• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Seanspeed

Banned
I can confirm that some cars are extremely unstable on the PC version using an Xbox controller. Maybe I've not configured it right but I'm constantly spinning out etc for no apparent reason.
Ah well that may be it as well. They really need to tighten that up for these cars cuz the console audience isn't gonna be forgiving of that, especially given the lack of wheel support those systems have. It wasn't just 'not ideal', it was absolutely horrid.

I dunno hwo the fuck they are gonna pull this all together will be interesting to see? Like at the moment its hardly a coherent ui or experience as of todays build.

_machine

Yes, that's pretty much it as far as i know.
Well not exactly; they already said they've put quite a bit of their own more the get the game to the next-gen consoles, but it probably isn't far from 4 million either. Amazing feat nonetheless.

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Project CARS gameplay with graphics settings on ultra. The video is a onboard lap at Suzuka circuit with the BMW M3 GT4 at dawn and rain.

Regards.

bj00rn_

Banned
Come on guys, what is the point in quoting a gazillion webms, and even the very post after, and then another one again.. Nice webms though..

A 60fps video. It has distorted audio due to the nature of what's being done to get the 60fps working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IcB33Y04Zw&list=UU7HL_9yJeHhSk6KuXaP1qVQ

They have quite a lot of great looking videos, thanks for the link. Not sure I want to dump the money on a new wheelset for this generation of consoles/pcs quite yet though, until everything is sorted out with compatibility. For that money I could put a lot of work into my motorcycle...

sueil

I haven't played in about a month but I have no idea they are going to get the game ready for launch. I have a wheel and like using it but it can be a pain to setup and I put it back in the closet if I am not playing for a few days. The problem with this is when I want a few quick laps I have to use a controller(360 pad in case it matters) and the controller controls are horrid. Just really fucking bad. A lot of of the cars have bad physics still which its a October now and they are rapidly running out of time to nail that down. I love that the go-kart land mine problem still happens years later. The cars with good physics such as the Formula C when you are racing them with a wheel feel absolutely fantastic is the most fun I've ever had in a racing game just doing practice laps by myself. But a lot of the other stuff is in a sorry state. I honestly think the game will end up getting delayed.

I haven't played in about a month but I have no idea they are going to get the game ready for launch. I have a wheel and like using it but it can be a pain to setup and I put it back in the closet if I am not playing for a few days. The problem with this is when I want a few quick laps I have to use a controller(360 pad in case it matters) and the controller controls are horrid. Just really fucking bad. A lot of of the cars have bad physics still which its a October now and they are rapidly running out of time to nail that down. I love that the go-kart land mine problem still happens years later. The cars with good physics such as the Formula C when you are racing them with a wheel feel absolutely fantastic is the most fun I've ever had in a racing game just doing practice laps by myself. But a lot of the other stuff is in a sorry state. I honestly think the game will end up getting delayed.

i know wat you mean bro i dont want them calling it in if it needs more time hope they have the balls to hold it back. Needs better force feedback too.

AU Tiger

This may have been already addressed somewhere in the thread but I'll ask anyways:

So once the game is officially released, is the game we're currently playing going to essentially get a launch day patch to become the official released version?

Also curious if once the game is released, are we going to have to continue to delete our user profile folder for the game?

markao

This may have been already addressed somewhere in the thread but I'll ask anyways:

So once the game is officially released, is the game we're currently playing going to essentially get a launch day patch to become the official released version?

Also curious if once the game is released, are we going to have to continue to delete our user profile folder for the game?
Depending on your account you will get either the game or a "discount" (team/Jr). No clue if they will continue with the WMD forum after release and if there will be some type of beta version still running (test upcoming patches/DLC maybe?)

And no, of course not. It is just that currently the code is constantly changing and you need to delete old files to avoid issues.

markao

Have they said if it will be 1080p and 60fps on the PS4 & XB1?
Targeting is the current party line ;)

As in, nothing official yet. PS4 was running at that res./fps (not locked 60 quit yet) at the recent Game Events and that looks pretty set for 1080/60 and I think the resolution on XB1 was slightly lower at the Eurogamer event from what I read, but they were still trying to get to that magic number.

Yeah the weeks are ticking by and there doesn't seem to be a real pace change in progress. I'm hoping that there is lots of stuff happening in the background that isn't making the builds but who knows, it can only be weeks away from having to go gold.

Fingers crossed!

Blizzard

Banned
Today my mind was blown: The silly flame effect that appears on tailpipes in racing games like CARS happens in real life. :p I mean, I guess I realized it could happen, but had never seen it.

Someone on the interstate was driving a black lamborghini and gunning the engine to make it loud and draw attention, and the tail pipes were doing little flashes of fire.

Top Bottom