• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Microsoft Buying Nintendo Would Have Been a Disaster

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Thankfully, it will never happen. Nintendo will never allow themselves to be bought. They would rather burn it all down than let someone else have it.

Also, activist investors need to fuck off. Take you bullshit elsewhere.
Clearly, you are very young. ā€œNeverā€ is impossible to know, because no company is infinite. Also, Nintendo is a business, not a charity, they create good products in order for the consumer to purchase and so that they make profit. In business, there is always number.

Thirty7ven

Banned
What I find most egregious about the email is the fact that he's so arrogant that he seems to think he knows what's best for Nintendo and their future.

Sa1JK6v.jpg

Imagine being in 3rd place with an ever dwindling userbase thinking you know what's best for the industry market leader. The hubris is off the charts.

What can you say, it just shows how incompetent these people are and that their failings have nothing to do with so called bad luck.

Poor brand image, poor game quality, running on daddyā€™s credit card, depends on mass indoctrination online to keep the brand alive, dead last, and yet these bozos who are terrible at predicting the future think they know whatā€™s best for Nintendo.

Imagine stanning for such a lack of talent.

You really think selling 40-80 million copies of a game at full price is sustainable?
Haven't you heard? The new measures of success are engagement and merchandising! No one cares about stuff like sales and revenue anymore, that's old math! Time for you to get with the new math!

SmokedMeat

Gamerā„¢
Haven't you heard? The new measures of success are engagement and merchandising! No one cares about stuff like sales and revenue anymore, that's old math! Time for you to get with the new math!

Exactly. Sure Nintendo sells 20 million in a couple months or whatever, but whatā€™s their engagement level? Whatā€™s the oxygen level?

Interfectum

Not Phil. Like all high level corporate executives he'll get a golden parachute out of there and retire to his villa in the Caribbean.

All the laid-off former employees of the studios though, they're going to suffer.
Yup. Phil has already acquired generational wealth for him and his family. He's prepping Sarah Bond to take his place and he'll golden parachute out before the new gen starts.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
We're reaching the age of "being obvious".

Honestly would like to see they trying again and we have another historical event to be documented: once again Nintendo laught their ass outs in response to Microsoft.
They could be even create a national day as commemoration for people to remember and laugh althogether.

fart town usa

Gold Member
MS is a trash corporation and XBOX is lazy to do real work.

They could leave the console business and we'd all be better for it.

That being said, if that Ghostwire 2 leak is real I might be forced to get a Series S. Bastards....šŸ˜…

Humdinger

Agreed. I was physically disgusted when I heard it. "Career moment" indeed. A nauseating look behind the mask of good guy Phil.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Even the haters want a piece. :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Never a hater, I have nothing against their consoles or games. Just a trash company that's proven themselves to be trash time and time again. I'd say the same about lots of studios but MS is in the news lately so it's topical. šŸ»

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Never a hater, I have nothing against their consoles or games. Just a trash company that's proven themselves to be trash time and time again. I'd say the same about lots of studios but MS is in the news lately so it's topical. šŸ»

ps, Ghostwire 2, if real, will undoubtedly come to PC on day 1 as well.

fart town usa

Gold Member
ps, Ghostwire 2, if real, will undoubtedly come to PC on day 1 as well.
Yea, I just don't have room for a PC and can't be spending money on that. A Series X would be preferable but will probably go Series S for convenience cause it'll likely be plugged into a 1080p screen for the most part.

I do hope GW:2 is real though and doesn't suck. I thought the ending was really satisfying but if they manage to pull it off and the story is good, I'll honestly have no choice but to get another Xbox console. Last one I bought was a 360 but I actually still use the OG XBOX quite a bit these days. Got some games for it the other week (Wolfenstein, The Thing).

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am mindful that only warnings I got on this site was due to rightful hating on Nintendo, so I abstain from writing further

A mostly poor opinion piece. The fact is, we have no idea whether or not Nintendo being acquired by Msoft would be ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œbadā€. Nintendoā€™s lifeblood is proprietary hardware made to play proprietary software, so Iā€™m not sure theyd be able to survive on a business model of just software & subscriptions. But that remains to be seen. Maybe? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

All we have to go on is how other acquired publishers and developers function under Xbox, like Bethesda. Seems to be mostly fine? Msoft seems to be mostly hands-off and just makes sure the lights stay on.

Sethbacca

Microsoft out here single-handedly saving the gaming industry & keeping devs in check.

Sk4isb4.jpg
If these dumbasses got everything on their wish list Gamepass would need to eventually cost $50-60 a month just to hit a breakeven point or the games coming out would be standard mobile phone app fare.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:
Phil doesn't understand Nintendo. That whole Nintendo is taking a long time to realize their IP shouldn't be tied to their hardware statement . . . that's what makes nintendo nintendo, they can take chances and come up with new ways to play via their own hardware. Phil just thinks all gaming should just improve graphically/resolution/fps . . . some actually want to be innovative and have the freedom to truly try something new. New way of playing.

Top Bottom