• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toots

Gold Member
My question is this and not sure if I'm reading tips online overall correctly:

Odin's Gjallarhorn's Warning move: Is this because he has hit me, the controlling character, too much or if he hits CPU controlled players as well. Dodging worked great for me before I beat him, but I also had him use it when I was dodging alot but not hitting him enough. I.e., have to press on the attack and dodge.
If i understand correctly, when fighting Odin and Alexander together, your party get swiped by Zanketsuken which is the limit Odin uses after doing his Gjallarhorn warning and you're asking if you could prevent him to do his limit by not getting hit ?
I think that during those 2 summons fight, if you focus too much on one, the other will do its limit move eventually if you leave it alone too long (always before you could kill the summon you're focusing on, or just after).
When doing those 2 summons fights, i was getting obliterated because i focused on one summon trying to kill it as quick as possible so i could then focus on the other. I managed to beat every 2 summon fight when i started to switch focus from one summon to the other so i could interrupt their limit move preparation.
Alternatively you can switch to easy mode and just pummel them to the ground :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
If i understand correctly, when fighting Odin and Alexander together, your party get swiped by Zanketsuken which is the limit Odin uses after doing his Gjallarhorn warning and you're asking if you could prevent him to do his limit by not getting hit ?
I think that during those 2 summons fight, if you focus too much on one, the other will do its limit move eventually if you leave it alone too long (always before you could kill the summon you're focusing on, or just after).
When doing those 2 summons fights, i was getting obliterated because i focused on one summon trying to kill it as quick as possible so i could then focus on the other. I managed to beat every 2 summon fight when i started to switch focus from one summon to the other so i could interrupt their limit move preparation.
Alternatively you can switch to easy mode and just pummel them to the ground :messenger_sunglasses:
Thank you! And you are understanding my question correctly and answering with what I was guessing as well.

I've decided I'll go back to this area once I'm done with the story and get chapter select. I got all the Protorelics and the hidden area opened up for me to go to.

94 hours in, I'm ready to finish the story and decided to continue past the Point of No Return.

Garibaldi

Just beaten that Gi boss in the temple at Cosmo. Christ he was an awkward sod. Most trouble I've had with any encounter so far. Died 3 times.

TwiztidElf

I beat it yesterday. It's an amazing game. It does so many awesome things. It was not without minor faults though.
I haven't started reading any spoiler threads or watching any spoiler videos yet, but regarding the final phase of the final boss.

That very last phase of the Sephiroth fight just felt so cheap. That octaslash instant death was just bullshit. Disappointing. Ain't nobody got time for that. Sure weaksauce, but I went back and put it on easy to close it out.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
That end part of chapter 12....

Annoying as fuck watching them run through molasses trying to grab the cat....had flashbacks to that gawd awful obiwan series when the guys were trying to catch little leia

TheUsual

Gold Member
I miss playing it every night. Enjoying Stellar Blade but Rebirth was something very special for me and I feel the void. :pie_sad_relieved:
While I definitely enjoyed it, I got close to 100 hours in, so I was definitely ready for it to be done. I will give Square Enox props for definitely putting you through the paces at the end. Definitely have to pay attention.

I was caught off guard with that one attack that took my party's HP to 1 each. That ended my first attempt. When I redid that, was definitely ready to respond.

I miss playing it every night. Enjoying Stellar Blade but Rebirth was something very special for me and I feel the void. :pie_sad_relieved:

I didn't know what to do when it ended. Life got busy and actually helped me out, because playing any game after Rebirth was going to be disappointing. So after a week or so of no games, now I picked up Animal Well. It's perfect - extremely different, no way to compare the two games, having a blast.

While I definitely enjoyed it, I got close to 100 hours in, so I was definitely ready for it to be done. I will give Square Enox props for definitely putting you through the paces at the end. Definitely have to pay attention.

I was caught off guard with that one attack that took my party's HP to 1 each. That ended my first attempt. When I redid that, was definitely ready to respond.

As much as it's an excellent game, you can easily get burnt out. I took a decent break halfway through around chapter 8 to ensure I stayed fresh during the rest of it. Great decision, otherwise the sidequests, minigames, and all of that would have probably left a different impression. Was still ready to be done, that last boss fight was intense. I have no idea how they're going to one up themselves in part 3. I don't want to think how long the finale is going to be.

Good to see this thread is still active !

Well finally finished my first playthrough of this at 180 hours. Only thing I didn't finish was the piano mini game.

Really is all time classic it's amazing that they literally made an old school globe trotting JRPG at a one to one scale and then added MORE!

I think people should really stop telling new comers to play the OG and the Remake before this. That's such a huge time commitment and risks a potential burnout. This is clearly the best game in 2024 and new comers shouldn't have to commit 100 hours before getting to play it.

This game has so more much to enjoy other than it's story and frankly the core storyline is pretty fucking simple I.e. Sephiroth is a bad a dude chase him across a continent. Obviously the Meta Bullshit gets pretty wild and wacky but that's about 1% of the game.

Anyway well done Square this game should be studied by evey developer in how it got put together so quickly and maintained it's quality over such a huge amount of content.

10 out 10 Game of the Generation!

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah there were some really frustrating fights towards the end, which was a good thing because the combat system really shines when you have to strategise. Can't wait to see how they improve it again in the final game! One superficial but cool thing to add would be 3 party synergy attacks.

I didn't know what to do when it ended. Life got busy and actually helped me out, because playing any game after Rebirth was going to be disappointing. So after a week or so of no games, now I picked up Animal Well. It's perfect - extremely different, no way to compare the two games, having a blast.

As much as it's an excellent game, you can easily get burnt out. I took a decent break halfway through around chapter 8 to ensure I stayed fresh during the rest of it. Great decision, otherwise the sidequests, minigames, and all of that would have probably left a different impression. Was still ready to be done, that last boss fight was intense. I have no idea how they're going to one up themselves in part 3. I don't want to think how long the finale is going to be.

It's the only single player game I have put in over 100 hours in just the first playthrough. Just that the love and attention put into the world, characters, music and small details like animations was next level for me. I can't think of another modern game with a cast of characters this big (both protags and villains) where it feels so well done.

I think the final game will be a bit shorter than Rebirth given what's left in the story, but still a massive JRPG compared to most.

Do a hard replay!

That's the plan for PS5 Pro so I can hopefully enjoy a nice looking 60fps mode.

You could try to get Reraise on someone, then Revive the other characters.

On the Mindflayer battle...

Saw someone suggest using a three person party with two frogs. Frogs can't be seppku'd but they do draw aggro. Keeping them alive might be tough tho.

I'll have to try that.

Toots

Gold Member
You could try to get Reraise on someone, then Revive the other characters.
Alternatively yes, having reprieve on Cloud through his weapon skills and equip it with a revive materia, or cast phoenix early in the fight so you can use its revival skill.
But i don't want to see any in my team die :messenger_angry: so really changing focus is best for me.

Top Bottom