• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A silly question : Is gonna be a DEMO like R1 had ?
Because here (Argentina) games arent released officially so i have to buy it from a couple of importers who rip me off (80-90 dollars each game :mad: ) and they usually take like 2 or 3 weeks from the release date to get it.
ie: MGS4 i got it 2 weeks after the release.
So when everyone plays R2 think on Fersis ...:D
Sooooo... a demo would be nice to enjoy until i get R2 .

Sorry for my english.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Hi guys!

I was alittle frustrated last night. :p No sleep and huge projects due makes a man insane.

I'd actually like to get rid of that Qore episode too.

Ploid 3.0

I hope a demo is out like a week before launch to help ease my waiting pain. Well if I don't get other games between now and R2. Thinking about it though. I'll definitely get PSN games however. If I take my mind off of R2 the waiting won't be so bad though.

RavenFox

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I hope a demo is out like a week before launch to help ease my waiting pain. Well if I don't get other games between now and R2. Thinking about it though. I'll definitely get PSN games however. If I take my mind off of R2 the waiting won't be so bad though.

Wait I thought you agreed with a poster in another thread that no good games are coming for PS3?? Here you are in a R2 thread. lol thumbs up dude your performance is spectacular.

Ploid 3.0

RavenFox said:
Wait I thought you agreed with a poster in another thread that no good games are coming for PS3?? Here you are in a R2 thread. lol thumbs up dude your performance is spectacular.

Sorry I was being sarcastic. I tend to leave my (sarcasim) bubble out if I think it's obvious and will kill the effect if I add it. Will go and edit the post now and clear up some stuff if people quoted me.

I'm up to my neck in games, and I have to cherry pick them. I even considered doing gamefly for bioshock, and deadspace. I want saints row 2 now but don't want to get burned like GTA4 so I'm waiting for gaf to sink it's teeth into it. Or until someone figure out that after mission X he can't have fun with it after unlocking the final island to finally explore and do crazy stuff.

RavenFox

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Sorry I was being sarcastic. I tend to leave my (sarcasim) bubble out if I think it's obvious and will kill the effect if I add it. Will go and edit the post now and clear up some stuff if people quoted me.
Dude then by all means my humblest apologies. I was like wtf?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OK, JStevenson i understand that you cant tell us when the BETA starts BUT can you tell us when it ends???

Ploid 3.0 said:

I'm up to my neck in games, and I have to cherry pick them. I even considered doing gamefly for bioshock, and deadspace. I want saints row 2 now but don't want to get burned like GTA4 so I'm waiting for gaf to sink it's teeth into it. Or until someone figure out that after mission X he can't have fun with it after unlocking the final island to finally explore and do crazy stuff.

Gamefly both of those games and pick up LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2.

I beat BioShock once and never played it again

The real reason we shall never has beta

jstevenson said:
n17201011_36237676_2575.jpg

YAY!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Quick question (sorry, no time to review the whole thread):

For those that pre-ordered at Gamestop and enteredin their beta code, was this a guarantee at the beta or a better shot for premier access?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
djblackice said:
Quick question (sorry, no time to review the whole thread):

For those that pre-ordered at Gamestop and enteredin their beta code, was this a guarantee at the beta or a better shot for premier access?
Guaranteed premier access.

Is it too late to offer my "beta" code if I've already activated it and waiting for the 2nd (final?) e-mail? Couldn't care less right now. The game is no longer a day one.... LBP!

Doc Evils

RoboPlato said:
It gets a lot better toward the end. As to the EDGE article, didn't they not like the first Resistance much either?

They only like games that have MS jizz dripping from their lips. (read halo)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Is it too late to offer my "beta" code if I've already activated it and waiting for the 2nd (final?) e-mail? Couldn't care less right now. The game is no longer a day one.... LBP!
As far as I can tell they're going to email the actual beta codes so you can just give that away when you get the email.

Fersis

Doc Evils said:
They only like games that have MS jizz dripping from their lips. (read halo)
o_O

EDGE wants to be elitist

Fersis

McLovin said:
Any chance Sony would let us get Killzone beta instead? I don't think R2 beta is gonna happen :/
Awwww man, dont say that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MoonsaultSlayer said:

I will gladly accept your beta code. I think they will be emailing the actual code once the beta starts.

FirewalkR

That EDGE magazine article should have been posted online with a disclaimer that it is months old (or not at all), it is deceptive, especially because in the website it is dated 14th october iirc.

Fersis

Im gonna play some Resistance :FOM to wait the beta:D

Fersis

Ok, so if this doesnt make Insomniac to release the BETA i dont know what can do it:
TedMachoPriceSavage.jpg

Yeah, just showing some love ...
Randy Macho Man Savage + Ted Price

Sean

Banned
EktorPR said:
So I take this beta's sole purpose is to test the servers...since the game is coming in 2 weeks, you know.

It's really just a demo at this point - I'm quite sure the game is already gold, it's not like they'd be able to fix any issues in time for release day.

Just that calling it a beta gets more hype, more coverage, gets people to pre-order, keeps the game constantly in peoples minds (as this thread proves), etc. It's a smart marketing tactic.

mittelos

Yeah, if you go to the end of that thread, the guy claimed that he was downloading the beta, then it looks like the thread was locked.

A admin has posted a new topic concerning that.

It's coming.

There is a problem with a download. Stop trying. If we were ready for you, we would have made an announcement. It very well may or may not work and UNTIL we make an official announcement via these forums and/or email blasts, we will *not* support you.

beta.myresistance.net is not ready for you either. It's not asking for your credentials, it's locked so that we can finish development.

Please, a few moments/minutes/hours of patience. Wink

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=80253.0

Snipes424

Private Hoffman said:
looks like it should go up tomorrow

That would be pretty awesome if it came true. But for us Qore subscribers, we are still missing our beta keys and I wish I could receive an update on that. I mean have you guys heard anything Qore subscirbers beta keys?

Snipes424 said:
That would be pretty awesome if it came true. But for us Qore subscribers, we are still missing our beta keys and I wish I could receive an update on that. I mean have you guys heard anything Qore subscirbers beta keys?

Nearly everyone is missing their actual beta keys.

GameStop dudes had to sign up on the GameStop site and input a different code, I think. And then they will get a new email with the real code.

I'm a Qore subscriber and hope it goes out instantly along with everyone else..

Sean

Banned
Wait, you Qore guys didn't get in early? I thought that was the whole point of it, to get early access to these kinda things before the rest of us.

Sean

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Oh, we should. We just haven't received our codes yet.

Does that mean if the beta does release tomorrow it'll be for you Qore guys only? Hope the rest of us won't have to wait another week.

Sean said:
Does that mean if the beta does release tomorrow it'll be for you Qore guys only? Hope the rest of us won't have to wait another week.

Qore subscribers and people that pre-ordered will get in at the same time.

Chris_C said:
What episode of Qore gives access to the download again?
EDIT: Nvm, September

It should be noted that if you just purchase that episode then you won't get in at the start. You'll have to wait until it goes into the open access period.

Mardil

SolidSnakex said:
It should be noted that if you just purchase that episode then you won't get in at the start. You'll have to wait until it goes into the open access period.
That should be around... two days?

Top Bottom