• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Jigolo

Do you guys ever share the AP shards with Donald or Goofy? In KH1 I remember doing that but it came back and bit me in the ass later. Should I use them all on Sora or what's a good strategy for them?

Do you guys ever share the AP shards with Donald or Goofy? In KH1 I remember doing that but it came back and bit me in the ass later. Should I use them all on Sora or what's a good strategy for them?

All to Sora, never for Donald or Goofy. You don't need a majority of their limits on so that saves a ton of AP.

Luigi87

Definitely Sora. Access to more abilities to him is more vital than Donald or Goofy. Add on to that there are some boss fights where Sora has to go it solo.

So I haven't played these games since they first came out and can't remember anything about them. Should I jump in on anything but normal? And what is the ideal playing order for them? I'm waiting until payday to grab both 1.5 and 2.5.

RPGCrazied

Load times for drive forms are kinda annoying. Don't remember these in the PS2 game. Haven't had that texture problem so that is good.

Kinsei

Banned
So I haven't played these games since they first came out and can't remember anything about them. Should I jump in on anything but normal? And what is the ideal playing order for them? I'm waiting until payday to grab both 1.5 and 2.5.

Play/watch in release order.

KH1 > Re: Chain of Memories > KH2 > 358/2 Days > Birth by Sleep > Re: Coded.

Try standard on KH1 and then if that's too easy for you try out Proud in KH2.

Load times for drive forms are kinda annoying. Don't remember these in the PS2 game. Haven't had that texture problem so that is good.

Pause the game for a couple of seconds after activating the drive if the load times are causing you to miss combo opportunities.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Beat mulan, coliseum, and now in B&B world....so glad the refill drive at world select trick still works, that door with the two monsters was a mother bitch

Kinsei

Banned
Three questions,
It's there a no continue trophy like last time?
Does using Mickey count as a continue?
If so what do I do, re load my file?
P.S. Just jump to critical mode, it's not that bad and the extra AP and abilities is a nice bonus.

There isn't a no continue trophy.
Not sure, but there is a trophy for using Mickey.

Beat mulan, coliseum, and now in B&B world....so glad the refill drive at world select trick still works, that door with the two monsters was a mother bitch

I find Thresholder to be pretty easy. The boss on the other hand always gives me trouble. I actually had to get rescued by Mickey.

Man playing this is bringing back some great memories, y'know?

Started on Critical and I have no idea what I'm in for, y'know?

Also what's up with the load times? The initial
Nobody boss fight at the beginning after you pick your weapon acted real funky, y'know?

Shame there's no trophy for beating it on Lvl. 1 Critical though...
y'know

Bladenic

Hope I'm not stealing anyone's avatar with Luxord. What a dreamboat hunk.

I kinda want Timeless River Donald, has anyone taken him?

Caladrius

Dark Thorn was a tremendous pain. Haven't had any significant trouble other than that and the Lance Soldiers.

Hope I'm not stealing anyone's avatar with Luxord. What a dreamboat hunk.

I kinda want Timeless River Donald, has anyone taken him?

Good choice.

I haven't seen anyone with TR Donald.

Mr Buddy

Did everyone in this thread start with KH2? I feel kind of weird for starting with BBS now, lol. Anywho, I thought I'd give my impressions of the game. I just got through with
the first fight against Vanitas
, and I'm overall enjoying it. lts my first time playing it, and I've found the cast of characters and worlds so far to be decent, although
Aqua sounds pretty stiff and weird sometimes. I chose Ventus first, so maybe I just haven't heard very much of her?
. The one thing I'm not really understanding yet is the command deck. I get its basic purpose, but I'm just not used to it yet. Any tips for a beginner to master it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had a bend in my box as well, but it was from the store. Nothing was lying on top the box either. I think it's because there is nothing inside the box besides the game case and the pin. That leaves an entire section without support. The support around the pin protects it from being squished, but it's not very supportive for the entire box.

IMG_0580.jpg

You can see a slight bent in the center of mine. There's nothing up there.

Kinsei

Banned
Are there any more little extra things you can get in Twilight Town like the +2 AP for raising enough money or is that the only one?

As far as I know the only other optional item is an ability ring in a chest at the Sunset Terrace during the wonder hunt.

What items are missable in the beginning as Roxas?

and where do I get em :p

You get +2 AP if you keep doing jobs until you reach 2000 money. I believe there is an ability ring in a chest at the Sunset Terrace during the hunt for the seven wonders. The prize you get from the Setzer fight changes depending on whether you win or lose. If you win you get an the champion's belt which increases your fire, blizzard, and lighting resistance by 20%. If you lose you get the medal which increases your strength by 1.

Andrefpvs

Just raise 1300 or more munny when they give you the opportunity to do odd jobs to raise money to go to the beach before continuing.

Edit: beaten

Thanks!

As far as I know the only other optional item is an ability ring in a chest at the Sunset Terrace during the wonder hunt.

You get +2 AP if you keep doing jobs until you reach 2000 money. I believe there is an ability ring in a chest at the Sunset Terrace during the hunt for the seven wonders. The prize you get from the Setzer fight changes depending on whether you win or lose. If you win you get an the champion's belt which increases your fire, blizzard, and lighting resistance by 20%. If you lose you get the medal which increases your strength by 1.

Awesome, this'll help. I'll add this to my post on page 1, for easy reference.

Seda

Never played a KH game. So which one is better KH1 or KH2? I mean what is the consensus?

To be honest, the split between these two titles seems pretty even.

This is a bit old now, and of course not the best metric perhaps, but this is a 2010 poll on GameFaqs between the two games, for instance.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/4172-southeast-division-round-3-kingdom-hearts-ii-vs-kingdom-hearts

However, with Final Mix additions (basically things added in a previously Japanese-only rerelease), the tilt leans a little more strongly in Kingdom Hearts 2's favor.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks for the info. So roughly how long is KH1? Is it a long game?

If you play on beginner mode you could probably get through it in under 15 hours while watching all of the cutscenes. You won't get the secret ending, but you can just watch that on Youtube when you're done.

Re: CoM (Also included in 1.5) would probably take around the same amount of time for the first story, and the second story can easily be done in 4-5 hours.

The models look insanely good, did Sora get worked/touched on a bit for the final mix 2.5 or what? I mean I never got to see the game during the ps2 era and here I am amazed on how well the game has hold up despite being years out.

silva1991

So am playing as Aqua and she is amazing cartwheel >>>>> dodgeroll

will I be able to play the other characters later or do I need to replay the whole game again to play them ?

Kinsei

Banned
So am playing as Aqua and she is amazing cartwheel >>>>> dodgeroll

will I be able to play the other characters later or do I need to replay the whole game again to play them ?

Each character has their own story to play through. It'll probably be weird playing as Aqua first since she's the one that usually (very minor spoilers)
visits the worlds last, so you'll be seeing the consequences of things you haven't done yet.

So can you not use drive forms during
org 13 battles? I always go antiform

Organization
battles have a high chance of anti form appearing, but it's not a 100% chance.

Athreous

Guys, KH1 is a must in order to understand KH2 right?

I never played any of the franchise games, but I love jrpgs, do you recommend me the franchise? =p

How's the battle system of 1 vs 2?

Kinsei

Banned
Guys, KH1 is a must in order to understand KH2 right?

I never played any of the franchise games, but I love jrpgs, do you recommend me the franchise? =p

How's the battle system of 1 vs 2?

Yep to both KH1 being needed to understand the story and the recommendation. Re: CoM is also required to understand the story.

KH1 is a lot more basic, but it's still a lot of fun. Re: CoM is a card game so if that doesn't appeal to you just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

cantona222

If you play on beginner mode you could probably get through it in under 15 hours while watching all of the cutscenes. You won't get the secret ending, but you can just watch that on Youtube when you're done.

Re: CoM (Also included in 1.5) would probably take around the same amount of time for the first story, and the second story can easily be done in 4-5 hours.

Sounds good. I will play KH1 soon then

LostAnkh

I got past the dreadful beginning of KH2. Looking forward to everything else, especially since I'm playing on a harder difficulty.

Top Bottom