• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Shurayuki

Okay too many posts, sorry if already asked.

There is no way to have Japanese text in the EU version right...
Because ugh.
Tried setting it in the properties but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Someone should start working on high-res font/Hud textures.

God

rivalchild

Neo Member
Anyone experiencing a weird lag with the 360 controller? My character refuses to run sometimes. Also has someone figured out a way to get rid of the black bars on AMD cards?
If you've got a 1080 monitor then you need to set your desktop resolution to 720 then in the CCC you need to set the scaling options to overscan then apply.

Dex815

Great, I just found out the reason why the game freezes each time that I launch it.

Apparently it doesn't like my Corsair K70 RGB. Unplugging it solves the issue...

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, it works. Only some minor framedrops with transitions.

Nice, excellent!

It's something that seems so simple but I was playing another game and getting really shitty framerates, I checked all my ram and reseated / applied new thermal paste to the cpu (you know, I probably needed to do that anyways), got new fans.....and then I saw that my cpu wasn't at the right speed because windows had it set to "balanced". One basic toggle in the control panel fixed my problem.
LLShC.gif

HTupolev

Why does this look so good, while only being 720p? This res looks like absolute blurry/fuzzy crap on my laptop's screen, in every other game I test, while FFXIII looks pretty dang clear.

It's weird.
Probably MSAA + clean visual style.

Thinking that one game has better IQ than another despite basically the same settings isn't really that unusual.

2San

Here are my specs.

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0GHz
GTX 980
8GB RAM

Battles are dropping down to 18fps. Like wtf.
With Nvidia inspector set power management mode to prefer maximum performance. In control panel -> power options set to High performance.

Nice, excellent!

It's something that seems so simple but I was playing another game and getting really shitty framerates, I checked all my ram and reseated / applied new thermal paste to the cpu (you know, I probably needed to do that anyways), got new fans.....and then I saw that my cpu wasn't at the right speed because windows had it set to "balanced". One basic toggle in the control panel fixed my problem.
LLShC.gif
Yeah, but I wish there was a way to do this automatically. I dislike switching profiles all the time and I don't need a 4,5 GHz overclock for browsing Neogaf. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Played MK8 all evening while downloading this yesterday. Gonna give this a shot tonight after work.

Okay too many posts, sorry if already asked.

There is no way to have Japanese text in the EU version right...
Because ugh.
Tried setting it in the properties but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Oh wow I just checked and yeah, it doesn't change anything. I was happy that they gave us JP text... All it does it change the launcher to JP :|

Kazdane

Has anyone got a good list of upgrades to force via Nvidia control panel for the best results?

Specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 670

Would like to maintain 60 fps.

Just a list of options to turn up would be nice.

Crank everything to the max. I have an i5- 4670 @ 3.4GHz, 8 RAM and a GTX 660 and it runs smooth as butter.

Eyothrie

What is with the fps drops? My game stays at a constant 60fps a majority of the time, but during transitions from field to battle it can drop down to ~50fps then quickly shoot back up to 60fps. It's annoying.

gtx 680 2gb
3820 @ 4.2ghz
16 gb RAM

I have performance mode set in Nvidia Contol Panel. Frankly, this is the only game in my library that drops frames like this for no apparent reason.

Help?

Kind happy their are so many other PC games coming out this month so they can patch this up while I play other things....Sounds a bit rough right now.

Sigh... another 30 minutes before I can play... and by then my wife will be home from work and she'll want to spend her birthday with her. I've given up on the idea of getting more sleep before work tonight. It'll be a energy drink night tonight :)

(yes, it is my wife's birthday, no I'm not really going to choose the game over her)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, outside of being 720p, how is the port? Does it seem run well at least? Is it easy to change the key layout?

MayMay

Banned
Someone should start working on high-res font/Hud textures.

Managed to rip a couple of textures, but not all yet because the game is just crashing on me way too often. + I have no idea on how to get them back into the game tbh.

3384bb57ff.png

Are you gonna release any?

Gbraga

So, outside of being 720p, how is the port? Does it seem run well at least? Is it easy to change the key layout?

It runs so well that your GPU goes to sleep and then it runs poorly.

I'm not even joking.

You need it to be more demanding so it won't drop frames.

Aramiyo

Banned

Bloody awful. You can't change controls on a controller and you can only change about 5 keys. The framerate has been ridiculously inconsistent for me and even stutters during cutscenes.

Teremap

Banned
that's some serious CPU bottleneck you got going on there :L
The hell? Not even close. The 2500k @ 4GHz will play just about any game released today at 60 FPS with no issues (hell, 100 FPS is a decent minimum to expect).

If he was running two or three in SLI, maybe then you can start to talk about CPU bottlenecking.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Got to Lake Bresha.
ehhhhh it's alright
If Durante's magic fixes the stuttering and they don't forget DLC for the sequels I'm gonna be pretty content with how it turned out.

Shurayuki

Oh wow I just checked and yeah, it doesn't change anything. I was happy that they gave us JP text... All it does it change the launcher to JP :|

Tears :(

Disabled the launcher so didn't see the change.
Does the launcher say 'Paly Game' for everyone with the Asian version? :lol
EDIT: Sure does Japanese already making fun of it...

Was your download 50GB?

You change it here

The audio sure, thanks. I know.

But I want the Japanese on-screen text, for various reasons, and that just basically "undubs" it.
Obviously they threw this in at the last second, but pretty please Square? *pussinbootsbigeyes.gif*

Toth

Sadly, no. Matsuno got Alex O. Smith for 12. SE did 13 all in-house with people making calls who really don't get English that well.

Ah, I figured. I know people harp on the Japanese script not being as hot but Smith would have done some great work with this.

Kazdane

So what's everything?

Anistropic Filtering (16x?)
FXAA
AA (32x CSAA, 8x MSAA, 16xQ CSAA?)
AA Transparency (8x Supersample?)

16x AF
32x CSAA
AA Transparency at 8x Supersample
Texture Filtering: High Quality
Energy Control Method (or something along those lines, sorry I'm translating from Spanish): Maximum Performance preferred
Enable V-Sync
Enable Triple Buffering

You may also need to use "Antialiasing - Mode: Ignore any setting from the application" (again I'm translating, not sure the exact english wording).

Top Bottom