• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2014

I expect Sony to do what they did with FIFA and market an unofficial PS4 x CoD bundle. It's going to happen, it's inevitable really.

Same with Assassins, same with Witcher 3, Division and pretty much any official marketing deal/bundle MS has.

Xando

I expect Sony to do what they did with FIFA and market an unofficial PS4 x CoD bundle. It's going to happen, it's inevitable really.

Same with Assassins, same with Witcher 3, Division and pretty much any official marketing deal/bundle MS has.

I mean even if Sony doesn't do it retailers will. PS4 just sells so much better in Europe.
I expect every non exclusive will be bundled with a PS4 no matter who has the marketing contract (like they did with Fifa).

I mean even if Sony doesn't do it retailers will. PS4 just sells so much better in Europe.
I expect every non exclusive will be bundled with a PS4 no matter who has the marketing contract (like they did with Fifa).

Yup. Game and Amazon were pretty aggressive in their FIFA bundling on PS4. I expect similar things for all games going forward, can't exactly ignore the fattened cash cow in favour of the sickly calf.

Moonstone

BIU Sales Awards (Germany)

FIFA 15 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PS4
FIFA 15 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PS3

FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PC (incl. digital sales)
Die Sims 4 (Electronic Arts / EA Maxis) PC
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal) PS3 (incl. digital sales)
Destiny (Activision / Bungie) PS4

Important note: They now include digital sales in these awards. They get those numbers directly from the publishers. But it depends on title and publisher. Console numbers for Fifa are without digital sales for instance.

No 500k multiplatform award for FIFA 15.
So XO+X360+Wii+WiiU+PSV+PC< 100k

Road

BIU Sales Awards (Germany)

FIFA 15 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PS4
FIFA 15 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PS3

FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts / EA Canada) PC (incl. digital sales)
Die Sims 4 (Electronic Arts / EA Maxis) PC
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal) PS3 (incl. digital sales)
Destiny (Activision / Bungie) PS4

Important note: They now include digital sales in these awards. They get those numbers directly from the publishers. But it depends on title and publisher. Console numbers for Fifa are without digital sales for instance.

No 500k multiplatform award for FIFA 15.
So XO+X360+Wii+WiiU+PSV+PC< 100k

Interesting. (If only we still had the UK awards...)

Weird how FIFA included PC download sales for FIFA, but not consoles. On the other hand, Ubisoft included Watch Dogs download for consoles. I guess they'll only do it if it's enough to cross the mark (100k, 200k, 500k)

Thanks for translating!

And thanks, jvm, for the UK software numbers.

Moonstone

Interesting. (If only we still had the UK awards...)

Weird how FIFA included PC download sales for FIFA, but not consoles. On the other hand, Ubisoft included Watch Dogs download for consoles. I guess they'll only do it if it's enough to cross the mark (100k, 200k, 500k)

In case of Fifa PC it was probably just a pr move to get the award. They give those awards only to games released in the last 12 month - so without the digital push there would have never been an award for Fifa 14.

Biu states that they will treat those information confidential, but I guess publishers are to cautious to release the hot stuff. This method is easy exploitable to get more award stickers, yes.

noobie

Banned
Microsoft needs a really strong Q4.

The more PS4 is pulling away the harder it will be for Microsoft to sign co marketing deals.

I think opposite. More PS4 pulls away easier it will be for MS to sign co-Marketing deals as the publishers will know that if they want to try a unique idea MS will be easy target to make it exclusive and get the fundings.
Even PS3 got quite a few co marketing deals where Sony is always cash strapped.

I think opposite. More PS4 pulls away easier it will be for MS to sign co-Marketing deals as the publishers will know that if they want to try a unique idea MS will be easy target to make it exclusive and get the fundings.
Even PS3 got quite a few co marketing deals where Sony is always cash strapped.

Hmm I may just be misinterpreting what you're saying but a co-marketing deal is not a exclusivity deal at least not for the whole game, it may obviously include exclusive DLC or something.

And on the topic of actual co-marketing deals I think it's more along the lines of getting such deals for existing franchises will be relatively easy for MS as doing such would not jeopardize sales on the PS4 installbase because with existing franchises consumers already expect them on both platforms, whereas with new IPs running a co-marketing deal with MS might prove troublesome if the larger installbase of the PS4 is not aware it is coming to their platform as well. Just my opinion on it of course

Bruno MB

Mh9KZ.png

Sweden
Week 41, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (03) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (01) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (02) PS4 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS.)
04 (05) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (NE) WII SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (NE) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SCEE)
07 (NE) PS4 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
08 (NE) PS3 SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (NE) 360 SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (04) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
11 (06) PC THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (NE) PS4 NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
13 (07) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
14 (12) PS4 NHL 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
15 (13) PS3 MINECRAFT (SCEE)
16 (NE) WIU SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
17 (09) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
18 (08) XBO MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS.)
19 (NE) PC ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
20 (10) PC MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS.)

WquyV.png

Finland:
Week 41, 2014 - All Formats (Units)

01 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (02) NHL 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (04) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (NE) SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
05 (03) MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
06 (NE) ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
07 (NE) NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
08 (NE) DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
09 (056) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (10) BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

mf2Bby8.png

Australia:
Week 41, 2014 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (NE) MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
02 (NE) NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
03 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (NE) ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
05 (02) SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
06 (04) SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (05) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (NE) DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
09 (03) FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
10 (06) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

L4iEuoa.png

New Zealand:
Week 41, 2014 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (NE) NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
02 (NE) MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
03 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (04) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (NE) DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
07 (NE) SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (02) FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
09 (NE) ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
10 (05) SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From latest MCV issue:

Over 200,000 home consoles (so, I suppose both old and current gen consoles considered) sold in UK during September
Shelly Pearce, Nintendo UK: "Pre-orders for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are doing really well. They're higher than X and Y"
Simon Kemp, Nintendo UK: "And that is a pattern we're seeing globally"

There are also both Individual and All Formats September top 40s.

From latest MCV issue:

Over 200,000 home consoles (so, I suppose both old and current gen consoles considered) sold in UK during September
Shelly Pearce, Nintendo UK: "Pre-orders for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are doing really well. They're higher than X and Y"
Simon Kemp, Nintendo UK: "And that is a pattern we're seeing globally"

There are also both Individual and All Formats September top 40s.
No splits or LTDs though? :/

noobie

Banned
I dont know if its posted anywhere on Neogaf but i think it does need to be mentioned here

PS4 is >40,000 in South Africa
PS3 is > 300,000

Link To News

The uptake of the PS4 compared to the PS3 in terms of life cycle stage is 40% higher, Dos Santos said, with Ster-Kinekor expecting to sell another 70,000 to 100,000 PlayStation 4 consoles in the next year.

“In truth at launch it was challenging because we didn’t have supply, so we’ll probably get a fair measure once we’ve been through this festive [season],” Dos Santos said.

Once the new figures are in, he said they expect sales of the PS4 to be 50% up on the PS3 on a like-for-like life cycle basis.

DrWong

France week 41:

1 - FIFA 15 PS3 - Electronic Arts
2 - FIFA 15 PS4 - Electronic Arts
3 - Super Smash Bros. 3DS - Nintendo
4 - NBA 2K15 PS4 - Take-Two Interactive
5 - DriveClub Edition Spéciale PS4 - Sony

Bruno MB

I dont know if its posted anywhere on Neogaf but i think it does need to be mentioned here

PS4 is >40,000 in South Africa
PS3 is > 300,000

Link To News

For comparisons sake:

(First 18 months)

Nintendo Wii - 91,552 (October 2007 - April 2009)
Xbox 360 - 57,792 (October 2006 - April 2008)
PlayStation 3 - 43,185 (April 2007 - October 2008)

Into

I know french people like Nintendo more than most Europeans because every time i play MK8 online there are 8 french people throwing croissants at me, that 1 german guy and the 2 dutch people

noobie

Banned
For comparisons sake:

(First 18 months)

Nintendo Wii - 91,552 (October 2007 - April 2009)
Xbox 360 - 57,792 (October 2006 - April 2008)
PlayStation 3 - 43,185 (April 2007 - October 2008)

so if we take the statement from the article that PS4 uptake is going >40% then PS3 was probably around 30K after 10 months?

Assuming PS4 launched in South Africa in December-January

romulus91

anyone know the demographic in Australia bw MS, sony and N? as an australian i would have no idea what is selling better here.... i mean we are influenced by american, european and asian cultures..... i guess PS4 but only because the xbox prices have been getting lower and lower

stryke

anyone know the demographic in Australia bw MS, sony and N? as an australian i would have no idea what is selling better here.... i mean we are influenced by american, european and asian cultures..... i guess PS4 but only because the xbox prices have been getting lower and lower

We're pretty Playstation centric. They've been best selling since 2011 I think.

feezel

Don't know the numbers but Sony announced PS4 was 2:1 over Xbox One in Australia. No idea about Wii U.

Link: http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/ps4-sells-10-million/0136799

Tommy DJ

Definitely biased towards Sony if you look at JB Hi Fi's game sale rankings in their monthly (?) magazine.

Also Ozbargainers going nuts when PS4s are on sale from Dick Smith. You get nowhere near the same response when the Xbox One goes on sale.

DrWong

top 5 nice spot for Drive club

Indeed but it should be out of it next week.

Reminder: France chart is based on value, not units sold and between FIFA 15 and Smash 3DS there's a 20€ difference in SRP. I wonder where would Smash 3DS be if it was units based.

Quentyn

‘FIFA 15’ (-35%) makes it four straight weeks at No1 holding off the challenge of several new releases.

It also matches ‘FIFA 13’ in holding the top spot for four straight weeks from launch. One survival horror title replaces another at No2 this week as Bethesda Softworks’ third release of the year ‘The Evil Within’ debuts in second place. It’s comfortably ahead of another new release ‘Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!’ which lands at No3. Take2’s latest addition to the series debuts on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC with no sign of Xbox One or PS4 versions. With two new releases taking 2nd and 3rd Warner’s ‘Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor’ (-51%) drops a place to No4.
‘Forza Horizon 2’ (-39%) is also pushed down a spot to No5 in its third week. Last week’s No2 ‘Alien: Isolation’ (-70%) slides four places to No6 but does enough to stay ahead of ‘Destiny’ (-22%) at No7. PS4 exclusive title ‘Driveclub’ (-45%) drops down to No8 in its second week. ‘Minecraft: Playstation Edition’ (+14%) climbs a place this week with a boost in sales seeing it claim No9. Codemasters latest Formula One title ‘F1 2014’ makes a Top 10 debut at No10.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1980&s=1111

Individual Formats

Bruno MB

The Evil Within seems to have done quite well, the PS4 version is over the Xbox 360 version of FIFA 15 which should be around 25,000 units.

so if we take the statement from the article that PS4 uptake is going >40% then PS3 was probably around 30K after 10 months?

Assuming PS4 launched in South Africa in December-January

Yes.

(First 10 months)

PlayStation 4 - 40,000 (December 2013 - October 2014)
PlayStation 3 - 28,500 (April 2007 - February 2008)

New thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915535

Top Bottom