• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame 4 Japanese version - Import friendly?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I'm tired of waiting for Nintendo to bring this over.

How much Japanese do I need to know to play the Japanese game?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Second said:
Sqaure Enix has acquired Tecmo?
they're trying to pull off a friendly takeover ala their last acquisition of Taito, but nothing is set in stone yet.

either way, the impression i have is that its very text heavy, despite the full VA, so no, not import friendly. as for the bugs, i would have assumed the second run would have cleared those out by now.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have anything to do with it either way. IIRC, Nintendo is publisher for FF4 so they'd be the one doing the localization, or at least the publishing

You'll need to know a fair bit as there are puzzle type things. Nothing amazingly tough as far as games go but you need to be able to read/listen for clues at some points in the game.

Japanese is an absolute must for this game.

As for the bugs, they aren't game breaking. Most probably won't even notice them -- I didn't. If there had been a major issue, Nintendo would have issued a recall.

tmarques

Thought this was as good a thread to ressurect as any for this -

Seems like Fatal Frame 4 has been confirmed for a February release in Europe. A scan from the official Nintendo magazine is making the rounds, but I wasn't sure whether it was okay to post, even though it's just part of a page.

Hopefully Reggie will allow an American release as well.

tmarques said:
Thought this was as good a thread to ressurect as any for this -

Seems like Fatal Frame 4 has been confirmed for a February release in Europe. A scan from the official Nintendo magazine is making the rounds, but I wasn't sure whether it was okay to post, even though it's just part of a page.

Who is the European publisher? If it`s NoE, then another reason why NoA sucks.

CrisKre

If noe fully translates this and STILL noa doesnt release it over here like Disaster i will personally shove my wiimote up reggies ass hardcore until he squeals like a little girl, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
tmarques said:

1226727552012xe6.jpg

Majmun

Urgh, I always though this game would get a nov 08 release in NA.

It's not like the game is a rpg with lots of text. I don't understand why it hasn't been released yet in NA.

CrisKre

Question about GeckoOS. does it allow an american wii play european titles? i may have to import this and disaster if fucking NOA still doesnt do the right thing..

CrisKre

Question about GeckoOS. does it allow an american wii play european titles? i may have to import this and disaster if fucking NOA still doesnt do the right thing..
Yes

Crisis adverted. Import time. Fuck you NOA. One more question. any differences given PAL-NTSC discrepancies?

tmarques

Jaded Alyx said:
The 6th is indeed a Friday. Interesting. Also interesting if it keeps the name "Fatal Frame".

They should delay it a week and release it on Friday 13th.

The magazine article says the series was "previously known in the UK as Project Zero", so I guess they are indeed going with Fatal Frame.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Second said:
Urgh, I always though this game would get a nov 08 release in NA.

It's not like the game is a rpg with lots of text. I don't understand why it hasn't been released yet in NA.

Well it has lots of voice acting. Maybe not as much as an RPG, but I doubt NoA would keep the Japanese voices in. Still, if NoE is bringing it over...

kottila said:
Fantastic! NoE are really stepping up their game

Yeah I know, and it's kind of pissing me off to be honest.

I bought an Australian Wii 2 years ago. The high game prices and late releases (Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Trauma Centre, etc) frustrated me to no end and I decided to sell the PAL Wii and get a US Wii instead. I pretty much broke even doing so (importing the console was expensive as the Wii was heavily understocked at the time, but the NTSC games were a lot cheaper than what I was selling my PAl games for).

That worked great until October, when the global recession came into its own and the Australian dollar plummeted from 98 cents to to the 60's. Importing NTSC games is now a huge hassle as the prices are often higher than I would be paying for PAL games. And now that NOE are releasing games that aren't (yet) coming to the US - like Disaster, Captain Rainbow and now Fatal Frame - I feel really pissed off. :(

Gomu Gomu

I played the first one in Japanese. And believe when I tell you this game is NOT import friendly at all.
There were simply too many puzzles that required language, which made the game almost impossible to beat.

So, I have a question.. Will the EU version work on a US Wii ?

Dascu

So, after Disaster and now Fatal Frame, only Captain Rainbow is left, and that was already rumored to be localized as well.

<3 Europe <3

Vorador

Banned
Well, Stumpokapow called it. NoA is getting shittier and shittier for localising games, so much to the point than even NoE is beating them.

RpgN

We're getting FF4? Yes!

Something is terribly wrong when were're getting games earlier than you guys in the US. That or NoE is suddenly quicker. Kind of crazy since they have 5 languages to translate.

MoogPaul

apparently XSEED is in the know:

If you’re talking about Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii then it’s coming to the US, even though it won’t be by us. Can’t tell you who’s bringing it over, but keep your eyes peeled for an official announcement, hopefully sometime soon. - Ken @ XSEED Games

from Go Nintendo.

joedick

For people who are still grumpy about this game and Disaster not coming to NA, keep in mind that other games like Picross and Personal Trainer: Cooking came out in Japan and then Europe long before they were out here. And those are (gasp) casual games that Nintendo cares oh so much about.

TunaLover

RpgN said:
We're getting FF4? Yes!

Something is terribly wrong when were're getting games earlier than you guys in the US. That or NoE is suddenly quicker. Kind of crazy since they have 5 languages to translate.

NoA is full of shit, that. And Reggie has been a sturborn douche person lastly

Top Bottom