• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Zexen

No, 30 fps during cutscenes, but the pause screen is 60fps so the framerates jump. I'm 60fps locked during a battle with a GTX660 (well it is 720p only).

Also no xbox controller icons.

I have the icons personnally. ABXY START BACK The Triggers, they're all showed up.

15488735615_40cb43fdaf_o.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm just luing down here

I dont even know what to do anymore

Doesnt help that ot says 1 hour to go

So tired of this and all the lies

Caayn

So 50%+ bigger than the PS3 version and not a single graphical option insight? What the hell SE.

My copy is still unlocking :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just an FYI, you can probably buy both PS3/360 versions for cheaper than the windows port.

I would actually recommend this.

To be fair to SE though, FF13-2 and LR don't use pre-rendered cutscenes all that much, 99% of them are in real time. So when they bring those out, you'll probably be able to have your 60fps and higher resolutions.

But for this game specifically, it was always going to be an impossibility.

zbarron

Even if you can't get it I'd like to personally thank you for at least trying. That's certainly more than Square Enix did.

It's a sad time in PC gaming when we have to be concerned that a high profile port of an almost 5 year old game will have basic PC functionality that's been standard for over decade. It's worse when our fears are confirmed.

Durante

What makes it possible for Durante to fix certain games, but not others?
Time, mostly. The effort required to do something like this varies massively with how the game was written.

I really can't say if this would be a 2-days-fix or a 2-years-fix (and thus, in practice, no fix at all) or anything in between until I get at least 2 hours to look at what it does. And yes, I like using the number 2 if I need an arbitrary quantity :p

I'm still unpacking for 25 minutes, so I'll have a shower now and then I'll have a look.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm seriously scared they'll slack on the DLC in the sequels now.
Although the port does have the Japanese difficulty update so ehhhhhh

Different engines.

Thanks.

Since the game isn't native 1080p does that mean Square haven't touched up the textures, like they have done with other remasters? Or is that neither here nor there when it comes to the resolution they've locked the game to?

Also to those who are playing and have extensive experience with the console games, how good does the fps increase look and can you notice anything else that has been improved?

Time, mostly. The effort required to do something like this varies massively with how the game was written.

I really can't say if this would be a 2-days-fix or a 2-years-fix (and thus, in practice, no fix at all) or anything in between until I get at least 2 hours to look at what it does. And yes, I like using the number 2 if I need an arbitrary quantity :p

I'm still unpacking for 25 minutes, so I'll have a shower now and then I'll have a look.

Thanks for the reply and hard work you've put in. I've never had a gaming PC myself, but people like you market the platform well :).

Skyzard

Banned

YUSSSS

Even if you can't get it I'd like to personally thank you for at least trying. That's certainly more than Square Enix did.

It's a sad time in PC gaming when we have to be concerned that a high profile port of an almost 5 year old game will have basic PC functionality that's been standard for over decade. It's worse when our fears are confirmed.

^ All of this, thank you very much.

Nethaniah

How are people skipping cutscenes? Also the first opening cutscene at the mountain part looked really weird when the camera moved.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Durante

I beg u

I pay u man quick

I'm just luing down here

I dont even know what to do anymore

Doesnt help that ot says 1 hour to go

So tired of this and all the lies

STANDING
ON THE EDGE

but yeah, I'm hurt dawgs. Those screenshots look so good, but they could look so much better...
Durante, you're our only hope ;_;
FIGHT FATE

Sentenza

This is me right now:

Ive_Made_a_Huge_Mistake.jpg

To add insult to the injury, I bought the game on Nuveem and they are apparently out of keys right now so I'll have to wait to check this mess.

GavinUK86

*starts building Durante shrine*

Yoshichan

that's it

i'm out of here

i'm done

Toth

God the game looks so gorgeous and it's like 4 years old. What an incredible graphical achievement of the day.

BTW I see the FPS is consistently high in the screenies. Isn't the shoddy FPS the main issue of FFXIII-2 and LR? This should be a good sign for those two.

Top Bottom