• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

caligula13

Gold Member
just ordered the new 3DS from play-asia (I'm in Germany)

Hopefully there won't be any problems with getting the device

Piotrek

Has anyone from outside of UK tried (and succeeded) in transferring the account? I've read here a couple of days ago about someone from Ireland, who kept receiving error messages. I'm in Poland, so I don't use the exact same e-shop as Brits do, and I have a crapload of digital games I want to transfer.

I've got a friend in Australia who's coming back here for Christmas, so he can buy me the N3DS locally and bring it over.

Thing is, I can't decide whether to get the regular size or the XL.
Breakdown:
(++) dem faceplates <3
(+++) SNES buttons
(++) not glossy
(+) white by default

(- - -) smaller, and I'm a big guy with large hands

The last one is a potential deal breaker. Anyone here jumped from old XL to regular N3DS? I've never held a small 3DS in my hands. I've got a regular DSi, though. It's a tad too small and gets me hand cramps after some time in MH3 or Smash. The XL is just right.

Please help, N3DSGAF.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm a XL user moving down to the smaller one and I have 0 cramp problems so far. I like to think that my hands are on the bigger side.

Hasney

Has anyone from outside of UK tried (and succeeded) in transferring the account? I've read here a couple of days ago about someone from Ireland, who kept receiving error messages. I'm in Poland, so I don't use the exact same e-shop as Brits do, and I have a crapload of digital games I want to transfer.

Yes. basically an error comes up when you select region, you just need to login to the eShop (NOT with the NNID you're transferring) and then it's fine from the other posts in this thread. Then transfer away.

Rich!

I love the new c stick. It only requires the smallest amount of movement, but it is nice and effective. Using it for zoom on the web browser is really good.

Ban Puncher

I have trawled all the Big W stores in this town and nobody has the wooden cover plate or any cover plates for that matter. I found a JB that I don't usually frequent with one in stock but when I asked for the $17 price match, the tattooed hipster sales guy told me to bugger off.

I might try it on with the store manager I know at my usual JB when I go in on Saturday to pick up Smash Bros and a gorillion Amiibos.

Skele7on

Banned
new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-054-youkai-watch-jibanyan-387517.1.jpg

MOTHER OF GOD PRE ORDERED!

Mine should be here by the end of the week.

Please import taxes, don't do this....

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Just checked my 365games order and its showing as dispatched, selected special delivery so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Felensis

Banned
My 3DS XL currently is in Dubai, ETA is Friday. I've ordered from play asia. Hopefully the German customs won't step in between me and my shiny new gadget...

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Dispatch email from 365! :D

No tracking number with special delivery though....

Yup same here, i'm avoiding pinging them again on Twitter as I've bugged them all week !

Special delivery is essentially next day 1pm - but I think that's dependent on what time of day its posted.

Saiyan-Rox

Yup same here, i'm avoiding pinging them again on Twitter as I've bugged them all week !

Special delivery is essentially next day 1pm - but I think that's dependent on what time of day its posted.

I've had things from amazon posted after that (well email anyway) and had stuff the next day even though i'm not mainland.

Working all day tomorrow swell damnit! xD hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow night all ready to be used with pokemon on friday

iMarkyP

Neo Member
I've had things from amazon posted after that (well email anyway) and had stuff the next day even though i'm not mainland.

Working all day tomorrow swell damnit! xD hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow night all ready to be used with pokemon on friday

I just called them and they gave me my tracking number, said it went out at 3:30pm today so should be with me tomorrow before 1pm.

MicH

I haven't heard anything from 365games about my new 3DS XL. Maybe because I'm not in the UK? Which model did you guys get?

Rich!

Damn, I really love this c stick.

Once you realise you only literally have to touch it to get movement on-screen, it just clicks. It's great, and has quite a good range. It's just stupidly sensitive and needs some getting used to.

Damn, I really love this c stick.

Once you realise you only literally have to touch it to get movement on-screen, it just clicks. It's great, and has quite a good range. It's just stupidly sensitive and needs some getting used to.

its not flimsy is it? my biggest worry is it would break off

Impotaku

MOTHER OF GOD PRE ORDERED!

Mine should be here by the end of the week.

Please import taxes, don't do this....

Good choice, i have that one myself along with the screen theme to match, i love that the coordinate the plates to the themes. Waiting for next new batch to come out now 17 faceplates and counting i just can't stop collecting them.

Atouba

My 3DS XL currently is in Dubai, ETA is Friday. I've ordered from play asia. Hopefully the German customs won't step in between me and my shiny new gadget...

Don't worry. Fedex pays the customs for you and will write you an invoice. Normally they put an extra fee on the invoice, but you don't have to pay that. Just pay the custom taxes (http://www.gutefrage.net/tipp/fedex-zollrechnung-reduzieren).

(my new3ds is currently in france :D)

Jofamo

I just called them and they gave me my tracking number, said it went out at 3:30pm today so should be with me tomorrow before 1pm.

Hey, I seen you guys were also pinging 365 on Twitter!

Yeah I got my dispatch confirmation email today too, and I chose Special delivery. Hopefully what they told you was true, and it got sent out pretty early, cause I'd love it to be delivered tomorrow!

Funny thing was, I ordered it alongside Persona Q. I got a dispatch confirmation yesterday evening and got all excited, but they had just sent out Persona Q first. Didn't receive that today, must have been shipped out later, so I should get both tomorrow!

LAM09

My order from 365games has been dispatched. :D

Edit: 3DS XL is back in stock on 365games, but the price has risen. They cost £174.99.

termick

Banned
Dispatched to forward2post. Cannot wait for them to receive it and forward it to me (365games didn't feel like sending it to Poland :<)

Skele7on

Banned
Good choice, i have that one myself along with the screen theme to match, i love that the coordinate the plates to the themes. Waiting for next new batch to come out now 17 faceplates and counting i just can't stop collecting them.

With this and Amiibos goodbye wallet.

I actually prefer the plates instead buying multiple devices, as I have in the past GG Nintendo.

Top Bottom