• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame games

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can you link to the store pages please? I'm trying to look up the US PSN store and I can't find Fatal Frame 1 or 2, just the last two WiiU remasters that were released recently.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Grab all of them

jennifer lawrence everything GIF

killatopak

PSN has a halloween sale now with alot of good stuff in there!

Both Fatal Frame games are a part of the sale and ive been interested in them but havent had the time to play them until now.

How are they on PS5?

Mask of the Lunar Eclipse felt more scary to me but the control are more archaic and the movement feels a tad stiffer as a result. I prefer when I played it on the Wii using motion control. It’s easier to control the camera on a Wiimote I would say. Still, they did a decent job translating the controls to a tradition Dual Sense.

Maiden of Blackwater felt more modern in control schemes however the pace of horror drops a bit and it felt like it leans a bit more into action but not quite. More like arcadey. It doesn’t help that it incentivizes speedrunning and efficient film use. There is an easy chapter select that lets you rerun the mission to acquire higher ranks and more points. It feels like it was meant to be grinded because of that. The upgrade systems feels a lot slower as a result.

I like both but I prefer 4. However, 5 being more recent looks a lot better and its graphics are translated much better by the port. There are some visual design choices that I didn’t prefer with the port of 4. Mainly lighting.

xrnzaaas

The current price drops aren't enough imo, I have them on my wishlist, but I'll keep waiting.

What's even worse is how few physical copies were made and now they have astronomical prices on auction sites.

Top Bottom