• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The food scenes in D4 are absolutely ridiculous

Ok, so the food scenes don't spoil any of the main plot of D4. They are extra side content and completely optional. That being said, if you don't want to be spoiled on them...hide, I guess?

That being said...what the hell. Even knowing this is a SWERY game, I've never been more caught off guard than by these crazy ass segments:

First Food Scene (Clam Chowder)

Another Food Scene (Hot Dogs)

I haven't seen them all yet, just the first one and this one, but I'm going to assume they're all patently absurd. If you haven't played D4, I highly recommend it, but even if you never play one second of it..these are worth special mention, and totally worth viewing. Because they're freaking insane.

I freaking died at hot dog feet

@MUWANdo

Banned
Swery said Microsoft specifically asked him to include scenes that would "go viral" and I guess these were what he came up with. The entire game is like that and it's a little transparent, honestly.

I love it when Japanese games are set in America.

I think Alex of Giant Bomb said it best: Swery has enough of an understanding of American culture to know general nuances (Boston vs New York beef), but then decides to flip it completely on its' side. It's freaking madness.

Swery is a master of food in games

I loved the stuff I saw in Deadly Premonition too. The scene with the hotel owner was hilariously awkward

WITHE1982

Wow! If this ever comes to the PS4 it's a day one for me.

tumblr_lv4tlqZb3a1qz51yi.png

danowat

Banned
The whole game is completely ridiculous, but that's a good thing, shame more people didn't by it, it's a great experience, hopefully I won't completely stop developers make games that aren't "safe" like the majority of the fodder we are fed these days.

Dayum. Such a shame.

Might pop up on PC if that's an option.

The whole game is completely ridiculous, but that's a good thing, shame more people didn't by it, it's a great experience, hopefully I won't completely stop developers make games that aren't "safe" like the majority of the fodder we are fed these days.

GwG has given it a second wind, so hopefully we'll see a lot of D4 throughout this generation.

I'd personally love to see MS embrace Access in the same way that Sony embraced Quantic Dreams. Keep funding their great titles, they might not always have mainstream appeal, but they so much diversity to the system.

danowat

Banned
GwG has given it a second wind, so hopefully we'll see a lot of D4 throughout this generation.

I'd personally love to see MS embrace Access in the same way that Sony embraced Quantic Dreams. Keep funding their great titles, they might not always have mainstream appeal, but they so much diversity to the system.

I had someone send me a message on XBL saying, that out of the hundreds of people on there friends list, I was the only one who'd played it, and what was it like, of course I said it was well worth playing, but it did make me a bit sad.

D4 might be a technically more proficient game but Deadly Premonition is the more superior game in every other way. You are missing out by not playin DP.

---

Obligatory death note potato chip link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC6T3_O2iWc

You can see I adjusted my post because I thought this was a deadly premonition game (Haven't played either series), and proceeded to look into both games a little bit more. They're interesting, but that dialogue was just so awful in those food scenes, was that intentional?

You can see I adjusted my post because I thought this was a deadly premonition game (Haven't played either series), and proceeded to look into both games a little bit more. They're interesting, but that dialogue was just so awful in those food scenes, was that intentional?
If this is your take on it, the first thing that comes to your mind, don't bother with either.

Top Bottom