENDING

Now im just going to buy that half life pack, play through it, and sadly weep myself to sleep

Pakkidis

Here's a puzzle for a Sunday evening: What would it cost to buy every single game currently available on Steam at the lowest price they were ever offered* in US currency? (no grey-market region stuff)?

* This is actually more complex than it seems, because you need to include bundles, and the price-per-game in the bundle differs depending on how many games you are sourcing from the bundle. So for example if a game is in an 8-for-$5 bundle, then the cost could be as low as $0.62 or as high as $5 depending on how many of the other games were not available elsewhere for cheaper; also, Greenlight bundles only count games that were greenlit and released, so you'd have to track that as well.

Clearly you'd start by pulling the lowest recorded price on Steam/GMG/Amazon/GF/etc, and that'd be your upper bound, but the bundle calculation would be very tricky especially given that something like 900-1000 games on Steam have been in bundles.

Almost impossible to get an exact answer because of all the sales and bundles.

I think a better solution is to find the average price of games multiplied by the total number of games on steam. That should give you a ballpark figure. Then subtract 50% assuming that is the average sale price as well.

Started playing Wolfenstein The New Order (pc verson on steam with a 360 controller) and I must really suck at this game. I'm stuck at the very beginning. A mechanical dog thingy blocks my path. The text prompt says something about running side to side. The graphic looks like you run towards it, then hit b to go under it. Everything I've tried meets with death. :\ any ideas?

Started playing Wolfenstein The New Order (pc verson on steam with a 360 controller) and I must really suck at this game. I'm stuck at the very beginning. A mechanical dog thingy blocks my path. The text prompt says something about running side to side. The graphic looks like you run towards it, then hit b to go under it. Everything I've tried meets with death. :\ any ideas?

Not sure what to suggest, you hold the run button and then tap the crouch button to slide. On the controller you might have to hold the stick in to run.

Saw your post, and went to steam store to see Wolfenstein: TNO's price history(16 keys on dispenser.tf btw), and found this shit.

Acitivision are you even trying?

Gvaz

Banned
They also seem to have forgotten what made Dead Rising 2 good.

The series is about mastery of a space.

Dead Rising 3 is like 'lol yeah so whatever, let's make time management just not a thing at all ok."

Quirky game where you build guns to kill zombies? Fun, but not really what Dead Rising is about, y'know?

That affects UserData and DepotCache as well? I thought it just did Steamapps.

I actually would prefer if they made time management not a thing. I played a bit of my friend's DR3 and I got bored in like 2 hours. I just wanna fuck around and kill zombies but there's nothing to really explore, and the clock makes me nervous even on "easy" or whatever it was that had a normal clock. That should really be increased by 2 because the story is boring.

jholmes

Decided to bite and give away the half of the Humble Weekly Bundle I wasn't planning on playing. Free to a good home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-A29CBDF35AAED9B0 - Taken by Lomax
The Cat Lady -- MB-98B0EAE311EE5669 - Taken by dante81
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-4686081330523664 - Taken by darkchewie

I had to search what it means and I still don't have any idea :/.

That's OK. I looked up my own reference (to show you the error of your ways) only to discover that it's woefully out of date and now irrelevant.

Bit of a bummer.

Now no one will ever discover wuju style... ever again.

Nice, the Humble Weekly includes the soundtrack of The Cat Lady. Some of my favorite tracks include Lily of the Valley, I Have Mouth But I Can't Scream, and Two Stone Rings.

Also, some games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Cat Lady -- MB-1E7E652023DFDF63 - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-954D1958D5B105C0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.

t1411963144z1.png

Man I'm watching Deadman Wonderland right now. It's so messed up, but its touching at the same time.

God it's a bit hard to watch.

I've read it a while ago, but haven't watched it. It was quite sad and twisted from what I could remember.

Shadownet

Banned
There's something new to watch. Thanks :)
I can handle anything after "Grave of the Fireflies"

Grave of the Fireflies was excellent. Nothing get sadder than that.

Beside Deadman Wonderland which is available on Netflix. I'm also watching Noragami (Netflix) and Agame ga Kill (Crunchyroll). 3 very good anime so far.

Jawmuncher

Do we know if we can make female character in Dragon Ball Xenoverse?
I'll buy it if I can. It coming to steam is still pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom