• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Remastered debuts at #1 in Italy, France, Australia, New Zealand

It’s only been 3 & half yrs since TLOU 2 vs nearly 10 yrs of TLOU (along with the remaster).

Then once the 2nd season HBO show airs TLOU 2 will re-emerge again on the charts considerably like TLOU did.

Also the figure people post for TLOU 2 is sales after 1 year and a few months.

one is a full remake. This one a simple remaster with the same assets and much cheaper to produce. Not the same situation
It doesn't make one difference for the beta customer. Both are labelled as 'remastered' by Sony. The only difference being the price for many. In some areas twice less expensive (40€ vs 80€). So obviously it was going to sell much better.

They reduced the price of this one, as an exception, in order to boost sales compared to many games they sent to die at 80€. This game couldn't be a flop in the charts for them, not this IP.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

My dumb ass will probably buy it again next Gen lol
giphy.gif

I'd probably do it too. lol

nemiroff

Gold Member
Shows the price was low before, can’t be it, and just a couple days for an old game to outsell COD, GTA, FC? I want more data, this seems crazy.
Idk but NZ has a small population, and possible small volumes may lead to seemingly irregular fluctuations.

Top Bottom