• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The food scenes in D4 are absolutely ridiculous

glaurung

Saw the chowder scene in a Giant Bomb video and watched the hot dog video now.

Both are unfunny, needlessly long and boring. This is not comedy, this is not fun. No wonder the game sold like crap.

I can understand people not liking the scenes; when I watched the Endurance Run of DP, I thought the game was just a low budget janky game, but when you get to the breakfast scene in the hotel with the absurdly long table, you realize you're just getting trolled the whole time, so just go along for the ride. :p

I like D4 a lot since it trims the fat a bit; you can go do extra stuff if you want, but the main stuff isn't too time consuming.

And my reaction to the food stuff was basically the same as in DP; 'Oh a food scene, ok...this is going too long..wait what the fuck?!' etc

Footos22

Both are unfunny, needlessly long and boring. This is not comedy, this is not fun. No wonder the game sold like crap.

I loved the game as a whole Got the 1000g but the food scenes aren't funny at all. Its just nonsense.
The main arc of the game is brilliant though. great memorable characters. Decent use of kinect.

Noobcraft

Brb forgot to download this.
I have a kinect, is it better to use the kinect for this game or just the regular controller?

Game4life

Banned

This. People need to stop romanticizing mediocrity.

Dai Kaiju

I haven't been able to laugh out loud at anything I've seen on the internet in the last few days...until now.

I'm not sure if I'm relieved that I'm capable of enjoying things again or if I'm disturbed that these two videos are what made it happen.

Either way, thanks OP.

Daingurse

Yeah, this is fucking weird and funny. Couldn't believe the way he was eating that pizza hahahha. I need to try double deckering like that.

Edit: Jesus, just watched the Hot Dog one. This is fucking hilarious.

RetroMG

I got this the other day from the Games with Gold, but I haven't touched it yet. After seeing this... Huh. I'm gonna have to go play it. I see people saying use Kinect... why? What is the difference?

This. People need to stop romanticizing mediocrity.

Not looking for an argument, but you gotta know that everyone's taste differs. Mediocre to you, hilarious to others, etc.

Either way, thanks OP.

No problem! Glad I was able to help make ya laugh :p

Edit: Jesus, just watched the Hot Dog one. This is fucking hilarious.

The clam chowder one was awkward at first cause I didn't know what to expect. The hot dog one is fucking hilarious from jump street

The only reason why I wanted to get Xbone.

This and KI were mine. I'm really digging the console so far.

I see people saying use Kinect... why? What is the difference?

It was made for Kinect and got controller support later. I like the controller version, but YMMV, I suppose.

sangreal

I love them

d44.png

d45.png

teraMEL0S

I love this damn game. It's nothing to write home about, but it is definitely charming and entertaining. Give us more seasons, please!

Nuke Soda

Downloading it at the moment. I did watch the Two Best Friends play through it and laughed my ass off through the whole playthrough, can't wait to play the game for myself. Those eating scenes were the best oh and the ending of the actual game made my jaw drop which is always a plus.

MrBS

My friend and I looked forward to the madness every time we got a chance to see an eating scene. Love SWERY.

Shauni

Hot dog feet is one thing, why is there a girl with green hair and a swim suit eating out of a dog bowl that neither of them acknowledge?

It was already mentioned here. She thinks she's a cat, or was a cat who got turned into a woman (not 100% clear in the game). This is actually acknowledged by the characters at one point.

Top Bottom