• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SSM25 said:
wasn't gamestop supposed to send something via e-mail?, I haven't got anything....

I got an actual code printed on a paper that I had to enter into the R2 beta site and they will email me the actual code.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
we havent sent out codes yet to gamestop folks or qore because it wasn't ready to be downloaded (the file has been ready since Tuesday, but PSN was doing upgrades, as you may know, which pushed out us out a bit)

Apparently some folks got voucher codes already, though I'm not sure how (press should have them).

Anyways, the game servers are still locked until we actually go, so the only advantage is having it already downloaded and ready.

jstevenson said:
we havent sent out codes yet to gamestop folks or qore because it wasn't ready to be downloaded (the file has been ready since Tuesday, but PSN was doing upgrades, as you may know, which pushed out us out a bit)

Apparently some folks got voucher codes already, though I'm not sure how (press should have them).

Anyways, the game servers are still locked until we actually go, so the only advantage is having it already downloaded and ready.

Given that it's over 2 Gigs ( 0_o ), that's a pretty big advantage!

jstevenson said:

Can't Wait!! :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jstevenson said:

You're amazing <3

Snipes424

jstevenson said:

Thank you for the update!

Enojado

jstevenson said:

:D Good to hear. Hopefully this means we can play the beta tomorrow.

Im hoping Play.com has sent me my Beta code as they had today as the date they would send info on how to access the Beta which would be ready for Friday. I just have to wait to get home before i can check my hotmail account (damn Home Office internet block!).

BeeDog

Dirtyshubb said:
Im hoping Play.com has sent me my Beta code as they had today as the date they would send info on how to access the Beta which would be ready for Friday. I just have to wait to get home before i can check my hotmail account (damn Home Office internet block!).

Thanks for reminding me, I also want my beta code from Play.com today. (aka still haven't got it)

Wollan

Do anyone know if the Qore beta access will be attained with a redeem code (like Socom) or just straight download from the episode?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the beta is close right ?
Hope it is tomorrow so i can play all the weekend :D

BeeDog said:
Thanks for reminding me, I also want my beta code from Play.com today. (aka still haven't got it)
Just read on the official PS3 forums someone called Play.com and they said they have 15,000 e-mails to send to all the people who Pre-ordered, this is all done 1 by 1!
Dont fear though they did say they will all be out by 5:30PM :D

Dirtyshubb said:
Just read on the official PS3 forums someone called Play.com and they said they have 15,000 e-mails to send to all the people who Pre-ordered, this is all done 1 by 1!
Dont fear though they did say they will all be out by 5:30PM :D

Sweet hope i get one or i will be canceling order and going elsewhere.:lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guled said:
so close, the excitement is killing me
Yeah, the excitement made me make that Ted + Randy picture :D

It has to be tomorrow ,just before weekend.

Fersis

Mardil said:
so... play knows when it'll begin but not insomniac?
Its a rumour only. When they know the exact date, JStevenson will announce it i think.

BUT im hoping tht tomorrow is the 'B' day (B for BETA got it ? :D ) .

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone know if the gift card promotion that comes with the game at Circuit City is for preorders, or will it run all the way through the release date?

Fersis

Just posted once again on official PS3 forums and now updated on Play.com :

"Access to the Resistance 2 BETA. Requires PlayStation Network access. Instructions will be emailed on or before Monday 20th October for customers who have already pre-ordered and will be included in this offer. Access to the BETA is now fully subscribed. BETA runs from 20th October to 13th November 2008."

They are meant to be having problems with their e-mail service so thats why it has now changed the date of when you get the code, also it looks like the beta will start monday if their date is anything to go by :(

Fersis

Pai Pai Master said:
One of the mods on MyRes said it would be today.

Though MyRes is down now.
I dont know were ,but ive read or heard that in the public beta we will see a tiny part of the new myresistance ...
Daaaaaamn im so pumpeeed...!!!!

Fersis

Whaaaaaat ?
The BETA last until novemeber 13?!!!

The UK Resistance 2 public beta will kick off on Monday 20 October and will run through to 13 November, Sony has confirmed to CVG.

From what i understand the start date is only for the UK and the US should be getting it today/tomorrow i think which is quite shit TBH, as usual Europe gets shafted but im sure its a lot harder to sort things out for us so i can understand.

Just got back from work and still dont have no code but at least now i know it should be here Monday at the latest in time for the Beta.

Fersis

Maybe its until the 13th on Europe only?
mhmhmmh we need JStevenson here...:D

EDIT: Europe BETA starts later because R2 is released later on europe.
And according to CVG the US BETA starts today.

GodofWine

Everytime this thread is posted in, I SWEAR its someone saying "CODES ARE OUT"....

can we make a gentlemens agreement that this thread gets no bumps until its out??!?!?!!? :lol

( I know..not a chance!)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Europe's start and end dates will be different than the US due to the differences in release date.

I'll be in the office briefly this morning, but after that I'll be doing demos around town and I'm going to an event tonight. Will keep you updated when I can, but in theory, the invites should be going out this morning/early afternoon for Gamestop/Qore folks.

jmonteiro

jstevenson said:
Europe's start and end dates will be different than the US due to the differences in release date.

I'll be in the office briefly this morning, but after that I'll be doing demos around town and I'm going to an event tonight. Will keep you updated when I can, but in theory, the invites should be going out this morning/early afternoon for Gamestop/Qore folks.

Awesome news! Thank you

Top Bottom