• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One on one duels are fine but this isn't Pikmin. I don't know how they can make them interesting enough to play over and over again.

I really wish they would put in a 4-player split-screen mode. It wouldn't matter if the framerate was less than 30 (see Mario Kart 8) it would be fun to play. Especially as the game's objective greatly diminishes screen watching.

TheMoon

One on one duels are fine but this isn't Pikmin. I don't know how they can make them interesting enough to play over and over again.

I really wish they would put in a 4-player split-screen mode. It wouldn't matter if the framerate was less than 30 (see Mario Kart 8) it would be fun to play. Especially as the game's objective greatly diminishes screen watching.

Let's wait and see what they even do.

Dr. Buni

How about we wait the game to be released first... If other developers can make shooters interesting to play over and over again, I am sure Nintendo can do the same.

Vena

Smaller, colosseum arena map with a peppering of cover and pathing-blocks would be ideal.

Jintor

I think they added the bit about one on one duels, unless I'm translating willing... That bit is about "intense offence/defence"

Of course, they've probably got word from the inside

Wendler

Banned

The framerate & performance is likely one of the primary reasons why a 4 player splitscreen mode won't be a feature. And of course it would matter if the framerate is shit.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New info.

調査員が、バトルの最中に例のイカが水に落ちる瞬間を撮影した。
どうやら水中では体の形を保てないらしく、イカは水に溶けてしまったそうだ。
彼らの体は液体なのだろうか?
謎は深まるばかりだ。
しかし、イカのクセにカナヅチとは嘆かわしい。
B65Q_OxCEAAXFZm.jpg:orig

AdanVC

Hnnnnghh nature map, yess <3. Graphics look really nice in those images. Lighting in particular. Almost remind me of MK8. What if they are using the same engine to create this game? :D

Coolwhip

Banned
This game looks like pure fun. I really hope it will be good. I haven't enjoyed a shooting game on a console since Goldeneye on the N64.

Exile20

Google translate:

Investigator , example squid in the midst of battle have taken a moment to fall in water .
Apparently seemed not maintain the shape of the body in water , squid I hear has melted to water .
Or their body might be a liquid ?
Mystery has just deepened .
However, it is deplorable and hammer to squid of habit .

Hmm, new map looks a little rough. I like the diversity, but the more urban areas definitely look more polished, at least so far.

That's actually really nice that they are varying the locals. The more I think about it, the more I'm glad they are doing that.

phanphare

Banned
that squid ghost..

man this game needs to just come out already

dear Nintendo,

release Splatoon now and just patch it until it's a polished game. all the cool kids are doing it.

I kid

but seriously release a demo or something!

plank

Better translation.

&#35519;&#26619;&#21729;&#12364;&#12289;&#12496;&#12488;&#12523;&#12398;&#26368;&#20013;&#12395;&#20363;&#12398;&#12452;&#12459;&#12364;&#27700;&#12395;&#33853;&#12385;&#12427;&#30636;&#38291;&#12434;&#25774;&#24433;&#12375;&#12383;&#12290;
Our investigators took a shot the moments when the squidgirl fell in water during battle.
&#12393;&#12358;&#12420;&#12425;&#27700;&#20013;&#12391;&#12399;&#20307;&#12398;&#24418;&#12434;&#20445;&#12390;&#12394;&#12356;&#12425;&#12375;&#12367;&#12289;&#12452;&#12459;&#12399;&#27700;&#12395;&#28342;&#12369;&#12390;&#12375;&#12414;&#12387;&#12383;&#12381;&#12358;&#12384;&#12290;
Seems like she can't keep her form in water and melted into it.
&#24444;&#12425;&#12398;&#20307;&#12399;&#28082;&#20307;&#12394;&#12398;&#12384;&#12429;&#12358;&#12363;?
Is her body made of liquid?
&#35598;&#12399;&#28145;&#12414;&#12427;&#12400;&#12363;&#12426;&#12384;&#12290;
The mystery only gets deeper.
&#12375;&#12363;&#12375;&#12289;&#12452;&#12459;&#12398;&#12463;&#12475;&#12395;&#12459;&#12490;&#12485;&#12481;&#12392;&#12399;&#22022;&#12363;&#12431;&#12375;&#12356;&#12290;
But it's sad that she's a squid and can't swim.

Briarios

So, I'm at work, and one of my employees comes in and says, "I was at the mall yesterday, and someone came up and asked me to do a marketing survey and I said, as long as I don't have to try any gross food, but they said it was for video games. They had me play this game called Splatoon or something."

I was like, what!!?! Are you kidding? He seemed surprised I'd heard of it. He said they had him play a single player map, he said it was fun and pretty easy to play. They showed him two of the character designs and asked him how he thought they compared to other Nintendo characters. He also mentioned that they asked some odd marketing questions like, "What gaming system wouldn't you play?"

If anyone has any questions, I'll ask him, but don't expect much, he's kind of a moderate/casual gamer -- plays PS3 a lot, but not hugely into it.

Just thought you guys might want to know. FYI, this was in the Tampa, FL, area.

Sou Da

So, I'm at work, and one of my employees comes in and says, "I was at the mall yesterday, and someone came up and asked me to do a marketing survey and I said, as long as I don't have to try any gross food, but they said it was for video games. They had me play this game called Splatoon or something."

I was like, what!!?! Are you kidding? He seemed surprised I'd heard of it. He said they had him play a single player map, he said it was fun and pretty easy to play. They showed him two of the character designs and asked him how he thought they compared to other Nintendo characters. He also mentioned that they asked some odd marketing questions like, "What gaming system wouldn't you play?"

If anyone has any questions, I'll ask him, but don't expect much, he's kind of a moderate/casual gamer -- plays PS3 a lot, but not hugely into it.

What was the map like?

hatchx

Banned

Interesting, I'd be curious to know his general impressions of the game and whether he found it fun, easy to pick-up-and-play, if he wanted to buy and keep playing, etc.

Splatoon is looking great. I can't wait until it comes out.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

holy shit,
well what did he think of the character designs?

Briarios

He said he played two maps. The first looked like it was on top of platforms or crates -- it was a really flat open map. The second sounded a lot like the one we've seen -- he said it was really multi-dimensional with stairs and gaps and curved walls. Two of the things he remembered most was a Gatling-like gun someone was manning. Then he said on one of the maps there was a paint sprayer that moved over an area like a carriage in a car wash that obliterated a character when they got doused.

He said it was cool, but he wasn't that good at the controls because he doesn't play those kinds of games often ... But even though the controls has a slight learning curve, he felt he was picking it up pretty fast. He said he thought his daughter would love it.

He said he thought the characters were cool, very Nintendo. In his uninformed way he said they were very Japanese, like Final Fantasy characters -- he's familiar with the 3DS, so I think he's comparing the kind of chibi appearance there. They showed him the Orange and purple characters - he picked orange as his favorite lol maybe they're determining who to lead with for advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom