• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Mine, shipped Tuesday from Play-Asia via FedEx is still in Guangzhou, China, it spent a day there :/

The tracking status still says it will arrive this Friday before 6PM, here, in France.

XaosWolf

I didn't get a choice at postage when I checked out, my 3ds is still in HK :(

(my new3ds is currently in france :D)

The last 4 updates on mine have been "In transit: GUANGZHOU CN" /=,

I can only hope that there's a Jackie Chan style fight causing this.
(Possibly racist?)

Mine, shipped Tuesday from Play-Asia via FedEx is still in Guangzhou, China, it spent a day there :/

The tracking status still says it will arrive this Friday before 6PM, here, in France.
You can sit on the bench here with me and Keanu. Mine says Monday though.

Hooray for play-asia. They also shipped mine this monday and it'll arrive before 6PM at my home in Frisia. So with a bit of luck I'll be playing Omega Ruby on day one on the new XL. Here's hoping I finally get an undamaged console. All three ones I have had were damaged in some way :( (Stuck, dead pixels, exploded pixels, scratch problem, battery issues, etc).

Rich!

Dunno if anyone gives a shit, but the web browser on the New 3DS identifies as "Nintendo Browser" and the version in the newest firmware is 1.0.9934.EU. dunno how that differs to the browser on the OG model.

anyhow, youtube 3D support is seriously a killer app imo. with the improved 3D, it's absolutely incredible. I've been showing friends and family some 3D videos (some underwater ones, some LG demo ones) and despite them all having seen an OG 3DS before, they were all incredibly impressed with it

such a pity that this wasn't there at launch along with the better 3D.

Saiyan-Rox

Just bought the ORAS Theme from the Eshop in preparation for this!

This is Nintendo week for sure. Pokemon, New 3DS and smash bros all at the same time....my backlog is bad enough damnit!

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
The last 4 updates on mine have been "In transit: GUANGZHOU CN" /=,

You can sit on the bench here with me and Keanu. Mine says Monday though.

It just left Guangzhou and it still tells it wil arrive friday.

If it goes through France and take one more day for other countries, it sounds good for me as I'm in France two hours away from Charles de Gaulle.
It should arrive tomorrow there, then friday to my work ^^

Nemesis_

So I bought a black one and I hate it. Been told by my local store that I can swap it.

So can I do a transfer on Friday if I did a transfer last Friday? Or do I have to wait until Saturday.

ZeroX03

Banned
The improved 3D is so good. It takes it from "gimmick you'll sometimes use" to "consistently improving the image in almost all situations".

My New 3DS XL was dispatched on Wednesday too. It's a shame I can't open it as its a present. I only ordered last week, I'm surprised it was dispatched so quickly.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
my unit has entered England, shipping's been amazingly fast so far. Expecting it tomorrow, depending on how much these local berks mess it up

Zing

Banned
So I bought a black one and I hate it. Been told by my local store that I can swap it.

So can I do a transfer on Friday if I did a transfer last Friday? Or do I have to wait until Saturday.
What was wrong with the black?

The transfer limit is precisely 7 days down to the minute.

Dunno if anyone gives a shit, but the web browser on the New 3DS identifies as "Nintendo Browser" and the version in the newest firmware is 1.0.9934.EU. dunno how that differs to the browser on the OG model.

anyhow, youtube 3D support is seriously a killer app imo. with the improved 3D, it's absolutely incredible. I've been showing friends and family some 3D videos (some underwater ones, some LG demo ones) and despite them all having seen an OG 3DS before, they were all incredibly impressed with it

This is the first ive heard of this! How awesome!
Is it part of the youtube app or through YouTube in the browser?

Vena

Pretty sure they R&D these improvements themselves, lol. Not sure they could have launched this back them without either (a.) costing even more than it did then, or (b.) without a time-machine. If they streamline the technology well enough and make it cheap to build, I could see their next handheld coming with a 3D enabled variant... if developers would bother coding games to be able to work on it.

Atouba

It just arrived in Koeln/Cologne (DE), still planned for delivery tomorrow in France :)

Really? Thats crazy. My 3DS was first in france, then germany (where is the destination) xD

edit:
My 3DS is now at my parents home (I don't trust my neighbors :D). I will not have time before saturday to do the system transfer, but it feels good, that everything worked well! Only 2 days from HK to Germany is a very good delivery time!

liger05

The 3D is way way better!!!

I need to check out these youtube vids now, impressions sound dope.

I had an XL after the OG 3DS and gotta say going back to the small factor is nice. I really like this new 3DS!!

Who did you order from?

Play-Asia

Caramello

Has anyone from outside of UK tried (and succeeded) in transferring the account? I've read here a couple of days ago about someone from Ireland, who kept receiving error messages. I'm in Poland, so I don't use the exact same e-shop as Brits do, and I have a crapload of digital games I want to transfer.

I've got a friend in Australia who's coming back here for Christmas, so he can buy me the N3DS locally and bring it over.

Thing is, I can't decide whether to get the regular size or the XL.
Breakdown:
(++) dem faceplates <3
(+++) SNES buttons
(++) not glossy
(+) white by default

(- - -) smaller, and I'm a big guy with large hands

The last one is a potential deal breaker. Anyone here jumped from old XL to regular N3DS? I've never held a small 3DS in my hands. I've got a regular DSi, though. It's a tad too small and gets me hand cramps after some time in MH3 or Smash. The XL is just right.

Please help, N3DSGAF.

New 3DS XL is the best handheld Nintendo have ever made.

There's no choice to be made between them.

Note: I upgraded from a launch 3DS.

Rich!

My New XL is amazing.

My only negative point is the glossy underside. However, its a removable plate! I guarantee I will be able to buy a matte replacement from ebay next year.

No issues with the glossy top half, thats sexy as hell

Sillverrr

Mine's primed for delivery on Monday. It's gone from France to Germany, and is currently in transit to who knows where! The frustrating part is I live closer to France... is it going to England next? Then they will have formed a perfect triangle around me before it's delivered!

Edit: Yep! Gone to Stansted in England! Please now send it to the Channel Islands!

XaosWolf

According to Fedex, my n3DS has just reached Köln.
Unless it picks up the pace from here on out, it looks like the Monday expected delivery date to be true then.

I know its still early compared to non-importers, but still, frowny face.

Rich!

the 3D Image stabilization isn't working for me the image keeps jumping about

It shouldn't be. At all. Mine is dead smooth.

Try the calibration for it in the system menu. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry to say it may be faulty.

Saiyan-Rox

It shouldn't be. At all. Mine is dead smooth and only breaks if I REALLY shake my head like a madman.

Try the calibration for it in the system menu. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry to say it may be faulty.

I tried the calibration the screen keeps flashing the must detect face thing every few seconds :(

Rich!

I tried the calibration the screen keeps flashing the must detect face thing every few seconds :(

It's faulty. Even says so in the instruction manual.

Contact your supplier asap. I'm serious.

Edit: one thing to try - use it in a dark room. Its IR based, so UV light (sunlight) may affect it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
To anyone getting a N3DS, add me on the friends menu:

1650-1657-7882

super elitist friend list, i like it!

guards%2Boff.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

It's faulty. Even says so in the instruction manual.

Contact your supplier asap. I'm serious.

Turns out the image jumping about was just zelds in general in the 2nd temple (tried it on the old 3DS XL swell) just bad luck with the first time 3D choice. The calibration does seem to have an issue detecting my face though but I'll test it out more later on tonight still to do the transfer and I've work to go to.

Mistle

My New XL is amazing.

My only negative point is the glossy underside. However, its a removable plate! I guarantee I will be able to buy a matte replacement from ebay next year.

No issues with the glossy top half, thats sexy as hell
not a bad idea. i actually ended up really liking the glossy top, looks fantastic. but the gloss bottom can start to feel bad sometimes, a matte replacement sounds good.

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Great news mines just been delivered from 365, bad news is i'm stuck at work for the next 5 hours.

Wonder if I can instruct my 1 year old to start the transfer for me...

Top Bottom