• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a more traditional online shooter mode compared to the one we've seen at E3? No good guys, bad guys, cat, % of territory for each team...just a classic ranking with pts, amount of deaths and kills...don't know what those "12", "6", "5" near players' icon stand for.

It says "rank".

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Is this a more traditional online shooter mode compared to the one we've seen at E3? No good guys, bad guys, cat, % of territory for each team...just a classic ranking with pts, amount of deaths and kills...don't know what those "12", "6", "5" near players' icon stand for.

No, that's the individual ranking for the players of each team. It was also in the demo from Gamescom. I was proud to be the best player in 2 out of 3 games there. I don't remember what "12", "6", "5" was, but it might be the percentage of territory painted by each.

New tweet yay :D

B4ept2xCQAAXHXI.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/542588887457992704

Translation:
Report from the Squid Research Laboratory.
In Turf Battles, the amount of area covered by ink becomes your points. The number of times you knocked out enemies and the number of times you were knocked out is counted to, but these don't contribute to your score. This means that the ones who spread the most ink are the best.

And back to my No. 2 GOTY
Captain Toad, of course

Zero²

Translation:

Captain Toad, of course
But Captain Toad lauched this year heh
Sorry Europe ;-;
Mannn this game, I wonder if its a success sales wise, Nintendo might be less afraid to try something like this again in the future. Or if we will at least see sequels xP

No. That mode is inside team match. Your preformance is graded and kills = more splatter ink

Translation:

Captain Toad, of course

Ah yeah, the only motivation to kill here is to get more ink splattered and to have more time to spray more ink
Any Idea if local MP is in this yet or is it all going to be online/ SP?

1 Vs 1 local mp

L~A

Hmm... they've already said the same stuff a couple of weeks ago.

Hope they won't have to recycle info too much until the next trailer in the next Direct :p

I love the amount of cosmetics to dress up your squid. :D
Hopefully they'll be easy to unlock/buy through experience points. Or some kind of loot system.

I come from the school of Team Fortress 2 so I enjoy my hats, but the buying/trading system of TF2 sucks.

"Rank" here definitely doesn't line up with placings, as it clearly differs from the way their scores are arranged.

Compare it to the E3 build:

Not a fan on online shooter ranking up systems at all, so I'm not sure how to feel about this, but we'll see how it's handled I guses.

DaBoss

I'm guessing the levels/ranks will let you unlock cosmetics and stuff?
Any Idea if local MP is in this yet or is it all going to be online/ SP?
They said they want to do something with local MP, but they didn't say what.
Is it based on the amount of paint you sprayed or the total surface you changed to your team's color? If it's the former, it doesn't make any sense.
I mean, if you just spray over your own color over and over again, it shouldn't count.
It is the total surface area that is covered by your team's color paint. Walls do not count towards the score.

JCX

This post sorta reeks of condescension. Heh..

Meant it in a good way, meaning the game is more accessible.

I'm saying this as someone who is abysmal at shooters, and bought my first ever non Metroid Prime FPS this year.

I almost never play crucible in Destiny because I feel like a drag on my team. With Splatoon, I won't have to worry since the goal seems to be % covered, not Kill/Death ratio.

Like Smash/Kart, it's fun at any skill level.

DizzyCrow

I'm saying this as someone who is abysmal at shooters, and bought my first ever non Metroid Prime FPS this year.

I almost never play crucible in Destiny because I feel like a drag on my team. With Splatoon, I won't have to worry since the goal seems to be % covered, not Kill/Death ratio.

I'm on the same boat, only played the Portal series and the single player from GoW3. It'll be nice to have a pickup and play shooter to play with the family, they already love Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Sorry, I kind of took it as a, "this is a shooter for babbies" type of thing.

Honestly, to me, Splatoon looks like a game that would be more difficult to master than many shooters as it melds mechanics from the platforming genre, as well as the shooter genre.

A new one. Seems related to the previous one on Wednesday?
イカ好きなら知っているだろうが、イカのアゴは「カラストンビ」と呼ばれ、鳥のクチバシのように堅くとがっている。よく観察すると、例のイカの歯も変わった形をしているのがわかる。
ちなみに、アゴの周りの肉はコリコリしていて美味い。
B4pqzlGCEAAoEJJ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/543364140731858944

Am I the only one who is concerned with the artstyle since the single player trailer? Artistically I think it looks far worse than e3. Especially the characters.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Am I the only one who is concerned with the artstyle since the single player trailer? Artistically I think it looks far worse than e3. Especially the characters.
If anything the Single Player trailer is what made me love the art style when before that it was just alright.

I think it looks great. It absolutely nails the "weird and drawn by a child" look it´s going for and looks compelling at the same time.

Basically the complete opposite of Drawn to Death or whatever it´s called.

A new one. Seems related to the previous one on Wednesday?

B4pqzlGCEAAoEJJ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/543364140731858944

Google translation

Would know if squid lovers, but squid jaw is called "Karasutonbi", it is pointed firmly as beak of the bird. When well observe, it can be seen and that is in the form that has changed also squid of the teeth of the example.
By the way, the meat around the jaw is delicious is not crunchy.

Now we'll wait for a proper translation.
Meanwhile.Have some squid razor teeth fanart from japan
5HO5DYwl.png

http://210.135.99.86/b/a/splatoon/721-#730

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom