• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like Xenoblade was a very story heavy game to begin with.

If Xenoblade wasn't a story heavy game to you, I question what game you were playing called Xenoblade then, cause the one I played had a focus on story. Sure, it wasn't nearly as story centric as Gears or Saga, but it still had a fairly fleshed out story.

B.K.

An 100 hour game which had hundred of cutscenes isn't story heavy?

It's only a 100 hour game if you spend your time on the quests. The main story isn't 100 hours long. Have you played Xenogears or Xenosaga Episode I? There aren't any parts of those games where you have hours between cutscenes. Xenoblade has the least story of any game Takahashi has made so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's only a 100 hour game if you spend your time on the quests. The main story isn't 100 hours long. Have you played Xenogears or Xenosaga Episode I? There aren't any parts of those games where you have hours between cutscenes. Xenoblade has the least story of any game Takahashi has made so far.

Having the least story out of a xenogame doesnt make automatically not story heavy

Zolbrod

Have you played Xenogears or Xenosaga Episode I? There aren't any parts of those games where you have hours between cutscenes.

Nope, instead you have 10 minutes of gameplay between 30 minute cut scenes in Saga, and a second disc that is nothing but text in Xenogears.

If that's what it takes to be "story heavy" I'll take Xenoblade any day, thank you very much.

Nope, instead you have 10 minutes of gameplay between 30 minute cut scenes in Saga, and a second disc that is nothing but text in Xenogears.

If that's what it takes to be "story heavy" I'll take Xenoblade any day, thank you very much.

This. Xenoblade had a great thing going. Big story, but also big gameplay so it didn't feel like a movie.

duckroll

Xenoblade had a pretty light script honestly. I wouldn't say the game was light on story, but in terms of actual dialogue and screenplay size it was fairly light for a RPG. There's still a lot of of text in the game especially in the optional quests and all that, but if they're talking about the main screenplay writers in particular, I think it's safe to assume they're generally talking about the script for the main scenario - ie: all major story cutscenes.

It seems like all too often people's definition of "story heavy" is "the percentage of this game that is actually interactive is very small".

Zareka

Zero²;140932093 said:
Yes you can play as your very own space Rihanna if you so wish.
I will :D
Hell yes. Consider me hyped!
Oh man, I've never seen this before. Doesn't look like the most extensive thing ever, but I'll be happy if it has a decent amount of options. I just love character creation so much!

C'moooon 2015, hurry up.
C'moooon job, hurry up.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Xenoblade had a pretty light script honestly. I wouldn't say the game was light on story, but in terms of actual dialogue and screenplay size it was fairly light for a RPG. There's still a lot of of text in the game especially in the optional quests and all that, but if they're talking about the main screenplay writers in particular, I think it's safe to assume they're generally talking about the script for the main scenario - ie: all major story cutscenes.

idk, it gets pretty dialogue heavy once they reach the fallen arm.

The official twitter account just posted a bit more:
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539337741960351744
[高橋]さて、焦らしてしまいましたが今日からデザイナーの皆さんを少しずつご紹介していきます。(つづく)
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539337900605702147
[高橋](つづき)まずは柳瀬敬之さん。毎回僕の伝えるイメージを的確に具体化してくださるのでとても信頼しています。本作でも非常に格好良いドール(ロボ)を描いてくださいました。(つづく)http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/yanase02/
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539338023687553024
[高橋](つづき)もうお一方、麦谷興一さん。もうゼノファンの皆さんにはお馴染みですね。勿論今回も最重要スタッフのお一人としてお力をお借りしました。http://chocolateshop-float.com/

random25

Nice...new info. Rough google translate says that Takahashi is introducing 2 members of the design team. Yanase Takayuki and Mugitani Koichi. Waiting for the proper translation from our fine folks here as always :)

Running all three tweets together. (Duckroll, please correct if I'm wrong on anything)
[Takahashi] I teased you all last week, but from today I'd like to introduce the games' designers a few at a time. Firstly, there's Takayuki Yanase. He is able to accurately realize my requests each time I approach him, so I trust him greatly. For this game, he drew the really cool Dolls (Robots) for us. http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/yanase02/
Next there's Koichi Mugitani. He should be well know amongst Xeno-series fans. Of course, for this game as well, he has been one of the most important people to assist with development. http://chocolateshop-float.com/

Zolbrod

The first tweet is just him saying "I'm going to be introducing our designers today," so I'll just skip to the goods in tweets 2 and 3.

2: First there's Takayuki Yanase. He always manages to accurately give shape to my ideas, so I trust him a lot. He drew the really cool dolls (robots) for this game.

3: And then there's Koichi Mugitani. Xeno-fans should be familiar with his name. Of course he's been one of the key members on this game.

duckroll

Glad to hear that Yanase and Choco (Mugitani's pen name) are confirmed as mechanical designers for the game. I'm not surprised, but it's good to had confirmation. Sad that he didn't mention Ishigaki though. I miss his designs from the Xenogears days, but Choco has shown that he's more than capable of replicating that sort of look in Xenosaga.

For those wondering, Yanase is a pretty popular mecha designer these days, and he worked on lots of stuff like Gundam 00 and Eureka Seven AO. He also designed a lot of the robotic enemies in MGS4 and MGR. Choco designed KOS-MOS in Xenosaga and the Vector line of mechs iirc, including the ones later in the series which look totally like Xenogears fanservice. Lol.

I like a lot of the Gundam 00 mecha designs and Kos-Mos also seemed very well designed. There are really shaping this up to be a true Xeno successor.

Really hope the religious themes are in even if only strongly seen in sidequests.

raven777

Glad to hear that Yanase and Choco (Mugitani's pen name) are confirmed as mechanical designers for the game. I'm not surprised, but it's good to had confirmation. Sad that he didn't mention Ishigaki though. I miss his designs from the Xenogears days, but Choco has shown that he's more than capable of replicating that sort of look in Xenosaga.

For those wondering, Yanase is a pretty popular mecha designer these days, and he worked on lots of stuff like Gundam 00 and Eureka Seven AO. He also designed a lot of the robotic enemies in MGS4 and MGR. Choco designed KOS-MOS in Xenosaga and the Vector line of mechs iirc, including the ones later in the series which look totally like Xenogears fanservice. Lol.

I liked Choco's design from Xenosaga, even the character designs from EPIII. Was he involved in Xenoblade?

duckroll

I liked Choco's design from Xenosaga, even the character designs from EPIII. Was he involved in Xenoblade?

No, I don't think he worked on Xenoblade. Or the robots would have been sexier. Lol.

Btw, if anyone wants to create and maintain a new thread for ongoing tweets, lemme know and I'll shut this one down.

Really hope the religious themes are in even if only strongly seen in sidequests.

It's pretty much expected when the e3 trailer made it known that the main "alien" force follows a higher power/lord. You can expect to face said higher power by the end of the game to bring an end to the alien race that is trying to wipe out humanity and for there to be many religious themes throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom