• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Sony is "Working Diligently" on The Last Guardian

dmr87

In an interview with Weekly Famitsu, the fact that many of the upcoming games for the PS4 were multi-platform releases was brought up. "I think it's fine to start from there." Yoshida said. "If the number of PS4 users increases from there and they tell their friends, 'the games look prettier on the PS4,' or 'the loading time's faster,' or 'using the SHARE function is fun' then the sales for PS4 versions of games will increase and game creators may think 'let's focus on developing for the PS4 from here.'"

The interviewer noted that if for the time being, third party developers were making multi-platform games, then the role of first party games would be extremely important. Yoshida agreed. "Yes. We need to show why buying a PS4 is a good idea through our games."

Of course, on the topic of first party games, the obvious elephant in the room could not be avoided. The interview was concluded with the final question: "What can you tell us about The Last Guardian?"

Yoshida's response: "Development couldn't be better."

A quote he quickly followed with, "... That might be a bit of an exaggeration (laugh). We continue to work diligently on the game, so please look forward to it."

*sigh* We've been looking forward to it for 5 years now.

http://kotaku.com/sony-is-working-diligently-on-the-last-guardian-1641555301

8fb.gif

"Working Diligently"

Kathian

Banned
You could literally call any game THE LAST GUARDIAN and stick a dog sequence in it for all we actually know about this game.

Kriken

That one guy on the weekend is working his aas off to make sure those trees look as next gen as possible

Bishop89

They should have released footage or screens. I know they want this huge media blowout, but people have lost their patience.

Amir0x

Banned
YEAH TAKE THAT Y2KEV

TAKE THAT HARD

Also: lmfao @ his quick qualifier. "Development is going as well as can be! Well, actually, not true of course but... pretty good anyway!"

sphinx

the piano man
this thread may end up with the same snarky pissy comments that always flood TLG threads but this is pretty reassuring no matter how people look at it.

even if it releases in 2017 the game will be released.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Just put out something so Sony can move on....

It will disappoint regardless

Yep the hype has build to impossible levels. Even if it's the best game of all time it will still fail to live up to gamer's expectations.

I'm expecting a re-reveal sometime next year.... I'm sure of it 100%.

and lol @ all who think that after all these years sony is just going to cancel the game.. come on.

Myggen

this thread may end up with the same snarky pissy comments that always flood TLG threads but this is pretty reassuring no matter how people look at it.

even if releases in 2017 the game will be released.

But they've been saying this shit for years and we've not seen anything of the game in years. Key parts of the development team has moved on. People have a good reason to be cynical about anything coming from Sony in regards to TLG at this point.

I'm expecting a re-reveal sometime next year.... I'm sure of it 100%.

and lol @ all who think that after all these years sony is just going to cancel the game.. come on.

Games are cancelled all the time. This might've been in development for a long time, but it's not unheard of for companies to cancel games after years in development (see: Titan, as a recent example).

MormaPope

Banned

even if releases in 2017 the game will be released.

So much time and energy put into a game that will probably end up being good and maybe excellent. Hell, the game isn't what it once was probably. It could be some sort of Japanese God of War clone now.

At this point I'd rather he just say something like "We're not going to discuss TLG until we have something to announce". Saying development couldn't be better seems like an odd phrase to use given what this game has been through.

They should have released footage or screens. I know they want this huge media blowout, but people have lost their patience.

They don't want to reveal anything until they're sure it's ready, and they have a release date in mind. Basically they want to avoid a repeat of its reveal first time around.

Top Bottom