• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Nintendo Direct Next Week likely a partner Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member
H2x1_NintendoDirect_GenericLogo-1440x720.jpg

That’s according to the Nate the Hate podcast, a show which regularly breaks stories in the games industry, which suggests Nintendo could use its next Direct to highlight remaining third-party Switch content, before the expected imminent announcement of a successor console.

“I’m going into the first Nintendo Direct of this year with the expectation that it’s going to be a Partner Direct,” Nate said. “I don’t think Nintendo will host a general Direct this February, I think they’re going to do third-parties instead.”

Partner Directs are Nintendo’s digital presentations focused on games from third-party developers.

Source

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was never gonna be the Switch 2 Direct. That'll be June for a Q4 2024 release or November for a Q1 2025 release.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Retro Studios is a partner… right? Right??

Woopah

Makes sense that that they'd save the bigger games for the Switch 2 reveal in March.

Hopefully we get dates for some Level 5 and SE games.

Robb

Gold Member
Makes sense to me. I’d assume that any direct that airs before Switch 2 is officially announced will be a boring one.

As long as I get some Metroid remakes I’ll be more than happy.

The recent Steam Next Fest had a zillion demo indy things that probly be best on the Switch. and not my..... Brand New PC.

Raven77

It was never gonna be the Switch 2 Direct. That'll be June for a Q4 2024 release or November for a Q1 2025 release.

No. You don't announce something so big a few months before release. If switch 2 comes out in the next 12 months it will be announced this spring at the latest.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No. You don't announce something so big a few months before release. If switch 2 comes out in the next 12 months it will be announced this spring at the latest.

The full Switch reveal was less than 5 months before release. Before that it was just the NX and the entire world already knows they're releasing something.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Makes sense. Assuming the Switch 2 will launch this year, Nintendo only has a handful of ports and smaller games in the works anymore, like Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Princess Peach.

Meanwhile, third parties will continue to support the hardware for a little longer with smaller budget and indie games.

Raven77

The full Switch reveal was less than 5 months before release. Before that it was just the NX and the entire world already knows they're releasing something.

It was announced as the Nintendo NX in March of 2015 and REVEALED as the switch later, then released in 2017.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

nah. they will promote their games for the 1st half of the year as usual. they have quite a few. Peach, Luigi, Paper Mario, FE remake?, Mario vs DK, ...

it doesn't make sense for them to not do that even if Switch 2 reveal were to be coming soon.

Last edited:

AV

It was announced as the Nintendo NX in March of 2015 and REVEALED as the switch later, then released in 2017.

I know, in the post you first quoted I said "the Switch 2 Direct" - I'm saying the show where they reveal the Switch 2 to the public will probably be ~5 months before release, like the original.

But, really, we can only guess, it's Nintendo.

reinking

Gold Member
Next week? Partner? Hmmmm.... ....Is this where Phil will be speaking about the future of Xbox?

😜

Last edited:

And they had everything to gain by erasing the memory of the Wii-U, where as they now have everything to lose in the transition of their largest userbase to a new console.

Astral Dog

He thinks its going to be a partner Direct, doesn't state anything either way, no news

doesn't matter as long as the Switch 2 is shown in march

Top Bottom