• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

Taigerr

Got 2 white N3DS units today. One had a more yellowish tint on main menu scree and the other had a more blueish hue on blue backgrounds(Bue wall paper theme). The one with yellowish tint is marginally brighter when playing the 3D airplane demo.

C Stick is a beautiful addition. Unlike anything I have ever used for games and will need getting used to. I think people who are used to PS Vita and CPP will struggle with the jump however I think C-Stick when mastered will offer matched if not more, precision.

I am now so hyped for IronFall.....

ineji

Neo Member
I must have done something wrong.

I was copying my stuff over from the old SD card to the new micro SD.
After I finished copying, none of the stuff shows up in the home menu.

Taigerr

not sure if this has been mentioned.... dont use the eshop youtube app to play 3d video its hardly watchable.... however, if you go to youtube via the web browser and see one of the LG sponsored 3d videos you will be blown away.... well at least I certainly was...... IMAX in your pocket!

Wow I am amazed at the 3D videos, you also get different settings within youtube that enable you tweak the effects

leng jai

How easily does the glossy outside of the XL scratch? I don't want something that looks like a turd within seconds like the Wii U does.

Rich!

How easily does the glossy outside of the XL scratch? I don't want something that looks like a turd within seconds like the Wii U does.

Mine has no scratches yet.

Going to have to wait a good while before you can get a clear answer on that one.

Felensis

Banned
Guys, please help! :(

Got mine right now, set it up (without a NNID), set the Region to Germany and when I try to open the eShop it gives me the error 005-5602 which says "wrong region correct your settings". I have all my games digital and I don't want to start system transfer before I can rest assured that nothing goes wrong or lost...

Many thanks in advance!

UPDATE
Ok guys, I've figured it out by myself! I've initially set my region to Germany with skipping NNID. eShop gave me the error 005-5602. Then I changed my region to UK/England and connection to eShop just worked fine. Afterwards I've changed my region back to Germany and connection to eShop then was fine, too. So that's it. Afterwards you're ready to do the system transfer.

Hasney

I must have done something wrong.

I was copying my stuff over from the old SD card to the new micro SD.
After I finished copying, none of the stuff shows up in the home menu.

You have to use system transfer in the settings menu. You can't just put the sd card in.

Sillverrr

They're sitting on mine until Monday - the estimated delivery date. God I've ordered so much stuff this November, it's not like I even have time to use it all. Mainly I just want an improved Smash Bros experience. I am glad everyone else has their orders. My fault for living on a tiny rock.

caligula13

Gold Member
Guys, please help! :(

Got mine right now, set it up (without a NNID), set the Region to Germany and when I try to open the eShop it gives me the error 005-5602 which says "wrong region correct your settings". I have all my games digital and I don't want to start system transfer before I can rest assured that nothing goes wrong or lost...

Many thanks in advance!

UPDATE
Ok guys, I've figured it out by myself! I've initially set my region to Germany with skipping NNID. eShop gave me the error 005-5602. Then I changed my region to UK/England and connection to eShop just worked fine. Afterwards I've changed my region back to Germany and connection to eShop then was fine, too. So that's it. Afterwards you're ready to do the system transfer.

and when do you connect with your NNID?

Yagharek

Did my Aus transfer today. Did it all via wifi because why not, couldnt be arced taking the cover plate off the XL again to remove the SD card.

Took about 4 hours total, then I fucked up the screen protector so ordered some hori ones from play asia. I had other stuff to do so time wasn't an issue.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so the 3ds got delivered today to my mum's house, thought it was the best choice since I'm always out for some reason

there were £27 in import fees

my mum refused to pay

I just can't

Hasney

So, I don't connect with my NNID, I start the transfer of my data and everything else will happen during that process?

Correct. if you do an all data transfer rather than just saves, once it's complete, it will be just like your old 3DS (bar themes which apparently you need to click something to do with scanning on.

Rich!

Correct. if you do an all data transfer rather than just saves, once it's complete, it will be just like your old 3DS (bar themes which apparently you need to click something to do with scanning on.

My themes transferred over without me having to do anything extra at all.

xxczx

so the 3ds got delivered today to my mum's house, thought it was the best choice since I'm always out for some reason

there were £27 in import fees

my mum refused to pay

I just can't
how do you pay import fees? do they demand money at the door or something?

* Never imported anything before

Rich!

how do you pay import fees? do they demand money at the door or something?

* Never imported anything before

Depends on the courier. DHL charge before delivery and you pay via phone or online, Royal Mail/Parcelforce hold it at your local depot and others like fedex can either take payment online/via phone or at your door upon delivery.

xxczx

Depends on the courier. DHL charge before delivery and you pay via phone or online, Royal Mail/Parcelforce hold it at your local depot and others like fedex can either take payment online/via phone or at your door upon delivery.
Oh right, guess I'll leave some money for whoever will be in on Monday when it gets delivered just in case, thanks.

Rich!

Oh right, guess I'll leave some money for whoever will be in on Monday when it gets delivered just in case, thanks.

Check with fedex online/via phone first. You will be able to pay it in advance. Not all couriers with fedex can take cash.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
UPDATE

I had to switch back from France to UK/England to access the eShop (without NNID, before transfering), then back to France again and it worked. After that I started the system transfer and now it's all good :)

I wonder if doing the transfer right from the start would lock the eShop with this error ?

BTW, if someone plans to put a bigger micro-SD card and tranfer and are still waiting for your New 3DS, you can copy your current SD cad to a micro-SD card and use an adapter to use it in your "old" 3DS, then when transfering you can select the "I use a micro-SD card" thing and just put it in the new console after each consoles has rebooted.

Saved me some SD to micro-SD copy time by doing that in advance ^^

ok, gonna do the transfer today

firstly i'm just gonna set up the new 3ds without changing the sd card, make it go to the uk store, i expect it to error, then i need to go back to the uk store again correct?

then start the transfer process? should i back up my old 3ds sd card onto my pc in advance? and transfer the new data to the new card in advance? so when i get to the part to transfer i just need to remove the old card and insert the new one?

MicH

FINALLY! My n3DSXL metallic blue has FINALLY been dispatched by 365games. What the hell was up with that hold-up?! Good to know that I'll hopefully get it sometime next week

waru

So can I do the transfert first and then setup the language to english, access the eshop, and then go back to french?

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
ok, gonna do the transfer today

firstly i'm just gonna set up the new 3ds without changing the sd card, make it go to the uk store, i expect it to error, then i need to go back to the uk store again correct?

then start the transfer process? should i back up my old 3ds sd card onto my pc in advance? and transfer the new data to the new card in advance? so when i get to the part to transfer i just need to remove the old card and insert the new one?

If you are in UK and set the console to UK, I think you won't have the error we got here in France and in Germany.
As the old 3DS uses SD cards and the New 3DS uses micro-SD cards, unless you have a micro-SD to SD adpater, don't copy the files before transfering, but only after (in case of some files get modified during transfer).

It asks you if you use a SD card or a micro-SD card with an adapter, and so, in the first case it should tell you to copy the content after the transfer process, but if you use a micro-SD card on an adapter, it tells you that you only have to put it in the New 3DS after the transfer.

@waru : PM sent with all the details of what I did, in French.

just did initial set up of the new 3ds and refused to transfer during that as i need to do the eshop test, and no i havent used a NNID on this system

seems theres a system update to do before I can access the eshop

update was very quick, I went on eshop allowed notifications, but skipped club nintendo

i started the transfer process before putting the new sd card in in the new 3ds am i fucked?

its currently telling me about the 3 ways i can transfer content

Hasney

i started the transfer process before putting the new sd card in in the new 3ds am i fucked?

No, because the licenses will be transferred to the system, not the card. On the old 3DS, you could then just copy the files from the old SD to the new one on a PC and be perfectly fine.

No, because the licenses will be transferred to the system, not the card. On the old 3DS, you could then just copy the files from the old SD to the new one on a PC and be perfectly fine.

sorry kinda hyperventilating here, i just told the system i want to transfer via pc

i did back up my old 3ds on my pc before doing this btw

do i need to remove my 3ds sd card in my old 3ds and make another back up right now to transfer to the new micro sd card? (that device is curently on, or will the back up i made pre transfer serfice?

the old system is saying copy my data onto the target micro sd card and then putt it into the new system

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
sorry kinda hyperventilating here, i just told the system i want to transfer via pc

i did back up my old 3ds on my pc before doing this btw

do i need to remove my 3ds sd card in my old 3ds and make another back up right now to transfer to the new micro sd card? (that device is curently on, or will the back up i made pre transfer serfice?

the old system is saying copy my data onto the target micro sd card and then putt it into the new system

I'd say it's better to do a copy now that the transfer is done (shutdown both consoles after each has rebooted after the transfer), because it may have modified some files during the process and so your other backup may be outdated.

Rich!

Took my New XL into GAME earlier when picking up a smash gamecube pad.

The staff were amazed, confused (HOW DID YOU GET THIS?!?), stunned with the 3D effect and jealous

And then I was like lol bye

I'd say it's better to do a copy now that the transfer is done (shutdown both consoles after each has rebooted after the transfer), because it may have modified some files during the process and so your other backup may be outdated.

the only thing that has transferred so far from one to the other is dsi stuff, and i havent put my new sd into the new 3ds yet

Rich!

right now my 3ds xl is saying

please insert the microsd card into the target system after transferring the data to it via pc

back/next

so do i take my sd card out of my xl now, back it up, transfer to micro sd, put that into new 3ds the press next

That is exactly what you do.

Top Bottom