• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

more evidence of Nintendo's worst kept secret (smash wii u/amiibos 11/21/14)

Grizzo

Smash U + Pokémon Oméga + Mario Kart 8 DLC. November is gonna be quite a busy month on the Nintendo front.

Deadstar

I wish all amiibos stuck on their base without any weird plastic stick piece. I feel like those would break too easily.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The reason Nintendo is not coming out clean with 21 Nov is to keep us guessing and speculating, forgetting to focus on how little stuff they have released this year. And when they inevitably announce it, it will feel like a victory and a big relief, that Nintendo against all odds could make it - again directing attention away from the sparse rest of the lineup.

Incredibly well played.

Pikma

Banned
Anything that isn't next year is a win in my book.
It was never in doubt, it's just that the people that ever dared to bring that up are the perfect example of speculation out of their ass

The reason Nintendo is not coming out clean with 21 Nov is to keep us guessing and speculating, forgetting to focus on how little stuff they have released this year. And when they inevitably announce it, it will feel like a victory and a big relief, that Nintendo against all odds could make it - again directing attention away from the sparse rest of the lineup.

Incredibly well played.
Oh conspiracy theories, that's a new twist, I like it

Incredibly well played.
They more likely don't want to immediately steal thunder away from the 3DS version of Smash or Bayonetta 2 which comes out later this month and needs all the attention it can
but won't
get.

Toparaman

Banned

Incredibly well played.

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Haines

Banned

Incredibly well played.

Or you know..just to stop people from ignoring the 3ds version

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
They more likely don't want to immediately steal thunder away from the 3DS version of Smash or Bayonetta 2 which comes out later this month and needs all the attention it can
but won't
get.

That be my wager.

It's far too confusing to the broad shopper to have two different release dates out in the market. focus key messaging on 3ds sku and date since its first, then flip to wii u messagubf

FillerB

Fifth of december for the EU according to Twitter.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/519443179683463168
0uT5E2a.png

12 euros NoE?
Yeah, thats going to work in europe when the infinity figures cost 9.

Hope is only for this crazy french magazine though. Ive seen better prices already fro smash and bayonetta 1+2

EDIT
13,99?
HAHAHAHAHA Yeah right, not a chance.

Tybolt

Banned
About the price, isn't it Nintendo's prerogative to be Apple-like in this situation by selling an inferior, lesser-supported product (I can't see the amiibo thing lasting more than like, the initial set of games before Nintendo shelves it forever -- they've NEVER supported peripherals, remember all the OTHER ONES you have already? It's doubtful they'd start now...) but with name power behind it so it can be sold as the alleged premium product. Par for the course?

WillyFive

About the price, isn't it Nintendo's prerogative to be Apple-like in this situation by selling an inferior, lesser-supported product (I can't see the amiibo thing lasting more than like, the initial set of games before Nintendo shelves it forever -- they've NEVER supported peripherals, remember all the OTHER ONES you have already? It's doubtful they'd start now...) but with name power behind it so it can be sold as the alleged premium product. Par for the course?

Your bias is showing. :)

Top Bottom