• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Takahashi is just giving more details on Yanase and Mugitani's contributions on the project. He mentions that Yanase is famous for his work on Gundam 00, and that he recalls that he joined the project around the time Kotobukiya's Frame Arms model kits were announced. His request for Yanase was to design the Dolls in the game to mechs which can transform into multiple different vehicle types from single convertible base frames.

He then talks about Mugitani. Apparently he'll be handling the entire design line for "a certain faction" in the game. He's being sort of vague, but he says that he requested him to join the project because in all of Japan he feels that this is something only Mugitani can design. He remembers first meeting him for this project at a coffee shop in Tachikawa, and he's very pleased that each time he gets designs back from him, they are really detailed. Apparently we can also look forward to his designs of "sexy battle suits" for some troops. :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Takahashi is just giving more details on Yanase and Mugitani's contributions on the project. He mentions that Yanase is famous for his work on Gundam 00, and that he recalls that he joined the project around the time Kotobukiya's Frame Arms model kits were announced. His request for Yanase was to design the Dolls in the game to mechs which can transform into multiple different vehicle types from single convertible base frames.

He then talks about Mugitani. Apparently he'll be handling the entire design line for "a certain faction" in the game. He's being sort of vague, but he says that he requested him to join the project because in all of Japan he feels that this is something only Mugitani can design. He remembers first meeting him for this project at a coffee shop in Tachikawa, and he's very pleased that each time he gets designs back from him, they are really detailed. Apparently we can also look forward to his designs of "sexy battle suits" for some troops. :p

This is indeed relevant to my interests.

anaron

Oh dear. Lol

Well, if he designs a KOS-MOS type character for Tanaka to redesign in his style, I'm all for it. :p

duckroll

Oh boy, ha ha.

Why am I imagining some sort of sci-fi Amazone tribe for this? Would fit the "sexy battle suits" part.

More likely something more like KOS-MOS I think. The way he talks about Mugitani's design scope, it certainly sounds a lot like what they did for Xenosaga. One designer works on the "normal" mech stuff which is shown early in the game and in the trailers, while another designer is responsible for the more advanced designs which become more frequent as the story opens the world up more. That's what it sounds like to me.

Thanks for the translations again.

I'm wondering what the multiple vehicle types from base frames means? We've seen so far a tank and multiple motorcycle transformations but for both it seemed like the primary transformation.

My interpretation is that there is a base doll design to all units that is further modified to allow transformations. I wonder if you'll be able to get a jet modification or more probable that speed would be too much and we'll be restricted to general flight mode.

Also neat shutout to Gundam 00. I dream there'll be a mech like one of Tieria's with
bulk and slim forms

As for Coco I wonder if the white furred lady with the purple face veil from the E3 trailer is what he's talking about. It's hard to get a looked at her uniform but it is slick.

duckroll

I think what Takahashi means is that each Doll design (the mech form) is designed with multiple transformations in mind. Maybe you acquire base models and can further customize them to transform into different vehicles types?

L~A

Yeah, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of upgrade system for the Dolls (maybe even various modules with different specs -- battle focused / speed focused, etc...).

I mean, it IS a RPG after all. Quite looking forward to hearing more about this; I certainly am not a "mecha otaku", but I do like mechs in general.

TheMoon

Interestingly, when I looked up KOS-MOS on wikipedia, I discovered that it is the abbreviation of Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation Systems (I haven't played Xenosaga). So I suppose BLADE (Beyond the Logos Destiny Emancipator) would be the new android for Xenoblade X.

BLADE has a building, it seems to be their "police" or military defense force type thing. I think Elma is part of it and is basically recruiting your PC. At least that's what I gathered from the E3 stuff.

Escalario

Banned
[...] Apparently we can also look forward to his designs of "sexy battle suits" for some troops. :p

Kc1XleD.png

More likely something more like KOS-MOS I think. The way he talks about Mugitani's design scope, it certainly sounds a lot like what they did for Xenosaga. One designer works on the "normal" mech stuff which is shown early in the game and in the trailers, while another designer is responsible for the more advanced designs which become more frequent as the story opens the world up more. That's what it sounds like to me.

I think what Takahashi means is that each Doll design (the mech form) is designed with multiple transformations in mind. Maybe you acquire base models and can further customize them to transform into different vehicles types?

thank you thank you

so ready

JCX

Am I right to feel more optimistic about XBCX being more story than online due to the "more text than Xenoblade" line, or could it just be more weapon/item descriptions?

Gambit

I love this new embrace of twitter fan interaction. Getting new small updates on the status of the development helps keep the hype alive. Next step: pictures!

Nothing beats the plug suit in terms of sexiness. :p

a lot of LCL has been spilt over that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Subbed!

I probably wouldn't follow this thread heavily as I did for Smash Bros, but I'm definitely hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I need to finish Xenoblade Chronicles soon as possible but Smash U really sidetracked my progress.

Akai

Am I right to feel more optimistic about XBCX being more story than online due to the "more text than Xenoblade" line, or could it just be more weapon/item descriptions?

He was referring to the script. It's time to stop worrying about this...

JCX

He was referring to the script. It's time to stop worrying about this...

I'm pretty excited for any possible online co-op, but I also loved XBC, so I'm fine either way. I just know form that last thread that some people overreacted to the word "online", so I hoped this would calm them down a bit.

Slixshot

Banned
Currently playing through Xenoblade right now and I'm just in love with everything about it. Just under the 50 hour mark and I'm at
the second Gadolt fight
. Cannot WAIT to experience this universe in HD.

Edit: This second fight is bullshit lol

BLADE has a building, it seems to be their "police" or military defense force type thing. I think Elma is part of it and is basically recruiting your PC. At least that's what I gathered from the E3 stuff.

I suppose that BLADE building is the tower with a percentage on it in the trailer then. Hmmm.. That is interesting

TheMoon

I suppose that BLADE building is the tower with a percentage on it in the trailer then. Hmmm.. That is interesting

Yea I think in one of the videos there was a shot where you could see them walking into it or something and it said BLADE above the entrance. Not entirely sure without rewatching everything^^

Everything about this game (besides the faces) is so appealing to me.

Staying out of the import impression thread and waiting for localization is going to destroy me.

udivision

Everything about this game (besides the faces) is so appealing to me.

Staying out of the import impression thread and waiting for localization is going to destroy me.

I can live with the faces, but if the armor design is as terrible as Xenoblade's... well, maybe that will make the faces look better by comparison.

MilkBeard

Curious about the online play. Xenoblade was cool but it felt like it was missing that 'play with others' function while roaming the landscapes. Would be cool to at least see other people roaming and attacking monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom