• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

MUnited83

For you.
It's true. Seems everything is locked now. steamdb.info just isn't updated just yet. I tried to get several titles on my ru cart, and there's a region lock warning at the checkout. Everything is region locked. Everything.

ExoSoul

Banned
Jørdan;143642863 said:
Time to learn Portuguese.

Edit: nvm
I can give you lessons, but that's not what you want.
Please call it Brazilian.

-----

I never got to ride the bears ='(
Does that mean no more Russ sub's? (Looking at you Metro)

r3n4ud

It's true. Seems everything is locked now. steamdb.info just isn't updated just yet. I tried to get several titles on my ru cart, and there's a region lock warning at the checkout. Everything is region locked. Everything.
Right before the sale, heh. Fuck sakes.

MUnited83

For you.
Are already bought copies locked now too? I had someone holding a DOA5 copy for me that I wanted to buy tomorrow or so :/

Not sure yet. I have loads of games purchased from Russia on my inventory and there's no region lock warning at all. This region lock might be a new one that's not retroactive. That or the gift descriptions were not yet updated to reflect this.

Not sure yet. I have loads of games purchased from Russia on my inventory and there's no region lock warning at all. This region lock might be a new one that's not retroactive. That or the gift descriptions were not yet updated to reflect this.

I feel like retroactively locking copies would fuck over too many people and not benefit anyone. I hope it not the case

_hekk05

Banned
after you know what game came back on greenlight I wanted to go purchase stuff from the B/S/T thread. Unfortunately he had troubles with his paypal.

no more isaac, no more tits for me

at least i gave chariot that doa5

2014-12-17_02-43-46.jpg

2014-12-17_02-45-09.jpg
giphy.gif

ukraine is the last bastion

shit. didn't see cis in the tweet. it's all over now. all over.

bigzgod

I can still activate some of the games in my inventory purchased from Russia...

Salsa

this strangely comes at a time where I should be, and was starting to, getting my shit a bit more together and stop spending and playing games so much

so im gonna take it as a sign

in fact I probably caused this

with my mind

Annubis

Darn, now I feel bad for sending that PM to the guy for DOA5...
And I likely won't be getting it anymore.

I'd spend 15$ for a fighter with some silliness; not 40$.

idc what anyone says, as long as i can continue using VPN to buy games on origin without getting banned Origin>>>>Steam. Steam sales aren't even that great anymore, you can find better prices at other sites.

RIP my cheap DOA5. You came when I have nothing, and left before I could say goodbye.

Well, since the prices here are a bit more expensive than the Russian / CIS / Brazil but still a bit cheaper than the EU / US store, I might still buy games. But in a much lesser frequency now.

Well, went ahead and bit the bullet and grabbed DoA5 off Dispenser. I was gonna hold off until achievements were for sure, and the patch for online shipped, but $12 was too good to pass up with the lock happening.

SO, a little pre-sale giveaway. I'll be traveling over the majority of the sale so I might not be able to give away too much. But it is still better than nothing. Some people seem to like it. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that just one person made this. Hopefully I'll actually have time to play it after we move sometime next year.
Thanks for this and thanks for the "other" thing just before ;)
-
Guess I did good by buying 7k gems and going full on auctions.

Heh. Looks like the games I'll get via bidding will be the most this winter... :/

_hekk05

Banned
well at least volvo didn't screw up the singapore store. I can still enjoy some discounts. Frigging region locks al over the place though

dammit. my web just got super flaky the last hour or so.

missed putting last minute bids on games.

dammit. it's already 3:20 am here. i don't want to stay awake for another hour... but i will -_-

Top Bottom